Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New post concerning central locking  (Read 698 times)

cam2502

• Omega Baron
  • dumfries,scotland
    • 08 BMW 520d & 03 Saab 95
    • View Profile
New post concerning central locking
« on: 31 July 2012, 14:41:04 »

Took the car into vauxhall this morning, Concerning the problem I'm having with the car not locking with the key fob. Explained to the guy that as soon as I press the button, all doors lock and then immediately open again.

So he detaches the metal piece of the key and splits the plastic caseing, and straight away says he thinks someone has had a go at it before. There was two wires, one either side of the battery, that he said shouldn't be there :-\

He said there's a small piece of metal inside that when the key is pressed this piece of metal moves and touches something that lock/unlocks the car. And for some reason these wires have been put in but are obviously no use as the car won't stay locked.

So the upshot is he says that a replacement of the lower half of the key, the fob part will cost £78, and if I wanted the whole key replaced it would be £145.! :(

So the next question is obvious.... Can anyone on OOF sort key fobs?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: New post concerning central locking
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2012, 14:43:45 »

Well, if the key fob was the problem.  ::)

Fortunately, he's barking up the wrong tree, in my opinion. ;) Sounds to me like one of the microswitches in the driver's door solenoid has died. (I'm assuming the driver's door is locking?).
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

cam2502

• Omega Baron
  • dumfries,scotland
    • 08 BMW 520d & 03 Saab 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2012, 14:47:28 »

Yes all doors lock, for a second, then all pop open again. Locks fine inserting the key, just not when pressing the fob.

waspy

« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2012, 15:24:22 »

Well, if the key fob was the problem.  ::)

Fortunately, he's barking up the wrong tree, in my opinion. ;) Sounds to me like one of the microswitches in the driver's door solenoid has died. (I'm assuming the driver's door is locking?).

I'd also say the VX guy's talking outa his arse. I think you'll find Kevin's right :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2012, 15:54:22 »

Yes all doors lock, for a second, then all pop open again. Locks fine inserting the key, just not when pressing the fob.

Yep. One of the microswitches in the driver's lock motor senses when the lock button is pulled up/down and triggers the ECU to assist moving the button and to activate the motors on the other 3 doors.

My guess is that this isn't making contact when the door locks, so the ECU thinks the driver's door has been unlocked, and unlocks the others.

Cheapest repair would be to strip down the locking motor and replace BOTH microswitches according to the maintenance guide:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90642.0

Problem solved with £3 worth of microswitches and a soldering iron.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2012, 17:24:49 »

Agreed to all above with a slight exception  ::). I've had the same fault with my Senator, but that was fixed by a liberal lubrication of all the locking mecanism of the driver's door  :y  :y.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.