Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance, ANPR. I think I might be sick  (Read 4820 times)

Crazycarzowner

Re: Insurance, ANPR. I think I might be sick
« Reply #15 on: 22 November 2015, 16:28:14 »

Zirk I don't get where ya coming from???

What fine will DVLA give you???

DVLA only give out fines for no Tax as far as I'm aware, they can't give fines for no insurance as it is an endorsable offence (i.e. points on your license).

There's no way that they can match up tax data vs MID data because MID doesn't take into consideration fleet policies / traders / etc. where one policy lists 'any vehicle in the policyholders posession'.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 November 2015, 17:43:14 »

Zirk I don't get where ya coming from???

What fine will DVLA give you???

DVLA only give out fines for no Tax as far as I'm aware, they can't give fines for no insurance as it is an endorsable offence (i.e. points on your license).

There's no way that they can match up tax data vs MID data because MID doesn't take into consideration fleet policies / traders / etc. where one policy lists 'any vehicle in the policyholders posession'.
Its not a fine for say 'driving without Insurance' its a fine for not having Insurance in place whilst the vehicle is Taxed (the info is grabbed from the MID and DVLA vehicle tax records).

It come into force a few years back and is part  of the Tax it or Sorn it policy, from memory its called something like Continuous Insurance Enforcement.

The vehicle could be parked up on Private Property, Off Road etc, but if its Taxed it needs to be Insured other wise it gets picked up on the system (eventually) and a fine gets issued to the RK. Only exception is if the vehicle is Sorn'd or registered as 'in the trade'.

EDIT, here you go - https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-insurance/uninsured-vehicles
« Last Edit: 22 November 2015, 17:53:39 by zirk »

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #17 on: 22 November 2015, 18:07:41 »

Don't see how that can be enforced accurately, as like I say company, fleet & traders never show on MID and its always out of date, (well it is when I ring em up  ::) ::) ::) ) i know Aviva have recently had problems, Admiral multi-car sometimes doesn't show up additional cars, and one insurer who has recently been taken over doesn't have any policys showing on MID. That and countless numbers of cock-ups by insurers putting wrong digits down it'll be a minefield. I'd be surprised if it 50% accurate.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 November 2015, 18:10:04 »

Oh Crikey. and it cost £70 extra to renew over the phone.  :'(

I have just had a look at that link and our car is showing as insured on MID so it was updated pretty quickly.

If you don't hear anymore assume we were lucky. If we are unlucky I will let you know and by how much! ::)
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 22 November 2015, 18:13:00 »

Don't see how that can be enforced accurately, as like I say company, fleet & traders never show on MID and its always out of date, (well it is when I ring em up  ::) ::) ::) ) i know Aviva have recently had problems, Admiral multi-car sometimes doesn't show up additional cars, and one insurer who has recently been taken over doesn't have any policys showing on MID. That and countless numbers of cock-ups by insurers putting wrong digits down it'll be a minefield. I'd be surprised if it 50% accurate.
So..if ANPR is linked to MID, and you admit that MID is shite, then 50% of the motorists you tug could well be perfectly legal, but if they can't prove that, you take their car?

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #20 on: 22 November 2015, 18:29:32 »

So..if ANPR is linked to MID, and you admit that MID is shite, then 50% of the motorists you tug could well be perfectly legal, but if they can't prove that, you take their car?

Nope because we ring their insurer  :y :y :y

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 22 November 2015, 18:37:20 »

Are these phone lines really manned 24/7, even over the holidays?

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #22 on: 22 November 2015, 18:41:50 »

Nope!

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 22 November 2015, 18:44:38 »

Nope!
Then I wanna speak to the Chief Constable. Have you got his number handy?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 November 2015, 18:51:07 »

Out of interest Jasonm, how many times do or have you come across a 'Blocked File' when looking up vehicle index's

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #25 on: 22 November 2015, 18:57:46 »

Nope!
Then I wanna speak to the Chief Constable. Have you got his number handy?

999  ;D ;D ;D

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #26 on: 22 November 2015, 19:00:03 »

Out of interest Jasonm, how many times do or have you come across a 'Blocked File' when looking up vehicle index's

Not very often
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.