Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance question  (Read 1304 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Insurance question
« on: 21 November 2017, 18:59:17 »

Thinking of putting mileage limit on next years policy, due in Jan. What happens if you get 10months into the year and you reach your policy limit? Or even go over it.  :-\  Advise please chaps. :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance question
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2017, 19:09:28 »

I suppose you would[at least technically]be uninsured when you pass the limit.It would I suppose depend on how closely the insurance company check the mileage history from M.o.T.'s and of course if you have an accident or not when you've exceeded the limit.Both my Omega and V70 are on such policies and all I did was figure out roughly the mileage I'd cover in each per year and add some on for some leeway.So far I've never hit the mileage limit[even subtracting the "leeway" amount]on either car.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2017, 19:34:40 »

IME, it doesn't make a huge difference in cost (say between 15000 and 20000), so is it worth it?
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2017, 19:52:40 »

If it's a true limited mileage policy, the policy resorts to 3rd party risks only beyond the agreed mileage. I suppose there's also the possibility that the insurer would chase you for that if they had to pay out, too.

If you've just estimated your annual mileage, maybe not so bad but worth phoning them to be safe.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2017, 06:44:15 »

I would guess it depends how far over you go, they can apparently check your mileage on the MOT data base.
The one thing you don’t want is for them to tell you your no longer insured or any possible claim is rejected on the grounds of mileage
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2017, 06:52:35 »

Thinking of putting mileage limit on next years policy, due in Jan. What happens if you get 10months into the year and you reach your policy limit? Or even go over it.  :-\  Advise please chaps. :y
If you’re worried, don’t do it. It really won’t save you much. Same as no claims bonus, once you get to a certain amount of years you have reached max saving. Aviva tell me it’s five years with them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.