Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Jaguar XF  (Read 10893 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Jaguar XF
« Reply #15 on: 22 September 2019, 18:09:45 »

This is tempting for the money....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906239317726?atmobcid=soc4
Thought I thought you were after a V8 petrol. Not a V6 tractor

:-\

That caught my eye, still also like that XJ posted as well. I can hardly deploy full power of 3.2 on my commute so V8 would be a bit wasted. But still considering options.
A 2l tractor XF will probably have nearly the same power as a 3.2 Omega, if the opens up cheaper options (though I think at that age, the 4 pot diesels are a bit wheezy)

The 3l petrols from that era might be cost effective (not looked lately) as well.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 September 2019, 18:12:26 »

That caught my eye, still also like that XJ posted as well. I can hardly deploy full power of 3.2 on my commute so V8 would be a bit wasted. But still considering options.
A 2l tractor XF will probably have nearly the same power as a 3.2 Omega, if the opens up cheaper options (though I think at that age, the 4 pot diesels are a bit wheezy)

The 3l petrols from that era might be cost effective (not looked lately) as well.

If I went XF 4 pot diesel, it would be the later 2.0 engines. In the x260 shape around 2016 era.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 September 2019, 18:34:06 »

If I went XF 4 pot diesel, it would be the later 2.0 engines. In the x260 shape around 2016 era.

Perhaps the very slightly smaller XE could be a consideration. :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 September 2019, 18:35:24 »

Not a fan of the back end looks of it, personally. I think XF is a better looking car

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 September 2019, 18:37:44 »

Not a fan of the back end looks of it, personally. I think XF is a better looking car

Looks are subjective but I find it hard to tell an XE from an XF.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 September 2019, 19:47:38 »

My son has one, eight speed box and goes very well, unbelievable on fuel returning 46 to 50mpg on a run without driving like miss daisy. The have a couple of faults one being they often crack inlet manifolds (especially if they’ve been remapped :D) but a lovely ride with all the toys and looks to match and a sure bargain at that price.  Timing belt change at 105,000 or 10 years, mind you would be braver than me to take a chance!
Laying a rubber road.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 September 2019, 19:50:03 »

Looks are subjective but I find it hard to tell an XE from an XF.

Front yes, not from back though!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 September 2019, 19:50:15 »

My son has one, eight speed box and goes very well, unbelievable on fuel returning 46 to 50mpg on a run without driving like miss daisy. The have a couple of faults one being they often crack inlet manifolds (especially if they’ve been remapped :D) but a lovely ride with all the toys and looks to match and a sure bargain at that price.  Timing belt change at 105,000 or 10 years, mind you would be braver than me to take a chance!

Thanks.  :y

What age/spec?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 September 2019, 20:10:14 »

Can you fit three child seats in it?
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 September 2019, 20:14:48 »

It’s a 2011 facelift XF 3.0. V6 diesel portfolio beautiful car.
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 September 2019, 20:17:47 »

Methinks his fuel computer is telling porkies, as no way will he get that sort of MPG unless driving everywhere at 50mpg.

My XJ - same engine, same weight - averages 32.5mpg over several tankfuls. Manually calculated, as the fuel computer is worse than a cheap watch.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 September 2019, 20:19:51 »

Methinks his fuel computer is telling porkies, as no way will he get that sort of MPG unless driving everywhere at 50mpg.

My XJ - same engine, same weight - averages 32.5mpg over several tankfuls. Manually calculated, as the fuel computer is worse than a cheap watch.

Rarely agree with you, but on this occasion we are aligned.

I would be expecting low to mid 30’s at best from V6 diesel, mid 40’s with 2.0 latest XF.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 September 2019, 20:28:58 »

Rarely agree with you, but on this occasion we are aligned.

I would be expecting low to mid 30’s at best from V6 diesel, mid 40’s with 2.0 latest XF.
I suspect you will achieve better than me, given your style and your commute.  If I keep mine on the motorway and at 70mph, I reckon I'm in the genuine mid/high 30s. Cant prove it, as life is too short to do that over a whole tank.  I was doing well on this tank, but all ruined on my dash of mercy to get Mrs TB off the hard shoulder, and middle lane hoggers getting in my way, causing heavy braking and hard acceleration.

General consensus from those that have bothered checking (most owners don't, as Jaguar would never tell porkies, and the dealers are the best people to service/fix the car, because they make nice coffee) is Jags from that era over read by 10-15% at least
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 September 2019, 20:36:44 »

Just asked him he gets 50mpg sometimes, and he doesn’t crawl in it. I made a slight mistake on the car, it is a 2012, 3.0 diesel portfolio S. And does 75mph at 1200rpm in eighth.
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 September 2019, 20:40:02 »

He loves his car and when I told him his mpg was being questioned this was his response

Right let's have a bet then tomorrow I will be driving 350 ish miles I will reset when I leave my house and video the reset and video the trip computer reset then when I finish up at carlisle we will see what average I've got
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.