Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Project MV6 - MOT result (Mr Rog's old car)  (Read 13230 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Project MV6 - MOT result (Mr Rog's old car)
« Reply #60 on: 10 December 2016, 15:43:41 »

Just seems a shame that one persons efforts are being put under scrutiny for all the wrong reasons,I only wish that I had the mechanical abilities of James and quite a few others on this forum who's expertise and experience have kept my three cars and countless others on the road and surprisingly in good fettle.I fail to see why that on an Omega forum there seems to be a vein of piss taking from ex owners who I find their so called 'banter' to say the least irritating,  and I'm of the opinion that this is why this forum is not a pleasant place to visit anymore.If you haven't got anything constructive about to say about my choice of cars,then perhaps you should jog on and go bother someone else.I actually enjoy owning and driving these cars and regardless of certain jaundiced opinions I'll carry on doing just that,my apologies if that offends who ever but DILLIGAF! Rant over .....just! >:(

Fair comment mate,James is probably one the most trustworthy on the forum to buy a car from.
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

ted_one

« Reply #61 on: 10 December 2016, 16:36:31 »

He's a good guy,and so are many others on here,and I for one wouldn't want this forum to get watered down by scaring off new members with the type of negativity described in my previous post.I have met other members socially and it's a real treat to get together with them, and we always look forward to the curry nights and breakfast meets.So instead of knocking someone for their efforts,we should be encouraging them to share their experiences, which in turn adds to the vast amount of technical help available on here,and let's face it where would we be without it? :-\ :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 10 December 2016, 16:38:59 »

Not really wanting to get too involved in this latest spat, but, i does clearly state in James ad that he advises anyone to view before they bid. Anyone then would be able to make up their own minds on the quality of repairs and the general condition of the car. I, for one, would never buy a car without seeing it first, though i know that others have bought unseen and have been happy with their purchase. You pays ya money and makes ya choice. Hope the recovery continues well James.

ted_one

« Reply #63 on: 10 December 2016, 17:01:28 »

Agreed,James is honest to a fault, and as you say inspecting any for sale car is part of the process before parting with your hard earned.I'm actually amazed that James hasn't said f**k it! I'm outa here for good,but knowing him he's fairly laid back and seems to soak up the flak for his efforts.Talk about the spirit of OOF ;D ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #64 on: 10 December 2016, 17:26:07 »

Having bought several cars of eBay over the years you take a chance no matter what, just ask the seller questions in a polite way and if they are genuine they will normally reply honestly, the way some members have harangued this member is beyond belief. The car looks good to me  & let's face it you are not going to be spending your life's savings.James I hope you recovery goes well , you must feel very frustrated with not being able to work to full ability.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2016, 17:28:41 by Tilbo »

powerslinky

« Reply #65 on: 10 December 2016, 17:33:41 »

Having bought several cars of eBay over the years you take a chance no matter what, just ask the seller questions in a polite way and if they are genuine they will normally reply honestly, the way some members have harangued this member is beyond belief. The car looks good to me  & let's face it you are not going to be spending your life's savings.

+ 1   I agree & second  all thats stated in this post  :y      I have also had dealings with James  & hold him in the highest esteem for his knowledge & his honesty :y :y     

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 10 December 2016, 20:20:58 »

James, thanks for your posts regarding Range Rovers. Very useful to me. Much appreciated.  :y

Good luck with the sale and your recovery.

And ALWAYS remember...   DO NOT FEED THE TROLL 

Having been on and off here since 'here' was a yahoo group (flounce counter = 0, btw) I can say that it is high time that this forum is turned into the non interactive information database that the admins have mooted it will become one day. 

Rather than an enthusiasts group it has become a collection of cynical arse trumpets who actively seek to devalue the second hand Omega market.  >:(

I actually had some bell cheese from here contact me via ebay when I was selling my Omega to tell me how he had 6 omegas in his family and how they were all better than mine and that they weren't worth as much as I was asking.  Unsurprisingly my car sold for in excess of 2k thus proving he was talking out of his arsepiece.  ::)

Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

STEMO

« Reply #67 on: 10 December 2016, 20:59:05 »

'Bell cheese'....    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I like that. ;D

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10 December 2016, 21:04:09 »

Each to their own............
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 10 December 2016, 22:06:09 »

Well, you would wouldn't you

Personally I prefer "le parfum d'une femme"     ;D
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 10 December 2016, 22:10:04 »

While I'm here . . . . what the hell is going on here  ?
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 10 December 2016, 22:16:40 »

Start from the top and just work ya way down. ;)

STEMO

« Reply #72 on: 10 December 2016, 22:17:25 »

Well, it's like this, Rog. You're a troublemaker see boyo, selling your car has caused aggravation innit.  ;D

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 07 January 2017, 09:49:36 »

No progress today, back too sore and I was given the wrong bloody seal, far too small  >:( >:(

On the plus side:

- I have sourced a mint door, to replace the one that's all scuffed up  8) I need to get up to Nottingham to get it, but I'm sure I will at some point in the not too distant future

I have been doing some research and trying to get quotes for the rear wheel bearing. Most garages either won't touch it, or want about 5 hours worth of labour per side.

No balls, no glory. It might take a while, (I may need a helper to yank on breaker bars, etc) but, I'm doing the rear bearings myself. There's no rush. And that way I can also do both rears. I have figured that, if one has failed, the other won't be far behind. I can also renew the handbrake shoes, discs, and pads at the same time.

Still no idea what the end goal is for this car. I'm not sure I can bear to part with the 530d touring, because in the nicest possible way, it's better than an Omega  :-[

But I am itching to play again  ::)
Not sure if James is still watching the forum :-\ can anyone tell me if this door is still available?
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

powerslinky

« Reply #74 on: 07 January 2017, 11:35:34 »

No progress today, back too sore and I was given the wrong bloody seal, far too small  >:( >:(

On the plus side:

- I have sourced a mint door, to replace the one that's all scuffed up  8) I need to get up to Nottingham to get it, but I'm sure I will at some point in the not too distant future

I have been doing some research and trying to get quotes for the rear wheel bearing. Most garages either won't touch it, or want about 5 hours worth of labour per side.

No balls, no glory. It might take a while, (I may need a helper to yank on breaker bars, etc) but, I'm doing the rear bearings myself. There's no rush. And that way I can also do both rears. I have figured that, if one has failed, the other won't be far behind. I can also renew the handbrake shoes, discs, and pads at the same time.

Still no idea what the end goal is for this car. I'm not sure I can bear to part with the 530d touring, because in the nicest possible way, it's better than an Omega  :-[

But I am itching to play again  ::)
Not sure if James is still watching the forum :-\ can anyone tell me if this door is still available?

Think that James was getting this from nigel at Omegas52 . . .will PM you his number . mention to him  you are an oof member  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: 07 January 2017, 11:38:01 by Essex Big Al »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.