Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: discount codes  (Read 1377 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
discount codes
« on: 19 July 2017, 17:22:41 »

europarts & gsf have both got their own discount codes at moment . ecp 35% gsf 54% . I have ordered brake discs & pads for both axles from ECP but also checked on GSF prices using discount codes & there isn't 50p in both prices. why I went for euro c p is because I could see what products I were buying.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: discount codes
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2017, 19:33:32 »

Problem with ECP is they up the RRP when they have a sale on or 35% discount code on, normally works out about 10% cheaper over normal, which you can blag less 33% off your local Motor Factor supplier. :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2017, 20:45:35 »

Ordered some Brembo rear discs and pads for the CC as they need replacing, bought from ECP, I tend to wait until the 35% discounts are around.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2017, 20:57:26 »

seems a load of crap to me.

Bought a headlight online, went to pick it up for the princely sum of £49. wrong one in stock.

tried again pre "special" discount price of £200.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2017, 17:50:25 »

Like DFS and the like, the 50% off price is the only price, the rest is all fiddled to make it seem cheap.

And as anyone who has done any kind of retail sales course will tell you, the British public is one of the most thick globally, so fall for it every time.

In the case of car parts, most factors will undercut ECP "deals" if you pick up the phone, but the younger generation can't, it seems, use those devices.
Grumpy old man

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2017, 19:39:39 »

Like DFS and the like, the 50% off price is the only price, the rest is all fiddled to make it seem cheap.

And as anyone who has done any kind of retail sales course will tell you, the British public is one of the most thick globally, so fall for it every time.

In the case of car parts, most factors will undercut ECP "deals" if you pick up the phone, but the younger generation can't, it seems, use those devices.
  I guess my point was no matter what discount is offered or its an ebay shop they all end up when buying wheel discs & pads they are all about £25 a wheel

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2017, 19:46:50 »

I guess my point was no matter what discount is offered or its an ebay shop they all end up when buying wheel discs & pads they are all about £25 a wheel
Yup ;)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2017, 20:16:29 »

No most factors don't do that... I went to GSF which is far greater distance away than ECP. Refused to match price I had. I did call one in Farnborough, not interested in matching online deals.

Tyres same, drove into an indie with Kuhmo sign outside, spoke to owner who said I'm not matching that black circles price. So went 30s down road instead to Black circles provider. Same with VW's Sport Maxx RT2, not one single place matched online price. Neither by call or visit.

There is also serious shortage of indies around here, but as ECP is 10 min walk away. I go there, even if they are not the cheapest saves driving anywhere else and wasting time....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2017, 20:45:19 »

As this thread shows, GSF follow the same stunts as ECP, and I too have found them (like ECP) to be quite unhelpful, both with pricing (they won't) or finding the correct part.

I was, of course, talking about the independent factors.  Obviously, we have none around these parts, but I work in MK, and frequently all over England, and always find calling them up helps if going for a cheeky discount.  That also allows that unanswered question on all online shops, "do you actually have it in stock at your premises".

I found CAF, local to you, used to be good like that, but have gone down the pan since taken over a year or so ago.

But I always use the phone, and go for the cheeky discount before driving anywhere.  Even from the dealer...  ...which some reasonable results at Jag.

Have a well known VAG parts distributor next door at work, so occasionally pick up VAG stuff from them.  Always ask, and occasionally get, a small discount.

As for tyres, I normally try to get most places to at least match Black Circles. The local Black Circles fitter here is, as I'm sure you know, Tyre Warehouse. And I wouldn't ever let them touch any car of mine ago.  So I normally ring up chunky in town, tell him the Black Circles price, and he will generally call me back a few mins later saying he can match. As do, IME, WIM.

But like threatening to cancel Sky to get a good offer, I'm perfectly prepared to not get what I want and go elsewhere.  Same with breakdown and so on.  Can't do that online.

YMMV, obviously, but I always find its worth the ask sometimes :)

HTH
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.