Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto trans/management fault?  (Read 752 times)

0795omega

• View Profile
auto trans/management fault?
« on: 02 January 2011, 21:02:14 »

hi all,past 4 months my 97 2.5 has had new cambelt/tensioners,water pump,plugs,leads to cure a miss fire which came after new plugs fitted,new rockers+gaskets in march,egr valve+all filters/oil changed etc,then yesterday when driving it,on overun felt like it was going to stall at about 45 mph but didnt,then when you put the gas down a bit not demanding from it! feels not singing a full song,so when i had a clear road put the gas down harder and tc light lit up,road was bone dry and flat tc stayed on,then felt iffy again about 5 miles later,so floored it again for 3 seconds say and computer said auto gearbox,and it went into limp mode sport light didnt flash though! stopped turned engine off and re-started tc light off normal gearbox service resumed,had gearbox changed in march 2007 for a decent s/hand one+oil changed in it at same time,history says ive done 40,000 with it so far,its a wierd one this but im kind of thinking as ive had so much done in engine bay a sensor of some sort has been disturbed and is miss-communicating with gearbox ecu? sick as a pig really as this car has never messed me about till i had this cambelt service done,wish i hadnt bothered now cheers all

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
Re: auto trans/management fault?
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2011, 21:50:19 »

have you checked fluid  would be my first check  follow the guide on here to check properly :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2011, 22:12:51 »

Do the paperclip trick and read the fault codes. (& tell us what you find) What is the Paperclip Test?

The gearbox needs an rpm signal from the engine ECU to function properly. Some engine faults will bring up a gearbox error so we need to discount engine faults before looking at the gearbox.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

0795omega

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2011, 22:51:54 »

yes thanks will try paperclip test when got a min

0795omega

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2011, 14:46:55 »

just done 90 mile round trip,didnt miss a beat but will monitor it + if does it again certainly will paperlip test it,thanks all
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.