Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Parliament is not prorogued  (Read 10535 times)

STEMO

Parliament is not prorogued
« on: 24 September 2019, 10:45:26 »

According to the Supreme Court, it was/is unlawful. It's not going well for Boris.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Parliament is not prorogued
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2019, 10:57:11 »

Great, instead of one idiot trying to sort this mess out, we're back to 630 or so idiots trying to screw each other over >:(
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2019, 11:05:46 »

I'm sure it will all be sorted out over a nice cup of tea.  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2019, 11:08:39 »

I have said repeatedly that I want to sse Boris in a different light; I want him to prove me wrong; I want him to make me proud to be a Conservative again. But he keeps on living up to my image of Boris; the guffer, the fool, the bluffer, the over-inflated ego (although perhaps that goes with the territory of all politicians!! ::) ::)) and the one who can get things so terribly wrong all too many times.

So now he has committed an even bigger guff than he ever has before.  He has pushed his amateurish luck too far, and is to be seen by the whole World to be an incompetent chancer. >:( >:(

He has torn the Conservative Party to shreds, with the constant bluff that he is going to sort "B" out - I really hope he can by 31st October - but he is not convincing me at all, and now this judgement..................................oh bloody hell!!! >:( >:( >:(

Thank God Corbyn is such an incapable, nasty, Marxist idiot.  But in general, this is not good for our democracy! >:( >:( 
« Last Edit: 24 September 2019, 11:10:24 by Lizzie Zoom »

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2019, 11:14:44 »

I really can't wait to see his spluttering, mumbling statement, that's if he doesn't resign that is!
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2019, 11:23:04 »

In the end, this country will get exactly what it deserves. We are no longer a United Kingdom, nor a Great Britain. We are a pathetic little island full of foreigners, squabbling among each other while other countries snigger at us and buy up all of our companies.
Unfortunately, there are still a class of people about who think we are still a world power. I'm sick of hearing about how we are the fifth richest country in the world. No, we are not. We generate the fifth largest amount of money in the world, but then spend it on welfare payments for no hopers and lazy bastards. Any thing that is left is squandered on the bottomless pit which is called the NHS ( no, not the finest in the world, just the most expensive).
I've had it with this shithole, and I feel very sorry for the younger, indigenous population.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2019, 11:43:04 »

To mis-quote the mash report - we live in curious times when David Cameron can only take bronze in the 'Sh!ttest prime minister of the last 20yrs' award.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2019, 12:04:48 »

Great, instead of one idiot trying to sort this mess out, we're back to 630 or so idiots trying to screw each other over >:(

so you would prefer a solution that was known to be illegal before it was implemented?

Johnson's MO  has always been to gamble on the first idea he thought of and bluff his way through. It gets less likely to work the higher up the greasy pole it's tried.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2019, 12:11:20 »

Not that I'm the first to say this, but all we've had is squabbling, in-fighting, with the bizarre scenario that although 51% of the population democratically want a thing, there must be barely a dozen MPs who actually want Brexit and are fighting for it, the rest are torn between towing the Party line (whatever that may be that week) or even jumping ship to whichever of the sinking ships in the torpedoed convoy seems to be sinking the slowest.

As far as I see it Boris just wants to get this chuffing thing sorted, over with and done, thats what he's fighting for. The rest - with Corbyn as figurehead - are just throwing spanners, sticks and stones at him at every turn to try and scupper the thing. I have no idea what Corbyn's Grand Plan is; clearly to be PM, but of what/how? Does he want to be PM, then say "I'll save you all! I'll negotiate with the EU for a better deal!"... or does he want to say "I'll save you all! I'll call a second referendum, in the hopes that this time 51% of people with vote remain!"

Stemo's sentiments are exactly the reason I don't have any kids yet - I genuinely cannot bear to bring life into this world/country as it is, it's horrific.  :'(
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2019, 12:11:48 »

In the end, this country will get exactly what it deserves. We are no longer a United Kingdom, nor a Great Britain. We are a pathetic little island full of foreigners, squabbling among each other while other countries snigger at us and buy up all of our companies.
Unfortunately, there are still a class of people about who think we are still a world power. I'm sick of hearing about how we are the fifth richest country in the world. No, we are not. We generate the fifth largest amount of money in the world, but then spend it on welfare payments for no hopers and lazy bastards. Any thing that is left is squandered on the bottomless pit which is called the NHS ( no, not the finest in the world, just the most expensive).
I've had it with this shithole, and I feel very sorry for the younger, indigenous population.

Couldn't have put it better myself, just hate to think what's in store for my Grandsons in a few years hate to say it but hope I'm pushing up daisies by then.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 September 2019, 12:27:29 »

So, idiot Corbyn has now called on Johnson to resign .... which achieves what ?? 

Corbyn will NOT agree to a General Election .. he had the chance which he turned down ... but doesn't want Johnson as PM .. so that just leads to yet another Conservative leadership election ... more procrastination...

Now, if Corbyn agreed to an election WE, THE PEOPLE, would actually have a choice ... but he's too scared to give us one

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 24 September 2019, 12:31:41 »

And now, to top it all, that great British institution bargain hunt is late so that the rubber gobbed Gina Miller can spout her shite. Pah!

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 24 September 2019, 12:34:07 »

I'm pretty sure at this point that the politicians want one of two things:

1) String this out until the end of time. This is our new normal, now. Come 2219 we will still be arguing about Brexit.
2) String this out until the media forgets about it and then quietly cancel Brexit, dissolving Parliament and replacing the queen with Juncker.

Both preposterous situations, but only as preposterous as the fact that we are STILL TALKING ABOUT BREXIT IN 2019!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 September 2019, 12:53:29 »

so you would prefer a solution that was known to be illegal before it was implemented?

Johnson's MO  has always been to gamble on the first idea he thought of and bluff his way through. It gets less likely to work the higher up the greasy pole it's tried.
Not legal because of a law passed the day before? I'll take my chances. It could also legally be suggested that we left on March 31st and no one but Barnsley noticed.

Leaving is still the best chance we have. I mean, the current status quo is ridiculous whichever way you cut it, and remaining now will set us back at least as far as leaving, making neither choice an option.

If we remain from our current position we may as well close parliament permanently.

Surely better to get this shambles over with and follow it up immediately with the next GE, regardless of who wants one, or not or why, clear house and move on.

That's not about being patriotic or anti EU, but rather anti the current regime and it's eternal disinterest in both the country and it's electorate.

That is what really needs sorting and for all his faults, what I believe Boris is/was trying to achieve.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 September 2019, 13:12:35 »

I wonder if Boris could appeal to the ECJ ?  ;D

My suggestion some time ago was to stay in the EU for five more years now n the express understanding that in 2024 there would be a ( another) final vote following proper presentation of pros and cons. That wont fly as the next government could just change that .

I think I would still vote out purely on the two counts of:

Unelected EU leaders taking us all in a way that suits the establishment and not Britain

Likelihood of being dragged into armed conflict in Eastern Europe over the EU empire expansion plans.  We should be able to decide what conflicts we participate in.

Lets just roll over and be an EU colony to fund the EU expansion. Stuff the future , it is after all ( apparently) the young that want to be in the EU.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.