Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Formula 1 British Grand Prix. SPOILER ALERT !!  (Read 8210 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Formula 1 British Grand Prix. SPOILER ALERT !!
« Reply #45 on: 04 August 2019, 22:21:17 »

Thornton Dale.......... mystery holes in wall country. ;D. Hours of fun on a wet day. :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #46 on: 05 August 2019, 07:42:03 »

Thornton Dale.......... mystery holes in wall country. ;D. Hours of fun on a wet day. :y
I paid £54 for an annual pass into Dalby Forest before we left, the barriers lift and let us in and out as many times as we like. At £9 a pop for cars, I'll be quids in before the end of the week and still have 51 weeks left. As an honorary Yorkshireman I'll make sure I get my money's worth.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #47 on: 05 August 2019, 07:44:42 »

In fact, I'm gonna bob up there with the dog in an hour or so.  :)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05 August 2019, 14:12:49 »

It was a good race,enjoyed that :y :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 August 2019, 14:46:36 »

I paid £54 for an annual pass into Dalby Forest before we left, the barriers lift and let us in and out as many times as we like. At £9 a pop for cars, I'll be quids in before the end of the week and still have 51 weeks left. As an honorary Yorkshireman I'll make sure I get my money's worth.  ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05 August 2019, 14:56:23 »

I used to go up to Dalby forest regularly in my teenage years. In those days no barriers.  An awful lot of the local access roads have been closed off to vehicles. Object in principle “ as a local” to paying even though I haven't lived there ( Wykeham forest) for nearly fifty years.  :-[ Still plenty of good walking. Lots of history too. The Romans and stone age man were active in the area. There are rabbit types too from when wild rabbits were farmed. We have boxes of flint arrow heads, Roman coins that are two a penny and even a Roman ring.

STEMO

« Reply #51 on: 05 August 2019, 17:04:36 »

Oh yeah, this thread was something to do with F1, wasn't it?  ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 06 August 2019, 10:58:56 »

Oh yeah, this thread was something to do with F1, wasn't it?  ;D

Ahem  ::) ::)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06 August 2019, 11:51:37 »

Great call on Mercedes to bring him in for fresh tyres, clearly number crunchers there on their game.

Approaching the point Bottas will have to yield now and just play No2 driver, I hope they renew him though. Seb Ocon always comes across, as a bit of a idiot  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 06 August 2019, 11:56:31 »

It was a good call from Mercedes to roll the dice, but it only really worked out the way it did because Hamilton drove over 20 qualifying laps in a row. I don't think any of the others would have been capable of doing that tbh.
Verstappen is very good, but imo he isn't the complete package that Hamilton is, but he might be in the future.
Talk by Horner and Rosberg at the weekend of Verstappen now being the best driver in F1 was ludicrous imo.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 06 August 2019, 15:53:12 »

I feel sorry for Bottas, he can string together a fast qualifying session but lacks ultimate racecraft.

Alonso had his critics but on opening laps , even in a mediocre car , he made up places where feel for car on full tanks, cool tyres and brakes is essential. There are only a handfull of the top twenty that display that ability

I am not sure that Ocon has that anymore than Bottas but the teams  have to think the long  game i.e. after Lewis, Sebastion have gone into retirement. Orlando Norris is shaping up well.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 13 August 2019, 10:17:57 »

I see that Gasly has been sacked from Red Bull and been replaced by Albon, who looks to be a promising prospect.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 13 August 2019, 10:50:38 »

Demoted? Just swapped him to the B team. I am glad it wasnt Kyvyat.

Now we are just waiting for Ocon to replace Bottas. As they say in auctioning he has had his time.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 13 August 2019, 12:08:19 »

Depends if Toto wants someone wants someone capable of consistently challenging Hamilton or not. Not many drivers could, and Bottas is probably is near as any most could manage, apart from Verstappen. Even if Verstappen wanted to go to Mercedes (which I think unlikely) , Toto then has to consider the inevitable headaches and problems that would come with having them both in his team.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 13 August 2019, 15:03:38 »

Depends if Toto wants someone wants someone capable of consistently challenging Hamilton or not. Not many drivers could, and Bottas is probably is near as any most could manage, apart from Verstappen. Even if Verstappen wanted to go to Mercedes (which I think unlikely) , Toto then has to consider the inevitable headaches and problems that would come with having them both in his team.

It is all about succession planning. No reason why Hamilton cant win another handful of championships before retiring. In the meantime they need to bring on a successor ( someone who can learn from hamilton) to take the reins. ( or should I say reigns). Bottas is nearly at F1 retiring age too and just is not cutting the moutarde as you would say. He can string together a fast enough quali lap but is rubbish at the racecraft. Like Gasly
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.