Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corsa Brake light problem.as in they dont work?  (Read 2064 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Corsa Brake light problem.as in they dont work?
« on: 19 November 2017, 19:55:41 »

Corsa 2005, C I think.

Checked Bulbs ok (upper led one doesn't work either), checked volts on bulb holders, nothing, checked earth on bulb clusters, ok, checked fuse, ok, checked fuse for volts on fuse holder, nothing, did a Peddle Trick (to check the Brake peddle switch), that works fine, stops giving codes when brake peddle is released.

Any ideas? Relay somewhere? something Im missing, any weird about these Corsa's, poss still could be Brake Peddle switch if its a multi wire type?.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: Corsa Brake light problem.as in they dont work?
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2017, 21:02:54 »

I'd be checking that wiring where the boot lid shuts  :y

Just peel back the rubber protector with a Stanly
RIP Paul Lovejoy

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2017, 21:19:54 »

I'd be checking that wiring where the boot lid shuts  :y

Just peel back the rubber protector with a Stanly
Thanks webby but the light clusters are fitted to the body, not the boot/tailgate,  ;) but I like your thinking.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2017, 21:50:20 »

Corsa 2005, C I think.

Checked Bulbs ok (upper led one doesn't work either), checked volts on bulb holders, nothing, checked earth on bulb clusters, ok, checked fuse, ok, checked fuse for volts on fuse holder, nothing, did a Peddle Trick (to check the Brake peddle switch), that works fine, stops giving codes when brake peddle is released.

Any ideas? Relay somewhere? something Im missing, any weird about these Corsa's, poss still could be Brake Peddle switch if its a multi wire type?.

Brake pedal switches normally have two pairs of contacts in them .... normally open for the brake lights & normally closed for other things e.g. cruise etc.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2017, 21:58:45 »

Corsa 2005, C I think.

Brake pedal switches normally have two pairs of contacts in them .... normally open for the brake lights & normally closed for other things e.g. cruise etc.
Yea, was kinda thinking that afterwards, well check it in the morning, Cheers Andy.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2017, 07:27:49 »

Ah right sorry mate.  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2017, 08:39:59 »

Brake pedal switch is the most likely culprit (I assume the front lights are working as its the same fuse).

Pop the connector off the switch and bridge the two contacts to see if the lights come on.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 November 2017, 17:27:03 »

Brake pedal switch is the most likely culprit (I assume the front lights are working as its the same fuse).

Pop the connector off the switch and bridge the two contacts to see if the lights come on.
Well had a quick look (attempted) at the Peddle Switch today, coudn't get the thing out, ended up upside down with my head trapped under the clutch peddle, all 6' 2" of me with one leg hanging out the window, the other wrapped around the rear view mirror, with a LED Torch on full chat about 2 cm from my left pupil, could get the thing out, or the connector plug off, there's obviously a trick to it.

I mean the Corsa's are bad enough trying to get in and out to drive the things, let alone to trying to do indoor acrobatics in them, it was about school chucking out time, so not sure what folk must have thought walking past the car, but I remember at one point hearing a little boy say, "Mum, wots that man doing?", Mum, "never mind just keep walking"  ;D ;D

« Last Edit: 20 November 2017, 17:28:45 by zirk »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 November 2017, 17:55:33 »

Well had a quick look (attempted) at the Peddle Switch today, coudn't get the thing out, ended up upside down with my head trapped under the clutch peddle, all 6' 2" of me with one leg hanging out the window, the other wrapped around the rear view mirror, with a LED Torch on full chat about 2 cm from my left pupil, could get the thing out, or the connector plug off, there's obviously a trick to it.

I mean the Corsa's are bad enough trying to get in and out to drive the things, let alone to trying to do indoor acrobatics in them, it was about school chucking out time, so not sure what folk must have thought walking past the car, but I remember at one point hearing a little boy say, "Mum, wots that man doing?", Mum, "never mind just keep walking"  ;D ;D

You want to try repairing wiring to the brake pedal switch of a Smart Roadster  :D Easiest done with seat removed.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 November 2017, 18:16:26 »

You want to try repairing wiring to the brake pedal switch of a Smart Roadster  :D Easiest done with seat removed.
Yea but your ok up there, you not far from them little Diddy men in Knotty Ash  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 November 2017, 19:16:07 »

Yea but your ok up there, you not far from them little Diddy men in Knotty Ash  ;D
They'd have just nicked the car  ::)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 November 2017, 20:48:10 »

;D ;D ;D ;D

In other words....pull the thin white pin out a little enough to be able to pull the white sleeve out aswell.. then squeeze the two black tabs in(can be seen on pic 1) and then remove switch while standing on your head  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 20 November 2017, 20:58:23 by Steve B »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 November 2017, 21:15:14 »

Excellent Steve, I can see now why it wouldn't come out now, the white thing is stopping the clips from being pushed in to  release it,  :y

So much more clearer than the info on Google, which was telling me to rotate the switch 90 degrees then pull out, after 10 mins of fuffing around with that one, thought, nah, different Corsa  >:(

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 November 2017, 07:59:34 »

Its MUCH easier than that, buy a new one and hack saw through the old one  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #14 on: 21 November 2017, 09:22:52 »

Its MUCH easier than that, buy a new one and hack saw through the old one  :y

;D ;D ;D

It's a Corsa - push it off a cliff and buy a new one, easier still!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.