Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BBC Pay  (Read 10029 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Re: BBC Pay
« Reply #45 on: 20 July 2017, 12:45:21 »

Someone said yesterday during the reporting..'The licence payers have a right to see how their money is spent'.......
More to the point, when and how do we get a say in how its spent...and how do we get it stopped !!!!!! >:(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

STEMO

« Reply #46 on: 20 July 2017, 12:48:59 »

Someone said yesterday during the reporting..'The licence payers have a right to see how their money is spent'.......
More to the point, when and how do we get a say in how its spent...and how do we get it stopped !!!!!! >:(
You pay other taxes, and you don't get a say in how they're spent.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 20 July 2017, 14:22:51 »

Like Road Fund Licence... ::)

;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #48 on: 20 July 2017, 14:33:02 »

Like Road Fund Licence... ::)

;D

Don't get started on that one it will go on forever 😀

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 20 July 2017, 16:33:36 »

Evans has managed to convince someone that his time is worth £2.2m p.a. Good for him, I wouldn't mind some of the same. There's a lot of sour grapes in the UK about people who earn large sums of money.

As a nation (thus, this is a generalisation) we don't like anyone who has done well for themselves, regardless of what profession they chose..

Indeed.  It is all jealousy, jealousy, jealousy! ::) ::) ::)

If people can attract those incomes in this hard, cruel, world so be it.  Good luck to them ;)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 20 July 2017, 17:13:11 »

>:( Jeremy Vine aka pious C**t , 700k- that sticks in the craw just a tad  >:( 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 20 July 2017, 17:48:16 »

>:( Jeremy Vine aka pious C**t , 700k- that sticks in the craw just a tad  >:(

Clit is not a rude word......no need for C**t. :)

Lincs Robert

« Reply #52 on: 20 July 2017, 17:53:15 »

O know how the system works. I'm just saying its very obviously wrong, and nothing thats been said on here has changed my opinion in the slightest.
The licence fee as it stands is a tax on watching your own tv, and is used to fund the BBC. I don't see how anyone can argue that this is a fair and just system of funding the BBC. I avoid the BBC like the plague and deeply resent having to effectively subsidise other people who for some unfathomable reason want to watch it.

I disagree with you & don't think there is another way of funding it. I happen to like it the way it is actually.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 20 July 2017, 18:04:03 »

Evans has managed to convince someone that his time is worth £2.2m p.a. Good for him, I wouldn't mind some of the same. There's a lot of sour grapes in the UK about people who earn large sums of money.

As a nation (thus, this is a generalisation) we don't like anyone who has done well for themselves, regardless of what profession they chose..

Indeed.  It is all jealousy, jealousy, jealousy! ::) ::) ::)

If people can attract those incomes in this hard, cruel, world so be it.  Good luck to them ;)

I would fully agree with all of the above, if it wasn't my money they were being paid. Money which I don't want to pay, and don't believe I should have to pay, but it is a criminal offence for me not to pay it. Its legalised extortion.
It is said to be market forces, but I cant see any other radio station in the UK paying the ginger t wat over 2 million quid a year.
I doubt any radio stations outside of the Beeb could afford to.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 20 July 2017, 18:08:23 »

O know how the system works. I'm just saying its very obviously wrong, and nothing thats been said on here has changed my opinion in the slightest.
The licence fee as it stands is a tax on watching your own tv, and is used to fund the BBC. I don't see how anyone can argue that this is a fair and just system of funding the BBC. I avoid the BBC like the plague and deeply resent having to effectively subsidise other people who for some unfathomable reason want to watch it.

I disagree with you & don't think there is another way of funding it. I happen to like it the way it is actually.

Alternative methods of funding it are very simple. Pay per view, or float it on the stock market. As its the jewel in the crown In the world of broadcasting, it would surely make a fortune. Cant see why it hasn't been done years ago.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 20 July 2017, 19:08:54 »

If Jeremy Whine is funded by me, does that give me the right to repeatedly punch him in the chops, then shoot him?

The fact that "market forces" deem the useless, annoying twonk is worth more than tuppence shows how far down the shitter the country has gone.

The only cure is TB for President.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 20 July 2017, 19:47:50 »

Now now, don't be so jealous.  ;D ;D ::).................. I,ll punch him in the chops, you shoot him.  :y ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 20 July 2017, 19:58:23 »

If Jeremy Whine is funded by me, does that give me the right to repeatedly punch him in the chops, then shoot him?

The fact that "market forces" deem the useless , annoying twonk is worth more than tuppence shows how far down the shitter the country has gone.

The only cure is TB for President.

What tells me that is how many channels are now in existence surviving by pushing out such utter tripe for programmes, and people who pay for Sky and Virgin PAY for much of it!  That I find amazing, but that output just shows how great the BBC is giving us quality programmes, documentaries, drama, and news for just £3 per week. Not even the price of a single pint nowadays!  So what is the problem? :-\ :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 20 July 2017, 20:20:59 »

Read my posts, you will see the problem.  :y :D
SKY is also mostly crap of course, but if you pay them a tenner a week you get hundreds of channels of crap rather than just 3.  ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 20 July 2017, 21:15:36 »

I'm amazed at most of you not giving a shit how public money is squandered at the BBC.  :o  :(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.