Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Good price?  (Read 3158 times)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Good price?
« Reply #15 on: 03 July 2009, 09:46:19 »

Hmm.....phoned up to order the discs and pads yesterday afternoon and was told the discs were out of stock. Phoned me back later to say that he couldn't get any more at the price he quoted me of £60.00 and the best he could do was £90.00 excl. VAT. :-? So, had a chat with the mechanic at my garage and he said he would phone around and see what price he could get for me. Phoned back a while later to say that he could get the vented rear discs and pads for £100.00 incl. VAT plus labour for fitting - result! :y Car booked in for next Thursday.
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Vmax

• Waterlooville, Hampshire.
  • Missing life on two wheels :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 July 2009, 14:04:14 »

Halfords seem reasonable... I haven't bought omega discs from them but new discs for my wife's focus were £24 each.. verses £60 from the dealer  ::)
Keep Calm And Carry On.......

dippydave

• Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
  • how personal?
    • Vectra 2.0DTi Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 July 2009, 16:51:17 »

disks are retail dunno where they got that pad price from!

Ventilated discs/drums from '01                              93182287 £127.00 £108.29 £84.55

All models disc pads                                93169001 £19.65 £16.70 £11.59

have you not got trade club?  gotta be worth joining for the savings on those alone!
pity its too late for someone to get a set to bring to EA meet, as they are normally order only.

I've just come back from Vx and they quoted £19.65 for rear pads, but i thought that was the TC price. :-/ i is confused!

He did tell me they only do aftermarket pads now as the original equipment ones are over £60 and no better!
Vectra Elite Estate doing good post-Omega service but still not as nice to sit in.

One last Omega on the drive, one Corsa on the lawn...maybe they'll go to a good home before too long!

dippydave

• how personal?
    • Vectra 2.0DTi Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 July 2009, 11:41:56 »

Ventilated discs/drums from '01                              93182287 £127.00 £108.29 £84.55

All models disc pads                                93169001 £19.65 £16.70 £11.59

have you not got trade club?  gotta be worth joining for the savings on those alone!
pity its too late for someone to get a set to bring to EA meet, as they are normally order only.

I've just come back from Vx and they quoted £19.65 for rear pads, but i thought that was the TC price. :-/ i is confused!

He did tell me they only do aftermarket pads now as the original equipment ones are over £60 and no better!

Called up vx again today and got clarified exvat prices, (as Jimbob wrote) the retail is 19.65, trade is 17.12 and trade club 11.59. They gave me the wrong ones as they don't stock them!

So Jim, where'd you get your big list of costs from? Surely not lots of ringing round?! :-?
Vectra Elite Estate doing good post-Omega service but still not as nice to sit in.

One last Omega on the drive, one Corsa on the lawn...maybe they'll go to a good home before too long!

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 July 2009, 11:44:54 »

Called up vx again today and got clarified exvat prices, (as Jimbob wrote) the retail is 19.65, trade is 17.12 and trade club 11.59. They gave me the wrong ones as they don't stock them!

So Jim, where'd you get your big list of costs from? Surely not lots of ringing round?! :-?

The tradeclub website  :y

are you a member of TC?  Your own, or through a club?

dippydave

• how personal?
    • Vectra 2.0DTi Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 July 2009, 12:04:57 »

I'm a member as I got an ABS card, and the guys at Lookers Star City are starting to know me quite well now too :). You need your own account to log on though don't you?

I'm getting a fair few bits for my fleet, my father in law's Omega, mrs dippy's corsa and there's more in the family I get bits for!  :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 July 2009, 12:08:50 »

I'm a member as I got an ABS card, and the guys at Lookers Star City are starting to know me quite well now too :). You need your own account to log on though don't you?

I'm getting a fair few bits for my fleet, my father in law's Omega, mrs dippy's corsa and there's more in the family I get bits for!  :y

email the ABS secretary for the details  :y

dippydave

• how personal?
    • Vectra 2.0DTi Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 July 2009, 12:12:09 »

Thanks!

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 July 2009, 12:31:25 »

Thanks!

no probs  :y

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 July 2009, 09:48:59 »

Well, car went into my local garage yesterday for the new vented rear discs and pad - came to £157.00 fitted incl. VAT. Not too bad at all. :)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.