Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miggy on hold  (Read 652 times)

Omegafantasy

• Oslo, Norway
    • View Profile
Miggy on hold
« on: 05 November 2010, 22:42:06 »

Evenin' folks  :)

After a LOT of struggle with my miggy, I will tear it down and do a good ol' rebuild of just about everything, then probably sell it. Reason being: I've bought a new car  :D

Had many thoughts about this, and couldn't quite imagine myself driving a wrong wheel drive again (tried Vectras, Saabs, Volvos, Audis and so on). It just had to be a BMW to even be comparable to the Omega.

A friend of mine (who is a mechanic, running a rather large workshop) sold his 2003 525dA touring for a reasonable price (probably 5 times the UK price anyway). It has quite a few miles on the clock though (126k), but it's been taken care of like it was his baby. Oh boy it's a machine! Silent, refined, fast like lightning compared to my 2.6, fuel consumption is wicked if I don't floor it every chance (54mpg driving to work! (20mpg in my Omega)).

Now I just have to pray for not getting any troubles with swirl flaps or a runaway diesel due to turbo failure :-/

At least the miggy will get a new renewed life after this winter. Think I will rebuild my 2.5 (cambelt failure) and fix all the small problems then sell it to a nice caring person.

BTW: Anyone have a good tip for car stereo upgrades on this one? It's currently equipped with the 16:9 mk3 navi, no DSP. What I want is USB input, integrated bluetooth and most of all NOT lose any of the standard OBC features.. Don't tell me about iPod connections (I'll never buy any Apple product, period).
1995 Omega 2.6 V6 Estate ("fresh" engine) Drives like a 2-litre. Grr! Gettin' dusted by a 1.8 auto Cav..
1991 Omega 3000-24v (major rust job)
(Interested in buying Vauxhall emblems/grille for my V6)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 21 queries.