Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer Question  (Read 2363 times)

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
Computer Question
« on: 01 February 2018, 18:26:24 »

Hi all,can someone explain something to me.I switched my pc on today and found that google earth pro has been installed,and i did not physically install it.It looks like it was installed yesterday, but i did not even used google earth pro yesterday.How can a pc install a program on its own. :o Dean.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Question
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2018, 18:56:27 »

The aliens did it, quick they know we're you are.
Hoof'land storeman.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2018, 19:02:23 »

The aliens did it, quick they know we're you are.
Yes you are right,my MIL knows where i am. ;D

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2018, 20:23:29 »

That's weird.just read this post and googled "google earth pro" to see if anything mentioned but nothing came up so continued browsing onto other sites and 5 mins later an earth pro installation bubble popped up bottom left of my taskbar and starting installing  >:(

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2018, 20:28:10 »

That's weird.just read this post and googled "google earth pro" to see if anything mentioned but nothing came up so continued browsing onto other sites and 5 mins later an earth pro installation bubble popped up bottom left of my taskbar and starting installing  >:(
They’re taking over the world. Don’t fight it, resistance is futile, just lie back and think of England.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 February 2018, 20:47:13 »

I haven't read the question, only the title. But have you tried switching it off and on again.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Weds

• Chatham, Kent
  • My other hobby
    • Mercedes E class 350 CDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 February 2018, 21:47:26 »

Hi all,can someone explain something to me.I switched my pc on today and found that google earth pro has been installed,and i did not physically install it.It looks like it was installed yesterday, but i did not even used google earth pro yesterday.How can a pc install a program on its own. :o Dean.

Same here, thought i was going a bit mad...

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 February 2018, 23:15:19 »

So how has this installed its self.? Dean.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 February 2018, 23:40:19 »

I haven't read the question, only the title. But have you tried switching it off and on again.
Yep, Im with him on this one, any issues in the IT World, just do a Re Boot, or, if your in a rush, just pull the plug out of the wall socket.  ;D

Plus your probably need to do a restart in order for your new Installation to finish off and work properly, otherwise you really will feel cheated.  ;D

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 February 2018, 23:45:07 »

Yep, Im with him on this one, any issues in the IT World, just do a Re Boot, or, if your in a rush, just pull the plug out of the wall socket.  ;D

Plus your probably need to do a restart in order for your new Installation to finish off and work properly, otherwise you really will feel cheated.  ;D
Sorry Zirk,you have lost me there.Dean.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 February 2018, 23:50:34 »

Ok, well that obviously didn't work then  ::)..... Hit the delete button, it takes up tons of storage anyway.  ;)

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 February 2018, 02:44:50 »

Ok, well that obviously didn't work then  ::)..... Hit the delete button, it takes up tons of storage anyway.  ;)
Hi Zirk,i am still not quite with you.I don't actually turn off the pc(ie flick the switch on the back of the tower or pull the plug out).I simply shut down and restart by pushing the button on the front of the tower,also when i noticed the icon.I went to control panel and uninstalled it,as i did not install it myself.Plus others have said its happened to them so there must be some thing going on.Dean.

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2018, 08:51:48 »

Plenty of reports on the Internet of the same thing happening in the middle of last year to users of Google Earth; basically Google automatically pushed an update that renamed Google Earth to Google Earth Pro.

I'd guess you were both previously users of the 'Free' Google Earth? And somehow it took longer than for others for your Google Earth to be forcibly upgraded..

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/windows/4560292-google-earth-pro-automatically-installed-on-windows-10.html?fpart=all&vc=1

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2018, 17:29:24 »

Plenty of reports on the Internet of the same thing happening in the middle of last year to users of Google Earth; basically Google automatically pushed an update that renamed Google Earth to Google Earth Pro.

I'd guess you were both previously users of the 'Free' Google Earth? And somehow it took longer than for others for your Google Earth to be forcibly upgraded..

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/windows/4560292-google-earth-pro-automatically-installed-on-windows-10.html?fpart=all&vc=1
Hi aaronjb,yes i did use google earth many moons ago.So this is what it could be.Dean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.