Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing homemade cd's on car cd player?  (Read 7753 times)

cbs2

• Intermediate Member
  • East Kilbride
  • Right....Fire Up The Quattro!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Playing homemade cd's on car cd player?
« Reply #45 on: 15 February 2008, 19:32:08 »

Just bought a Harmon Kardon Drive & play. Only bought it as it was the only one I could see that let the ipod be hidden away during use.

To be honest, the sound without it being plugged into the ariel ain't great, but connected to the ariel connector its alot better.

I have two (very picky) gripes with it though. I've changed the dash to blue leds. the HK button lights up blue, but the screen is white :(
And the size of the control button.

My handy tip of the day. If you fit one of these, remove the trafficmaster button & fit the controller over the hole. Drill two holes either side of the existing hole to mount the controller. if you take it back out, the traffic master button should hide the screw holes
Taking part in the 2010 sucata split charity banger run. www.sucatasplit.com
www.boozebrothers2010.co.uk
Ex-mig owner................For now

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 15 February 2008, 20:28:05 »

Does the Drive & Play output the audio signals or are you restricted to using the FM output?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15 February 2008, 20:29:13 »

Scratch that. Just Please read the manual and it does :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16 February 2008, 07:46:20 »

They do appear to be a lot of leads for ipod that just enable you to connect up the ipod (electrically) in place of CD Changer, allowing head unit controls (and steering wheel controls) to control the ipod.  The ones I've seen, you create 6 (or 10) playlists on the ipod, and these become the 'CDs' as far as the headunit is concerned.

So just to check here; If I'm running a facelift Elite which has the standard head unit & 4 disc changer and have a CID in the dash (soon  :y) then would this mean that there is a solution which allows, with an iPod, the track names to be accessed through the steering wheel and head unit controls and show up on the CID as they were playing?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16 February 2008, 08:59:46 »

They do appear to be a lot of leads for ipod that just enable you to connect up the ipod (electrically) in place of CD Changer, allowing head unit controls (and steering wheel controls) to control the ipod.  The ones I've seen, you create 6 (or 10) playlists on the ipod, and these become the 'CDs' as far as the headunit is concerned.

So just to check here; If I'm running a facelift Elite which has the standard head unit & 4 disc changer and have a CID in the dash (soon  :y) then would this mean that there is a solution which allows, with an iPod, the track names to be accessed through the steering wheel and head unit controls and show up on the CID as they were playing?
You would need to check if there was an ipod interface adapter available for ncdc201x stereo, and the functionality it offers.

The adapters I've seend dont show track names, just the 'track number' and 'cd number' (playlist) - remember, its emulating a cd changer.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2008, 09:01:24 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

jemis

• Teesside
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 24 February 2008, 14:01:23 »

Anybody having problems playing cdr discs in your player try buying audio specific cdr's instead of data disc's.
We had this problem in my wifes Merc C220cdi and done some research into it as I thought the player was U/S. It turns out it was designed not to play cdr's but copies on audio discs seem to play ok.
They are a little more expensive as they are brand names like sony or tdk etc instead of tesco's.

Road Hog Mad

• Intermediate Member
  • Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 20 March 2011, 19:15:27 »

Suppose the only was around this is to have a USB drive on your CD player :D

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #52 on: 21 March 2011, 09:05:36 »

Anybody having problems playing cdr discs in your player try buying audio specific cdr's instead of data disc's.
We had this problem in my wifes Merc C220cdi and done some research into it as I thought the player was U/S. It turns out it was designed not to play cdr's but copies on audio discs seem to play ok.
They are a little more expensive as they are brand names like sony or tdk etc instead of tesco's.

No.

Have a read of this

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1300229193
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.