Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wishbones  (Read 7805 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Wishbones
« Reply #15 on: 09 June 2019, 23:00:14 »

They’re ordered now anyway👍   Once I’ve got these old ones off I’ll see if they are up for processing.
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 June 2019, 21:45:56 »

So you are in command of all the facts, genuine GM have a weld seal all the way round the vertical bush 'collar' aftermarkets (as mine are) tend to only have a few blobs. They have been known to fail, under extreme pressure/abuse, however 30k done on mine and no death yet  :D I'd say its very very very rare.

For this reason some people prefer to use second hand GM ones, clean up, repaint then rebush etc.

However, that ATP price sounds like the right sort of ballpark. They do (well, did at least) a kit of wishbones, droplinks, track rods for maybe £80, I seem to recall.

Consensus on here is if youre touching the suspension, do the lot, get a geometry set up at the same time. Don't have a geo setup, save £50, but burn through three times that in tyres per year before you realise your error... if you see what I mean.  :y
Not true. Categorically.

Yes, in percentage terms the genuine ones have more welded circumference, but we're talking 55-60% vs 50-55%

ATP kits are perfectly adequate as service items and best value includes droplinks and track rods. Typically €65-85 :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 June 2019, 22:21:15 »

Thanks to all for the knowledge, it’s just like the ABS, great site and loads of help. I hope I can help too should anybody need turbo advice or need to obtain one.👍👍👍

Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.