Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Left hand, right hand.  (Read 939 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Left hand, right hand.
« on: 15 May 2015, 19:35:41 »

Here in deepest Northamptonshire, we have 2 main roads around Brackley - the A43 dual carriageway linking the M1 and M40, and the A422 linking Buckingham to Banbury.

For a couple of weeks, there had been signs about the A422 being closed last weekend, and the diversion was via the A43.

So what did the Highways agency do last weekend? Yup, closed the A43, and put up a diversion via the A422.

Surely, and please accept that I am the stupid kid from the local comprehensive, the highways and councils talk to each other? And even more surely, when McPaddy was putting out the diversion signs pointing traffic towards a set of cones blocking a road, he would raise this up as a potential problem...

...or is common sense now yesterday's big idea?
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Left hand, right hand.
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2015, 19:37:40 »

Here in deepest Northamptonshire, we have 2 main roads around Brackley - the A43 dual carriageway linking the M1 and M40, and the A422 linking Buckingham to Banbury.

For a couple of weeks, there had been signs about the A422 being closed last weekend, and the diversion was via the A43.

So what did the Highways agency do last weekend? Yup, closed the A43, and put up a diversion via the A422.

Surely, and please accept that I am the stupid kid from the local comprehensive, the highways and councils talk to each other? And even more surely, when McPaddy was putting out the diversion signs pointing traffic towards a set of cones blocking a road, he would raise this up as a potential problem...

I thought you were a grammar school boy like myself?... ;)

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2015, 19:47:16 »

Nope! They really are as thick as pigs%^&* I got sent to a large queue of traffic once near the Thelwall Viaduct. They'd shut it for roadworks and put in a diversion on the main roads at 10pm - 5am. trouble was the diversion took em all round Birchwood and back to where they started from  >:( >:( >:( ;D ;D ;D DIMWITS!!!!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2015, 20:13:11 »

I thought you were a grammar school boy like myself?... ;)
Village Idiot, maybe...
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2015, 20:13:24 »

[TheBoy mode on] Stupid boy pike! [TheBoy mode off ] ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.