Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Long Trip  (Read 2600 times)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Long Trip
« Reply #15 on: 20 August 2006, 16:33:44 »

If you have ever seen a lead wheel-balancing weight at the side of the road then you know that they do come off sometimes... And that goes for both the traditional hammer-on weights, as wheel as the modern alloy-wheels stick-on weights. So it is also possible that there was nothing wrong with the original balancing, you may have simply lost a weight...
Alas, no more Omegas....

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 August 2006, 16:39:01 »

Incidentally, for some reason many independent fitters don’t seem to balance the rear wheels as they say it’s ‘not needed’ (though I must say that this never happened to me at national-chain type fitters).

Well the difference between the front wheels and rear wheels balancing is that the with front ones you feel the vibration through the steering wheel, while the rear ones you don’t… but the damage to the tyre thread and potentially bearing and other suspension components is just the same front and rear. All four wheels (and the spare!) need to be balanced on the car.

However, rather then starting an argument with self appointed professionals, I usually simply say that I intend to rotate the tyres back-to-front every 5k miles so will need all four balanced

Alas, no more Omegas....

STMO123

« Reply #17 on: 20 August 2006, 19:33:12 »

Mines exactly the same--at exactly the same speed, but stops at about 90
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.