Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Radiator Problems  (Read 5688 times)

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Re: Radiator Problems
« Reply #15 on: 09 August 2006, 08:53:09 »

I know I have said Gen Vx would be the way to go but I have just been searching online and found a website that does Radiators for my Omega for £93.03 ideally I need to get it done ASAP

Here is the site www.adrad.co.uk has anyone ever used these people before, all the part numbers start with GM could they possibly be original units or equivalent, I personally think equivalent and at those prices.

I was thinking perhaps get one as a temp fix as the MOT is coming up then change afterwards when I am abit more flush.

Would this site be a good one to use, has anyone had any dealings with them before.

Just emailed there sales department so shall see what they have to say.
« Last Edit: 09 August 2006, 08:57:40 by nixoro »

R-PAC

• lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 August 2006, 09:41:23 »

we had a leak on our V6 that we could not find anywhere (was losing about half inch a week)
took it to local independent vauxhall garage, they did pressure test and found the leak was inside the v, said it was a small washer and was not worth a strip down to do it due to cost.
they dropped a "resin s**t stick" (there words not mine) in the water bottle and the leak stopped withing days and we have had no problem with it in the past 2 months.
they told us that the resin stick is a genuine vauxhall part complete with vauxhall parts number.

Jeff
« Last Edit: 09 August 2006, 10:16:28 by R-PAC »

R-PAC

• lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 August 2006, 09:45:40 »

forgot the best bit,
the test and resin stick only cost £5 donation to the tea fund

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 August 2006, 09:52:36 »

Cheers R-PAC

I cant say I have heard of a resin stick trouble is its definately the rad trickling so I know whats causing it question is would the stick do the job on the crack.

R-PAC

• lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 August 2006, 10:23:34 »

i had not heard of it either before this, if you can get hold of one its cheap enough to give a try, could buy you time to shop round for a new rad

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 August 2006, 10:32:27 »

I might just call into Vx on the way home, has anyone got a way of finding out the proper part number for this stick.

Cheers
Roy

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 August 2006, 10:47:20 »

I know I have said Gen Vx would be the way to go but I have just been searching online and found a website that does Radiators for my Omega for £93.03 ideally I need to get it done ASAP

Here is the site www.adrad.co.uk has anyone ever used these people before, all the part numbers start with GM could they possibly be original units or equivalent, I personally think equivalent and at those prices.

Just emailed there sales department so shall see what they have to say.

In response to this earlier post i have just received an email stating they supply O.E standard equipment and would be able to do next day delivery, not sure whether this is a good deal or not all in with delivery + Vat I have been told it works out at £121.06, still following up a few other sources but may come back to this one.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 August 2006, 12:11:20 »

Can anyone confirm for me whether the AC will be effected when I remove my Radiator only sods law I have only just had it regassed and the last thing I need is to get it re done.

Everywhere I have gone for quotes etc, I have been asked whether it has AC manual/auto, surely there wouldn't be a big difference.

M-Tek Performance

• Intermediate Member
  • Hull
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 August 2006, 13:28:04 »

Automatic radiator is different to the manual - it has extra pipes going to it.

the reason for asking about air con i would guess is possibly for mounting points??

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 August 2006, 14:26:59 »

Automatic radiator is different to the manual - it has extra pipes going to it.

the reason for asking about air con i would guess is possibly for mounting points??

Cheers M-Tek Performance

Makes sense when you say about the mounting points  :)
« Last Edit: 09 August 2006, 14:27:29 by nixoro »

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 August 2006, 22:41:21 »

You can change the engine radiator without disturbing the AC system.

I got a brand new in box genuine GM radiator off e-bay last year for £55 delivered.  Lucky me!!  It was for an auto (while mine is manual) and all I needed to do was leave the bungs in the holes for the auto fluid pipes.  Engine runs a tad warm (95 - 100) but nothing the fans cant cope with.  Not sure if this is to do with the rad or not.  Suspect not.

HtH

Broocie

Liam

• Intermediate Member
  • Da Ghetto, Kempston Rural, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 August 2006, 00:09:07 »

Not too far from you - maybe try Kempston Radiators in, well, Kempston.  I've used them in the past and they're nice and cheap.  Have you considered asking about getting your existing rad re-cored rather than buying a whole new one - could save a load of squids.

Liam

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 August 2006, 08:05:30 »

Not too far from you - maybe try Kempston Radiators in, well, Kempston.  I've used them in the past and they're nice and cheap.  Have you considered asking about getting your existing rad re-cored rather than buying a whole new one - could save a load of squids.

Liam

Liam I cant say I have heard of kempston radiators before may give them ago, when you say get my current one re-cored will it have a new plastic cover fitted only the crack is at the top of the plastic section, well not so bothered about the cover just need to get the leak gone now.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 August 2006, 08:08:16 »

You can change the engine radiator without disturbing the AC system.

I got a brand new in box genuine GM radiator off e-bay last year for £55 delivered.  Lucky me!!  It was for an auto (while mine is manual) and all I needed to do was leave the bungs in the holes for the auto fluid pipes.  Engine runs a tad warm (95 - 100) but nothing the fans cant cope with.  Not sure if this is to do with the rad or not.  Suspect not.

HtH

Broocie

Broocie

I have to say for £55 thats jammy, wish my luck was as good as yours, I have spoken to someone with regards an auto rad but if I can get a manual rad I would feel alot happier.

mr des

• limerick, ireland
  • Doh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 August 2006, 16:39:56 »

have you looked at ont for a 2l vectra as im pretty sure mine has a 2nd veccy one in it when i bought it
i want to shine in the eye of orion but i drove my sole through the black hole
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.