Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crank pulley - where to buy? - primeline parts?  (Read 1508 times)

JDX

• Intermediate Member
  • Hersham, Surrey.
    • '02 2.2dti CDX estate.
    • View Profile
Crank pulley - where to buy? - primeline parts?
« on: 15 August 2019, 11:45:04 »

So, finally managed to get the old crank pulley off my 2.2.dti....feeling pretty pleased with myself  :y

I now need help to buy a new one....I first tried local vauxhall dealer - I nearly fell over at how much they wanted...
ebay....found car spares direct who tell me their parts are supplied by Primeline in Germany but not necessarily made there!

I don't want to spend all day researching this so any help with suppliers? I would prefer a genuine part as I don't want it to break in 12 months time but I don't want to spend a fortune either. I saw an old post on here saying avoid a FEBI......I keep seeing TVD on some ebay listings, what does that mean?

Obvs I will replace the belt whilst everything is in bits but should I be replacing anything else whilst I'm at it? I plan on keeping the car for a while yet...owned her for 7 years & still enjoy driving her.
Thanks.

JDX

• Intermediate Member
  • Hersham, Surrey.
    • '02 2.2dti CDX estate.
    • View Profile
Re: Crank pulley - where to buy? - primeline parts?
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2019, 12:08:40 »

Torsion vibration damper...OK, worked that out  :o

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2019, 22:31:02 »

Got mine from SC Motor factors in Tunbridge Wells but as its been on there for some time I can't remember the brand. About 70 quid I think.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2019, 10:42:02 »

Presumably the dealer gave you the GM part number. Might help if you posted that up.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2019, 14:53:09 »

Presumably the dealer gave you the GM part number. Might help if you posted that up.
My local VX parts dealer refused to supply the part numbers for various 'obselete' parts, preferi gg I stead to try to source alternatives and charging VX retail prices for.

Took some persuading that ifi had to buy pattern, the I would be doing so on my terms and not theirs and that with theepart number I could search globally for old stock because they clearly couldn't be bothered >:(
Onanists always think outside the box.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2019, 15:27:59 »

The pully would appear to be GM 55351711 (supersedes GM 9128177) . The bolt and the damper washer is GM 90502706. These parts are also used on Saabs.

Anyway a new pulley with bolt and washer is listed here @ £49.95 + £4 delivery.

Given that the bolt and washer is, on it's own, £21.50 delivered I don't imagine you'll do much better than that. This bolt and washer are said to be genuine GM.
« Last Edit: 17 August 2019, 15:39:01 by Enceladus »

JDX

• Intermediate Member
  • Hersham, Surrey.
    • '02 2.2dti CDX estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2019, 14:54:38 »

The pully would appear to be GM 55351711 (supersedes GM 9128177) . The bolt and the damper washer is GM 90502706. These parts are also used on Saabs.

Anyway a new pulley with bolt and washer is listed here @ £49.95 + £4 delivery.

Given that the bolt and washer is, on it's own, £21.50 delivered I don't imagine you'll do much better than that. This bolt and washer are said to be genuine GM.
Thanks for all the replies.....I believe 55351711 IS the correct GM part no.... so I ended up buying an OEM part from a company called BGA. It was £57 & comes with a 5 year warranty. I intend using the old bolt with blue threadlock  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.