Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone in 'the trade' can give a valuation?  (Read 4353 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Anyone in 'the trade' can give a valuation?
« on: 24 November 2015, 10:38:31 »

Right, further to my little incident a number of weeks ago (Insignia drove into me) I'm just trying to get a half decent amount of cash out of the insurance company which will at least cover the cost of the paint and labour for the repairs, let alone the cost of panels. (they're now sorted from a donor Omega)

I've been advised my my Insurance to put together a 'pack' of similar vehicles to show the true value of my car. Not easy, there's haven't been any similar omegas for sale in the last 6 weeks, plenty of facelifts, but nothing PFL that isn't just a ropey old dog that hasn't seen an oil change for 5 years. I've made this point and so been advised I need one of the following....

-A PFL Omega with plenty of maintenance to appear for sale

-someone to be able to offer me a 'what we would sell this car for when repaired/before the shunt' kind of valuation.

I've just a minute ago received a pestering text telling me to accept the offer they've made. So, if anyone can help with either of the above request it would be wonderful if I could have a car again for Christmas!  :'(
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone in 'the trade' can give a valuation?
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2015, 11:37:31 »

Is it worth trying to contact joshwyatt ?? He ran a car business as well as being a member of the forum and is a very nice guy as well. Even if he can't help you directly he might know someone in the trade who can ??

He's not on often so you might have to ask for someone to let him know you're trying to reach him, I believe several members are still in contact with him on a regular basis.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3352

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2015, 12:05:13 »

Cheers. There's a link to his car business on his profile, checked out the site, will give him a bell in my dinner

Getting a bit of pressure from family to just accept the claim, now. I'm in two minds.  :(

Received this...

"Many thanks for your reply.

We received a PAV from our Engineers, when I was told you were not happy with it, I got a second opinion from another Engineer.  I then escalated this higher to the Engineer Operations Manager, and they all agree on the PAV that we offered you.

The Engineer Operations Manager has in fact found some examples, which are younger and with lower mileage, they are up for £550,£490 and £295.

Thank you for offering to send in examples, but we don’t need these as the PAV we have offered you, is as high as we can go.  If you are not happy with this, this will have to go to our Complaints Department.

Kind regards"

I suspect this is the end of the road. Or is there any point pursuing further?  :'(
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

ted_one

« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2015, 12:14:47 »

Chiseling scumbags >:(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2015, 12:17:49 »

Fact of life with Omega's is you can now pick them up for £1.50 with a free Snickers Bar.

I think I'd count myself lucky if I was offered £550 if my 2.2 was written off  :'(

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2015, 13:14:35 »

Well, as per above, I think best bet is to just go with it; on the philosophy that 'it could be worse'

I've looked into the 'complaints dept' and it basically sounds like a drumhead trial. It's already decided before you go in. The only example where a claim was upheld was someone paying £18k for a car, a couple of weeks later it got nicked, the insurance offered £15k. After a moan, the owner was offered the full amount they paid for the car in the first place. 'small claims' like mine, or indeed anyone arguing that their car is worth more than the book price, for whatever reason is effectively Mr Joe Bloggs saying he knows more about car values than Mr Glass's Guide. SO they're going to side with Mr Glass's.

OH edit: Just got an email back as I was typing this. I'm getting....

£90 and then claim the (£500) excess back 'at a later date' so long as the Third Party Insurer accepts liability!!! So after all this at least there's a cheque coming my way for £590..wrong!... £90, and more legal pissarsing about for the bulk of it!  :'( :'(

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2015, 14:01:13 »

I really don't understand why the third party haven't already settled directly... :-\

Unless you haven't approached them... no excess or anything... simply 'Sorry our client cannot drive, here's X amount for your trouble'

At least that's how I have found it to be... as long as there's no injury issues ;)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2015, 14:12:23 »

Rang the third party's Insurance, they said because it's already being handled with/via my insurance ( ??? ) they can't comment on, or do anything about it.

No idea if that was some bizarre fobbing off thing, or not.

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2015, 14:15:40 »

Rang the third party's Insurance, they said because it's already being handled with/via my insurance ( ??? ) they can't comment on, or do anything about it.

No idea if that was some bizarre fobbing off thing, or not.
Name both insurers, but sounds like excuses...

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2015, 14:33:36 »

He's with Swinton, and I'm on The Insurance Line which is a partnership between Swinton and Aviva. Not entirely sure whether I'm with the 'swinton' or the 'aviva' side, or if indeed there's a third 'The Insurance Line' building with staff with phones who deal with things, as it were.

I've been told a mix of things from 'sorry, we [Aviva/Swinton] can't help you, you need to speak to The Insurance Line, as they're your broker' to.. .'sorry, we [TIL] are just the broker, you need to speak to Swinton/Aviva' and everywhere in between.  :(

Might give Swinton another ring, and ask them again. Might have been fobbed off, as you say.

I think, theoretically, I can cancel my claim with 'my' insurers (whoever they actually are, they don't even seem to know!) and make a new claim with Swinton... downside is... what if Swinton offer me £300, I was better off with the other offer. Christ, this is unbelievably and unnecessarily complicated. No-one apart from OOF seem to give a straight answer!

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 November 2015, 14:51:54 »

Aaaaand finally the oh so very useful...

"I am no longer dealing with this.  All the notes clearly state that the engineer had told you about the excess.

When you took out the policy it clearly states on the documentation about the policy excess, and is something you should read before accepting the policy.

However in your case, you don’t have to pay this, because your vehicle is a total loss, because it will be deducted from your PAV.  As I stated before, should the third party insurance company accept liability, this can easily be recovered either through legal cover if you have this with your Broker, and if not, you can contact the third party insurance company direct yourself.  They are Covea Insurance.

I am sorry but I can be of no further assistance to you, and as previously advised if you are not happy this would have to go to complaints.

Kind regards"

I am perhaps being very thick, but I have literally no clue what to do or where I am now. I've been told 'accept this, now, it's your last offer' I relent, and say 'ok, tell me what I am accepting and I'll accept'. I seem to not get any real answer and get told to sod off. ???

« Last Edit: 24 November 2015, 14:55:10 by Diamond Black Geezer »

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 24 November 2015, 15:01:17 »

They have given you free choice to contact the third party direct, so I would suggest doing so...

https://www.coveainsurance.co.uk/claims/personal_product_claims/Motorist-and-MotorSure.aspx

This is only as complicated as you make it... but moral of the story being this: Only deal with your insurer if you might be at fault.

I would be changing insurers though as anything related to Swinton is going to end in tears.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 November 2015, 15:05:39 »

Trust me, I will be moving!

In fact as of next renewal (Apriltime, iirc) I was going to be sorting an agreed valuation, possibly on classic insurance, anyway. All I had to do was sort the back arches, and not get driven into for the next 6 months...  ::)

My head's cleared a bit now.  :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 November 2015, 16:53:39 »

I,ve had both and bad service regarding Swinton, the last one being the bad. As we all know insurance is fine, until you need to claim, then it can become a bit of a nightmare, especially if you have older , lower value car. The guy who wrote mine off (left his handbrake off), had a newish Astra and his claim was dealt with speedily. Mine, I ended up jumping through various sizes of hoops. The payout on mine was £830 with me keeping it. Hope you get it sorted asap as it seems that the world is conspiring against you at times. DLTBGYD. :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 November 2015, 16:59:52 »

Thanks ronnyd  :y

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.