Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Ride a long' in facelift V6  (Read 3726 times)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ride a long' in facelift V6
« Reply #15 on: 09 July 2009, 20:55:31 »

If you can get yourself down to Swidnod you can certainly have a seat in mine .. :)  3.2 V6  :)  but it is an auto (the only sort there should be ...  :)  )

You might will be surprised just what an auto can do when pressed .. :)

Rubbish!

Driving around in mother tunnies 3.0 auto has made me miss my manual loads.

I do shift the auto manually, as i like to hold onto gears longer than the box does, but its no the same.

Give me a manual anyday!
I totally agree tunnie mate, manual boxes are so much better  :)
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 July 2009, 21:17:54 »

I really apreciated my Auto on a 2 hour 40 mile stop start trip round the M25 the other morning ;D it was great ;)
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 July 2009, 21:18:23 »

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

feeutfo

« Reply #18 on: 10 July 2009, 00:56:13 »

;D Play time Mr B. Come along. You know you want to :-)
Used to be a manual only sort of bloke, these days, really cant be arsed with 3 pedals. Get in, 1 leg 1 arm, and arrive. ... and if you want to play, Sports mode will see off most stuff, give you engine breaking and rev out when you want. Will give you the lag getting back on the power issue, but come off the brakes earlier and let it run in, youll be back on the gas ready with a steady throttle and the slack taken up. With a 3.2 its not so much of an issue and is safer anyway ime. For 0.5 seconds of frustration out of a corner, i would happily swap that for a less frenzied easy drive 99.9999% of the time.
From the lights i find most heavy footed spotty hoods are still waiting for the clutch to bite.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 July 2009, 09:13:39 »

Thanks TB, appreciate the offer :)
I was thinking of popping up to you sometime for some tech2 fun lol. There's no dash lights or anything, but thought it may be a good idea to run the tech2 over it to see if there are any things a miss.

TB would be able to show you more what a 3 can do, the estate being mother tunnies, i can't chuck it about too much!  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 July 2009, 15:25:48 »

;D Play time Mr B. Come along. You know you want to :-) .....

I really can't be mythered!   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

They'll grow up one day and realise that 2 feet equates perfectly to the 2 pedals that lard arse cars like Omegas should have. ;)  ;)  ;)
I really am NOT against manuals gearboxes in cars that should have 3 pedals ...... they're just a PITA for everday use, I know cos I drive one every day to work!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

sidewaysmv6

« Reply #21 on: 10 July 2009, 15:48:36 »

i think in a big powerful car with a LSD a manual gearbox is essential!! ;D

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 July 2009, 16:20:05 »

Haha I agree Tunnie, might not be so fun going home to explain to your mum why her estate has only got one front wing now...better cooling maybe :)
I prefer a manual gearbox, auto's are slower and have worse fuel economy. Why would you choose that? I must admit there have been about 4 times I've thought an auto would be nice. Driving around Bristol on some of the hills, and when I'm in thick traffic. But all the other times I prefer a manual, it's never in the wrong gear, and if it is it's my fault  ;D
And a totally different question...how do you get the blue box in posts saying ''so and so'' says? I suppose like quoting someone.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 July 2009, 16:51:47 »

Haha I agree Tunnie, might not be so fun going home to explain to your mum why her estate has only got one front wing now...better cooling maybe :)
I prefer a manual gearbox, auto's are slower and have worse fuel economy. Why would you choose that? I must admit there have been about 4 times I've thought an auto would be nice. Driving around Bristol on some of the hills, and when I'm in thick traffic. But all the other times I prefer a manual, it's never in the wrong gear, and if it is it's my fault  ;D
And a totally different question...how do you get the blue box in posts saying ''so and so'' says? I suppose like quoting someone.

top right of every post is a little box that says "quote" ... click it ..  :)

(and I managed that with only 2 pedals !!!!   :)  )
« Last Edit: 10 July 2009, 16:52:40 by entwood »

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 July 2009, 17:03:32 »

Thanks Entwood. Maybe I am wrong, a lot of people on here are singing the praises of auto's.
I've got to to Wales sometime soonish, and I go near Swindon so maybe you can prove me wrong with your auto. If you still wouldn't mind I'd like a ride in your 3.2 :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 July 2009, 17:21:24 »

Thanks Entwood. Maybe I am wrong, a lot of people on here are singing the praises of auto's.
I've got to to Wales sometime soonish, and I go near Swindon so maybe you can prove me wrong with your auto. If you still wouldn't mind I'd like a ride in your 3.2 :)

You'd be welcome .. just let me know when . :)
« Last Edit: 10 July 2009, 17:41:33 by entwood »

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 July 2009, 17:28:04 »

if only they did a dsg auto box with a gearstick that moved like a manual in the "H" shape so on demand you can change from P,R,D,3,2,1 to 1,2,3,4,5,R lol
and that way you can have auto relaxedness and some fuel economy (with clutched dsg box) and then manual mode for when you feel like actually driving the thing!
V8!!!!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 July 2009, 17:39:27 »

Maybe I am wrong, a lot of people on here are singing the praises of auto's. .......

As has been 'discussed' many  many times before there's no right or wrong when it comes to auto vs manual. What always gets me though, is that those who insist on only wanting a manual have usually based this on a spin around the block in their mates auto, when they were still getting tied up with their feet etc, and have vowed to never ever having an auto.
In the real world I reckon most people would find that their auto will keep up most of the time with a manual. In the real world, we don't drop the clutch to get the 0 - 60 times that the mags/etc claim a particular car should have!

My daughter has just started driving have passed her test 18 months ago. As her Mum's car is an auto she has had to get to grips with just the 2 pedals. She thinks it's fantastic and can't get her head around why everyone bangs on about 'being in control' in their manuals!  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 July 2009, 17:43:40 »

if only they did a dsg auto box with a gearstick that moved like a manual in the "H" shape so on demand you can change from P,R,D,3,2,1 to 1,2,3,4,5,R lol
and that way you can have auto relaxedness and some fuel economy (with clutched dsg box) and then manual mode for when you feel like actually driving the thing!

My mate's Citroen something-or-other years ago was similar to that. A manual looking gear lever but only 3 forward gears R was where you'd expect 1, 1st was underneath where 2nd should have been etc and no clutch pedal. That car really did mash your head in, as your hand went to change gear your foot would follow on the press a clutch that wasn't there!!  :-?  :-?  :-?  :-?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Omega man 2

• Omega Knight
  • If all else fails, get out the oxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 July 2009, 17:46:13 »

Maybe I am wrong, a lot of people on here are singing the praises of auto's. .......

As has been 'discussed' many  many times before there's no right or wrong when it comes to auto vs manual. What always gets me though, is that those who insist on only wanting a manual have usually based this on a spin around the block in their mates auto, when they were still getting tied up with their feet etc, and have vowed to never ever having an auto.
In the real world I reckon most people would find that their auto will keep up most of the time with a manual. In the real world, we don't drop the clutch to get the 0 - 60 times that the mags/etc claim a particular car should have!

My daughter has just started driving have passed her test 18 months ago. As her Mum's car is an auto she has had to get to grips with just the 2 pedals. She thinks it's fantastic and can't get her head around why everyone bangs on about 'being in control' in their manuals!  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

I have to admit I'm guilty of this  :-[ but, after comparing two omegas of the same engine size I reckon the auto just doesnt have the same responsiveness when you want it. Although I'd probably take an auto over a manual if the omega came with a big lazy v8 8-)
« Last Edit: 10 July 2009, 17:46:43 by Omega_Man »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.