Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ATP, Germany  (Read 5377 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
ATP, Germany
« on: 17 August 2018, 07:57:32 »

I thought I had mentioned this before, but can't see it.

I'd like to point out that they are, indeed, a complete shower of shits.  Best avoided IMHO.

My fault for a) using egay, b) not noticing the company name which I know a few members have had delivery issues with.

Fortunately, only £25, so a reasonably lucky escape, as could have been a significant amount.

Call them, and they speak good enough English right up to the point they have taken the details, then kein englisch sprechen

Egay case raised, but they are using the age old trick of repeatedly leaving it the maximum length of time before responding, and then responding with nothing of substance.

The best they can come up with is if/when it arrives, refuse it, and courier will return it, then I'll get a refund.  But they can't tell me which courier, so it will likely be left in safe place or with a neighbour, then its my expense to send it back...  ...assuming it ever does arrive. If it never arrives, it seems they refuse to refund.

Knob Jockeys.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: ATP, Germany
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2018, 08:03:13 »

You don't have much luck do you!

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2018, 08:54:25 »

You defiantly don't have any luck with some company's TB
I have used ATP with no problem. Delivered same week as ordered

Keith ABS

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2018, 09:15:16 »

I've only used ATP once when I bought a set of wishbones and they were faultless.  :y  I also use ebay regularly without any issues.  :)

It must be you TB!  ::)  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2018, 09:23:30 »

User error?  :D ;D  :-X

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2018, 10:16:05 »

Same here, Sir Tigger - wishbones kit with track rods and droplinks. Good quality and price with prompt delivery. :y

Ron.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2018, 10:50:26 »

User error?  :D ;D :-X

It seems that all the suppliers in the world are allergic to TB.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 August 2018, 11:20:09 »

I ordered direct from their website. They didn't actually stock the items I bought from them and it took them weeks to source them.
I spent hours trying to deal with them to no avail and demanded my money back several times which was completely ignored.
They just kept sending me false tracking numbers and implied that once they sent a tracking number they were no longer responsible for me not receiving the parts.
Eventually the parts turned up, and my many complaints were ignored.
Definitely one to avoid for me.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2018, 11:24:06 »

I've used them on a regular basis over the past 5 plus years right up to a few weeks ago,never had a problem with quality or service...but things can change and so will keep a wary eye for any signs of it going tits up :o Also I have got a real problem with Ebay, as just this year I have had to raise 6 disputes with people on there who advertise items that probably don't exist,and it's getting worse! These are not foreign sellers and are fairly large companies that are based here and one other is in Jersey,and although I had full refunds via Ebay I'm inclined to agree with Jamie and perhaps try to avoid Ebay where possible ;)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 August 2018, 11:34:20 »

I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2018, 12:16:10 »

User error?  :D ;D  :-X
It must be.  Or I'm too demanding.

I do demand, that when I've ordered an item, that said item turns up within a "reasonable" timescale, as is of the claimed quality.

By reasonable timescale, if I pay for next day delivery, then that's what I'd expect. In the case of egay, then that's within a few days after the end of the estimated date range stated when ordering.

If a company is not going to deliver within a reasonable timescale, I expect them to contact me, and then we can discuss options, depending on likely delivery dates.

Am I demanding too much?  I don't think so.

I had another egay item I had to raise a non-delivery dispute on yesterday. Within an hour, I'd had a response, and by 11am this morning, I was able to close the dispute.  That's how it should work when things go wrong, which inevitably they occasionally do.

ATP are clearly not willing to get involved, obvious by the piss-off pill they reply with and the fact they leave the replies to the last possible moment. When all they need to do is check with their couriers...   ...though their unwillingness to give a dispatch date or a tracking number makes me think they were slow to dispatch, possibly another one of those arsehole outfits that don't actually stock much, and order on demand.  And MigV6's post about confirms that suspicion.

If they had the balls to admit that, and that it would be here, say, next week, I'd be happy.  But giving no information, and washing their hands of it means I don't know whether I should reorder the parts elsewhere, or simply wait indefinitely for them to turn up.

It might only be £25, but that's my £25 that could be buying me 5 pints and a couple of bags of Salt & Vinegar in the pub tonight. So I'll be staying in tonight.
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2018, 19:59:44 »

I thought I had mentioned this before, but can't see it.

I'd like to point out that they are, indeed, a complete shower of shits.  Best avoided IMHO.

My fault for a) using egay, b) not noticing the company name which I know a few members have had delivery issues with.

Fortunately, only £25, so a reasonably lucky escape, as could have been a significant amount.

Call them, and they speak good enough English right up to the point they have taken the details, then kein englisch sprechen

Egay case raised, but they are using the age old trick of repeatedly leaving it the maximum length of time before responding, and then responding with nothing of substance.

The best they can come up with is if/when it arrives, refuse it, and courier will return it, then I'll get a refund.  But they can't tell me which courier, so it will likely be left in safe place or with a neighbour, then its my expense to send it back...  ...assuming it ever does arrive. If it never arrives, it seems they refuse to refund.

Knob Jockeys.
You did, titled "What a pillock". ::) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2018, 20:21:03 »

You did, titled "What a pillock". ::) ;D
LOL, couldn't find it for looking, only realised when somebody bumped it. Must be an age thing  ;D
Grumpy old man

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2018, 22:13:44 »

I used buycarparts.co.uk recently for SWMBO`s Panda, way cheaper than any eurocrapparts outlets but they are a German company trading with a .co.uk web site.

Certainly not a quick delivery but the wishbone and coil springs were good quality, drop links not so much but I have just ordered some more stuff that came up on the MOT advisories.

As a first customer you have to wait for some verification for payment and then it goes through the departments for processing which took ten days from ordering to delivery as their offices are only open 9-5 Mon to Fri even though the website is 24/7, deliveries after that are quicker but not next day. If you have time then I think these guys are worth it but if you need stuff next day then don`t get sucked in by the .co.uk web address, though they do state the delivery process on the home page.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 August 2018, 21:19:09 »

Not a peep since. Can't get a response at all now.  self-abusers. Can't decide if simply incompetent or crooks.

Either way, ATP defo another one to avoid in the future.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.