Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Poll

On March 29th 2019, the UK leaves the EU. In light of this point, is it better either to proceed in the manner of this deal, ie as a difficult compromise; or to instead to risk political chaos and the undoubtable economic carnage that this will bring?[

Accept deal of compromise as tabled.
- 5 (27.8%)
Face the consequences of unprecedented political turmoil and the predictable economic fallout resulting from the rejection of the deal.
- 12 (66.7%)
Accept deal of compromise with an amendment to the Baskstop provision.
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: 12 December 2018, 17:17:52

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit Deal acceptance.  (Read 8394 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit Deal acceptance.
« Reply #60 on: 16 December 2018, 23:10:36 »

Are you Irish? It would explain a lot.  ;D
No. 

I think the explanation is probably that I am a lot more intelligent, better educated and and better informed than you.

But inexperienced. That's the only explanation for stating such a thing in a thread about the most contentious and unsolvable political problem for the last 3 decades. Although doing so in any political thread is a pretty daft thing to do.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 16 December 2018, 23:31:26 »

Rule One:

Don't feed the trolls.

Rule Two:

Refer to Rule One.

;D ;D ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #62 on: 17 December 2018, 08:58:36 »

Five pages of god knows what that seems to have descended into trolling and troll bait, so.. going back a bit.

swmbo is asking me what we need to start stock piling first  :-\

Bullets.

That works for me.  :y

On Darius point 1. Mays agreement with the EU tears up/ breaches/ nullifies the good Friday agreement. It alters the status of Northern Ireland, and the good Friday agreement forbids that without the consent of the people of Northern Ireland.  ;)

Did the good folks of NI vote in the Referendum? If they did then they must have made their intentions clear because surely they understood there would need to be a change/reversal of the Good Friday agreement at that point. Therefore they also voted to nullify the agreement. Problem solved.

STEMO

« Reply #63 on: 17 December 2018, 11:11:53 »

Five pages of god knows what that seems to have descended into trolling and troll bait, so.. going back a bit.

Bullets.

On Darius point 1. Mays agreement with the EU tears up/ breaches/ nullifies the good Friday agreement. It alters the status of Northern Ireland, and the good Friday agreement forbids that without the consent of the people of Northern Ireland.  ;)

Did the good folks of NI vote in the Referendum? If they did then they must have made their intentions clear because surely they understood there would need to be a change/reversal of the Good Friday agreement at that point. Therefore they also voted to nullify the agreement. Problem solved.
OOOOOOO I love it when you're dominant, Aaron  :-*

aaronjb

« Reply #64 on: 17 December 2018, 11:26:12 »

;D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 17 December 2018, 12:50:08 »

Bullets.

The referendum result in itself had no effect on the agreement. The proposed deal however does. Despite the fact that the deal is claimed to be worded the way it is in order to preserve the agreement.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 17 December 2018, 12:58:27 »

The border 'issue' and backstop are a scam.  Nothing more than that.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 17 December 2018, 13:10:04 »

Agreed.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 19 December 2018, 18:27:09 »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 19 December 2018, 23:59:38 »

I had to laugh today listening to Vine on R2 when they were discussing the consequences of No Deal. 

There was a female journalist  from The Times who was preaching doom, gloom and the apocalypse, and a UKIP peer (Lord Pearson?  :-\). As soon as he said that people were getting a bit hysterical about it all, she immediately became hysterical and was shouting over him, wouldn't let him speak etc etc  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 20 December 2018, 00:06:51 »

A lot of people ( so called experts , former mps, former pms etc) have made a lot of appearance money for tv shows. It really is in everyones interest apart from joe public for the show to run and run

I am trying to digest what the EUs no deal plans actually mean. There is one about uk pet passports not being recognised after a year ( from memory) . No doubt Britain will respond tat for tit. Bit awkward for anyone with a pet on their travels..... not many affected I know but might affect me and the mutt.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 20 December 2018, 00:24:08 »

I am trying to digest what the EUs no deal plans actually mean.

Yes the interesting one is that British hauliers will have to get permits to operate on the continent and there are only a small amount of permits available.  :-\  Although they have announced a 9 month period of grace.  ::)

I've heard this mentioned several times in the armageddon scenarios promoted by the re-mainstream media.  Presumably though EU truckers will have to get permits also to operate in the UK, and there will be even less permits available as we are much smaller than the EU. This is never mentioned.  ::)

How many Irish lorries cross our country on their way to the continent?  ???  The government should give priority to hauliers delivering stuff before those just transiting.  :y

I'm sure Mssrs Varadkar and Coveney will understand!  :)

« Last Edit: 20 December 2018, 00:26:27 by Sir Tigger QC »

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 20 December 2018, 02:30:00 »

So the way, I see it is at the end of March when we crash out of the EU all rights to the existing free trade agreement will end.  ???
Do we have the infrastructure in place at our international gateways to clear the present levels of imports from euroland  thru customs. I suppose the international air terminals we also fail to cope.

I suppose another way to look at it is, thousands of jobs will be created  :y by international brokers & couriers in the stampede to keep the flow of goods into the market place.

Tarrifs will need to be pitched high enough to pay for all this or will they just pass the cost on to us via higher prices for anything imported  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 20 December 2018, 02:46:29 »

Stop whining ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 20 December 2018, 10:14:39 »

So the way, I see it is at the end of March when we crash out of the EU all rights to the existing free trade agreement will end.  ???
Do we have the infrastructure in place at our international gateways to clear the present levels of imports from euroland  thru customs. I suppose the international air terminals we also fail to cope.

I suppose another way to look at it is, thousands of jobs will be created  :y by international brokers & couriers in the stampede to keep the flow of goods into the market place.

Tarrifs will need to be pitched high enough to pay for all this or will they just pass the cost on to us via higher prices for anything imported  :-\

I really don't buy this guff about all the trucks coming into Dover having to be stopped and searched causing huge delays.  ::)

At other big ports like Felixstowe, Southampton etc they physically check a tiny percentage of containers coming from outside the EU.  Between 1% and 4% are figures I've seen quoted.

Lord Wolfson head of Next was on Andrew Marr a couple of months ago and in response to Marr's claim of food rotting on the docks due to customs delays, said that his containers coming from the Far East for Next were generally on the road to their destination within an hour of being unloaded from the ship. I think it's reasonable to assume that he knows what he's talking about.  ;)

Have a look around your local supermarket and you'll find fresh produce from far and wide.  Fish from Iceland and Vietnam, vegetables from Kenya, Ghana and Peru, fruit from South Africa and Costa Rica, salad from Israel, tomatoes from Morocco, flowers from Kenya.  Non of these places are in the EU but we never hear of stuff from these countries rotting on the docks...

The obvious reposte to the above is that "Ah but these countries have trade agreements with the EU which we will lose" which may be true, but I'm sure that these countries will be keen to do a quick deal to keep trade flowing.  As I understand things Liam Fox's International Trade Dept has 'Cut n Paste' agreements ready to go, pending further arrangements for these countries that the EU has FTA's with.  :y

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.