Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PIN2 code  (Read 504 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
PIN2 code
« on: 15 September 2013, 17:30:09 »

.... on a mobile phone. What's it for? I don't want/need to change anything, I was just curious after I applied a start up PIN to my phone/SIM after putting replacement SIM in it (I drowned the old one) and just wondered what PIN2 was for  :-\  :-\

Taxi_Driver

Re: PIN2 code
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2013, 17:56:27 »

I believe PIN2 code is for locking the phone down dependant on network .....ie restricting certain calls / call barring etc. You have to enter the PIN2 code to lift the restriction.

If you set one, never forget it, as unlike a PIN1 code, where you just have to request a PUK1 code from your network and is quick in supplying it, a PUK2 code can take days to get....

Personally i would just set the password on your phone and not use PIN1 or PIN2 codes  :y

PIN1 and PIN2 codes are associated with the SIM not the phone.....So if you set a password instead on the phone and forget the password, you can put the SIM in another phone and away you go. You cannot do this with PIN1 password  ;)
« Last Edit: 15 September 2013, 18:02:27 by Taxi Driver »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: PIN2 code
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2013, 18:55:18 »

Personally i would just set the password on your phone and not use PIN1 or PIN2 codes  :y

PIN1 and PIN2 codes are associated with the SIM not the phone.....So if you set a password instead on the phone and forget the password, you can put the SIM in another phone and away you go. You cannot do this with PIN1 password  ;)

Thanks
I've just set PIN  code request & changed it from the default 0000 ...... I know I'll remember the code  :y  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.