Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless thermostat  (Read 1680 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Wireless thermostat
« on: 08 August 2017, 11:40:50 »

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced good one of these. My plumber has turned up with a Salus RT500RF, (not yet connected) which only cost about £30 on-line, but the temp readout on the room stat seems to be about 2 degrees higher than ambient, which, while I realise is not that important, as you set it for comfort, but it would be nice if it were more accurate. :-\

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless thermostat
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2017, 13:40:35 »

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced good one of these. My plumber has turned up with a Salus RT500RF, (not yet connected) which only cost about £30 on-line, but the temp readout on the room stat seems to be about 2 degrees higher than ambient, which, while I realise is not that important, as you set it for comfort, but it would be nice if it were more accurate. :-\

I had one of these fitted originally to my central heating, it was pretty accurate iirc.

Are you sure the other thermometer is accurate? Maybe one is reading 1C low and the other 1C high?

Could the plumber get the unit swapped over for another one?

I think I still have mine, you could try that if you wanted to.......

The one I now have fitted you can adjust the temp display....but I don't think you can with that one  :-\
« Last Edit: 08 August 2017, 13:42:16 by TD »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2017, 16:39:39 »

Salus don't have a great name in the controls side of things, not known to last and be reliable.

The best are still Honeywell but, you pay for the quality

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2017, 17:34:34 »

Thks both, I liked the Honeywell reviews but they are touch screen, which I'm not so keen on. :-\

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2017, 17:35:42 »

I had one of these fitted originally to my central heating, it was pretty accurate iirc.

Are you sure the other thermometer is accurate? Maybe one is reading 1C low and the other 1C high?

Could the plumber get the unit swapped over for another one?

I think I still have mine, you could try that if you wanted to.......

The one I now have fitted you can adjust the temp display....but I don't think you can with that one  :-\

Its not connected yet Dave, as he has to check the wiring with the boiler maker, Viessmann. The temp I'm just going on gut feeling, so it is probably 3 degrees high. :y

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2017, 17:45:09 »

Some but i would imagine not all can be calibrated .i have just had a quick search around for you but cannot find wther they can or not. As an above comment says the salus may not have that feature. If you go on the salus website they should be able to tell you but it looks like you need to register for assistance. ,!,

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2017, 17:47:55 »

Some but i would imagine not all can be calibrated .i have just had a quick search around for you but cannot find wther they can or not. As an above comment says the salus may not have that feature. If you go on the salus website they should be able to tell you but it looks like you need to register for assistance. ,!,
:y :y :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 August 2017, 17:52:04 »

We have the Honeywell DT92E .. and am very pleased with it  .. no touch screen, just simple buttons and an easy to read display .. :)

According to the installation manual the temperature can be "offset" to correct errors by +/- 3C
« Last Edit: 08 August 2017, 17:58:05 by Entwood »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2017, 17:57:36 »

We have the Honeywell DT92E .. and am very pleased with it  .. no touch screen, just simple buttons and an easy to read display .. :)
We don't have heating. I'm pleased with that ;D
Grumpy old man

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 August 2017, 18:05:09 »

Its usefull when they do have the calibration / offset feature as the temperature the thermostat may be seeing by where it is placed may not be the temperature that you are actually sitting in at a different part of the room.it can even be affected by whether its placed on a "cold" outide wall or an internal wall.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 August 2017, 20:44:36 »

According to the installation manual the temperature can be "offset" to correct errors by +/- 3C

Thanks Nige, looks exactly what we need. :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 August 2017, 21:43:15 »

We have 2 salus (2 heating zones), placing them side by side in a room shows a difference of 2 degrees between the two.

Hardly accurate  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.