Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 2.2 Z22XE cam belt kit - where best to get?  (Read 1592 times)

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
Omega 2.2 Z22XE cam belt kit - where best to get?
« on: 14 July 2017, 13:38:03 »

Where's best to get a cam belt and tensioner / rollers for a Z22XE 2.2L in an Omega?

I expect that we should also do the water pump? I imagine I should also renew the auxiliary drive belt? Anything else we might need, such as new bolts? I'm assuming I'll be able to borrow a cam locking kit from a neighbour, although I have one for a V6.

Any advice much appreciated?
Thanks,

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 2.2 Z22XE cam belt kit - where best to get?
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2017, 16:31:09 »

Used to be buypartsby.co.uk, but they are no longer doing anything online it appears.

Something like this should do it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timing-Cam-Belt-Kit-for-VAUXHALL-OMEGA-2-2-94-03-Y22XE-B-Petrol-Febi-/311748640534?fits=Car+Make%3AVauxhall%7CModel%3AOmega&epid=2083693485&hash=item4895aabf16:g:~pQAAOSwux5YOSLH

Yes, change the water pump as well, as it's cam belt driven. (this should come with bolts/seal etc) - You don't need a locking kit as such, it's just a cam lock/wedge thing.

Worth inspecting the aux belt, but it's soooo easy to change you don't have to do it there and then. Have a look for cracks, if good, can just leave it. Unless worried, then change it for peace of mind  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2017, 19:28:34 »

Used to be buypartsby.co.uk, but they are no longer doing anything online it appears.
Believe it or not, and I know impossible for a younger generation to comprehend, but there is a think called a telephone.  What you do is press some numbers in the correct order, and (shock, horror) speak to someone ;D.

Actually, you often get better deals this way.
Grumpy old man

atann

• Canterbury
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2017, 23:15:04 »

Believe it or not, and I know impossible for a younger generation to comprehend, but there is a think called a telephone.  What you do is press some numbers in the correct order, and (shock, horror) speak to someone ;D.

Exactly😀

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2017, 00:45:21 »

However, in this day and age there's also a significant risk you'll wind up dialling a UK number but speaking to someone with whom you don't share a common language  :-X.

Back on topic, I changed the thermostat when I did mine just because the coolant was drained, the one that was on was about 12yra old at the time and it was cheap to do it. Probably unnecessary but easy "while I was in there"  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2017, 12:03:22 »

Also I'd rather give my bank details to a secure website, than to some bloke over the phone who could be writing them down the details for later use  ::)

However, in this day and age there's also a significant risk you'll wind up dialling a UK number but speaking to someone with whom you don't share a common language  :-X.

Back on topic, I changed the thermostat when I did mine just because the coolant was drained, the one that was on was about 12yra old at the time and it was cheap to do it. Probably unnecessary but easy "while I was in there"  :y

Stat is very easy to do with everything still in place, I also experienced issues with replacement and it sticking shut and not opening. I'd personally replace when it shows signs of being lazy and temp not fully rising, but that's just me  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2017, 14:12:50 »

Aye. In the case of buypartby, it'll bet someone from that Nottingham/Leicester type area, and they don't speak proper like.  I have to get DTM to phone them, as he can talk the local lingo ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2017, 14:15:33 »

Also I'd rather give my bank details to a secure website, than to some bloke over the phone who could be writing them down the details for later use  ::)
Eh?

That same bloke you're speaking to on the phone will be the same bloke who gathers it off the online store to process.  At the same time, you can find out if something is genuinely in stock (so many online stores now claim to have stock, but don't as they order on demand), a real deliver date, and often a bit of cheeky discount.

But each to their own.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.