Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: British airways  (Read 4913 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: British airways
« Reply #30 on: 09 August 2019, 18:30:56 »

Maybe Boeing agree with my mass cull idea...
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 August 2019, 18:55:39 »

The reason they didn't connect it to both AOA sensors is that there would then have to be a procedure for handling the scenario where the sensors disagree, meaning pilot retraining for the type, and $$$.

Best to just pummel a few hundred passengers into the ground instead:(

They did get away with it for some time. And blaming the dead pilots, whilst slipping in 'updates'  a little later is industry SOP. Which makes it even more moronic to let them self-certify.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 August 2019, 19:09:16 »

The reason they didn't connect it to both AOA sensors is that there would then have to be a procedure for handling the scenario where the sensors disagree, meaning pilot retraining for the type, and $$$.

They did get away with it for some time. And blaming the dead pilots, whilst slipping in 'updates'  a little later is industry SOP. Which makes it even more moronic to let them self-certify.

Same practice in every industry where the cheapest option these days is to have the Fox looking after the Chicken coop. What could possibly go wrong with that? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 August 2019, 19:23:35 »

I read the book many years ago, and was also disgusted at their treatment of Branson. What Ive seen of him since has altered my view. I think its a great pity they didn't put him out of business permanently. I detest the grinning t wat.

I was just pissed off at the way BA acted. Under Lord King we were a great airline, once Marshall took over we started downhill. >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 August 2019, 19:34:45 »

Same practice in every industry where the cheapest option these days is to have the Fox looking after the Chicken coop. What could possibly go wrong with that? ::)
Depends, a decent fox will carefully manage the chickens to ensure ongoing growth and profitability...
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.