Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Political Correctness  (Read 4738 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Political Correctness
« on: 09 August 2017, 18:39:08 »

We have a classic case of that today with the conviction of Asian men for sex offences. 13 years ago that obnoxnious man Nick Griffin of the BNP, accused Asians of this very offence, https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/may/24/localgovernment.thefarright but, because of his politics, he was rubbished by all sides of the media, and politicians.
Given the successive cases of similar abuse, perhaps they should have listened to the message, instead of shooting the messenger. :-X

STEMO

Re: Political Correctness
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2017, 19:14:07 »

Nick Griffin and Enoch Powell.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2017, 19:27:31 »

The trouble was that they branded ALL non-white British as a threat to our way our life.

Funny how I didn't think like that as I received medical attention from Greek and Asian surgeons recently! ::) ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2017, 19:36:25 »

The trouble was that they branded ALL non-white British as a threat to our way our life.

Funny how I didn't think like that as I received medical attention from Greek and Asian surgeons recently! ::) ::)

I take it that the delicate ipad removal surgery was successful then Lizzie. ::) :-[ :o :-X ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2017, 19:39:15 »

I take it that the delicate ipad removal surgery was successful then Lizzie. ::) :-[ :o :-X ;D

The removal was successful Rod, but I am still suffering from ipadinfectiousitus; my fingers do not connect correctly with the virtual keyboard and my brain!! :o :o ;D ;) ;)

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2017, 19:40:50 »

The removal was successful Rod, but I am still suffering from ipadinfectiousitus; my fingers do not connect correctly with the virtual keyboard and my brain!! :o :o ;D ;) ;)
I think you'll find the biggest problem with most technology is the human interface.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2017, 19:43:27 »

I think you'll find the biggest problem with most technology is the human interface.

What are you saying STEMO, there is nothing wrong with my face! :o :o ;D ;D ;)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 August 2017, 20:10:45 »

Given the successive cases of similar abuse, perhaps they should have listened to the message, instead of shooting the messenger. :-X

Even a stopped clock reads right twice per day.

I still wouldn't use one to tell me the time.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 August 2017, 22:38:06 »

Even a stopped clock reads right twice per day.

I still wouldn't use one to tell me the time.

Nevertheless, the reasons why these perfectly correct claims were ignored, was because the BNP were, quite rightly, vilified for their political views, therefore nothing they said was believed, and as it was seen as racially motivated, no notice was taken of them. :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 August 2017, 23:01:03 »

Agreed
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 August 2017, 10:25:28 »

Why have I received emails from certain members who have posted on this thread, after my post, letting me know there are replies and I should look at them??  :-\ :-\ :-\

Never seen this before :o :o

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 August 2017, 10:30:25 »

Why have I received emails from certain members who have posted on this thread, after my post, letting me know there are replies and I should look at them??  :-\ :-\ :-\

You must have inadvertantly pressed the notify tab next to reply ???
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 August 2017, 10:30:59 »

The political correctness imposed upon us by the Liberal left has very obviously been taken to a level beyond ludicrous by what has been allowed to happen to young girls across the country.
The authorities from ground level social workers right up through councils, the police and the CPS were so paralysed by the fear of someone playing the race card, that they turned a blind eye to systematic grooming and rape of vulnerable children as young as 12.
It should be a cause for deep shame for all of us as a society that we have allowed our country to sink so far.
It should also give rise to determination to do something about it.
What we have seen go through the courts has been the tip of the iceberg. Its the beginning of a process which will hopefully allow basic common sense to make a return to the agencies of the state. It will be a long bumpy road, but hopefully we will get there.
Personally, I would reintroduce the death penalty for certain crimes, including these ones, but I cant see it happening in my lifetime.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 August 2017, 10:33:44 »

it was seen as racially motivated, no notice was taken of them. :y

Very true, and in my view that decision as taken at the time was the correct one. Applying hindsight is the wrong test entirely. If a group has no credibility, why should anyone take any notice of what they have to say? That isn't to do with being politically correct, it's about judging your sources. Hard to pick the one truth out from all the lies and exaggeration no?

I'd guess you accidentally clicked he notify button?  ???

Easily done when it's right next to reply.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 August 2017, 10:34:17 »

It's to check that the subliminal mind-control is working.

bet you feel better now
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.