Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkmeet 2010.  (Read 7842 times)

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkmeet 2010.
« Reply #30 on: 22 January 2010, 23:17:21 »

Davethediver, add your name to the attendees list showing caravan/tent etc. & you're in pal. Look forward to seeing you. Hercules, you're only a hop & skip along the M62 so no excuses, get your name down as well matey. :y
right gonna put mi name down if nobody minds mi kids(note to self i must do electrics on mi towbar) ;D

Pretty sure other peeps have had their ankle-biters there previously, so no worries!

:y
Loving the Vectra C 2.2 diesel!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 January 2010, 01:17:51 »

Davethediver, add your name to the attendees list showing caravan/tent etc. & you're in pal. Look forward to seeing you. Hercules, you're only a hop & skip along the M62 so no excuses, get your name down as well matey. :y
right gonna put mi name down if nobody minds mi kids(note to self i must do electrics on mi towbar) ;D

Pretty sure other peeps have had their ankle-biters there previously, so no worries!

Yep, no problems :y Miss Vamps, aged 9 will be there, so others of a similar age would be more than welcome, just bring their DS... :D :D :D

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 January 2010, 22:15:16 »

Weekend 10th 11th april? I'll have just turned 47 by then......erm ..... i meant 24!!!!! :y ::)
Curry makes the world go round!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 January 2010, 22:30:39 »

Weekend 10th 11th april? I'll have just turned 47 by then......erm ..... i meant 24!!!!! :y ::)

You'll be playing 'catch up' with me then ..... and others  ;)  :y  :y  :y

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 January 2010, 23:33:09 »

Some of us still look well on it though mate.
   It's not looking old it's looking distinguished!!!! :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 January 2010, 00:01:56 »

Not many though ;D ;D :P :P
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 January 2010, 02:03:51 »

Not many though ;D ;D :P :P
If only you knew the dark of the powerslide??? ::) 8-)

sexydaz

« Reply #37 on: 30 January 2010, 14:29:29 »

so being as young and spritely as i am does this mean im gonna be surrounded by codgers ;D

v6fletch

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 January 2010, 17:14:30 »

hmmmmmm   was thinkin of bringin " lady olivia " an "bob "  but not sure bout the distance ...bit far to york mate an ive not got me passport yet ...

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 January 2010, 22:36:55 »

hmmmmmm   was thinkin of bringin " lady olivia " an "bob "  but not sure bout the distance ...bit far to york mate an ive not got me passport yet ...

You can apply for a Yorkshire Passport or "Visitor From Somewhere Else" Visa (Maximum stay of 28 days) from City of York council.

Postal address:
City of York Council,
Library Square,
York,
YO1 7DU

Email: ycc@york.gov.uk

You WILL have to stop at Passport Control on the Yorkshire side of the Humber Bridge or Meadowhall at Sheffield (dedicated lane on the M1).
You WILL need proof of ID, your Visa, and four weeks wage slips to prove you can support yourself for the time you are in God's Own County.
There WILL be a short test to determine your Englishness and a lollipop for the kids (30p each, available at the counter) if you are allowed in.

For your information:
There are plans for further Yorkshire Passport Controls being built to help stop the influx of 'Suvverners', 'Geordies', 'Monkey-hangers', Red Roses and 'Scots' into The Ridings on a permanent basis.
These will be at Huddersfield (A62), Middlesborough (A19) Scotch Corner (A1). All lesser and minor roads in to the Fair County are being watched, manned and defended by local farmers with Land Rover Defenders (usually blue ones) and shotguns (guns that fire shot). We have our own Coastguard infrastructure almost in place so don't even think about a sneaky one round Flamborough Head of an evening.
Our airports at Leeds/Bradford, Ool and Doncaster have their own measures in place.

These measures are being taken in the likely event of the Rest of England falling to the will and wish of Johnny Foreign types, so The People's Republic of Yorkshire can keep calm and carry on.
Should England fall, then there are secret measure to ensure that everyone n Yorkshire is kept safe and well. Unless you're from "Somewhere Else" in which case, you'll be sent packing with no cash incentive or other financial help offered or implied. The alternative will be accommodation in Noth Pakistan (Bradford on other people's maps) or Ool. (Hull on other people's maps).
If you have proof of being born in Yorkshire, then you might find a small donation (upwards of the price of a pint) to The People's Republic Of Yorkshire will smooth the way to finding a more permanent residency within the boundaries of York, North, South, West and the East Riding of Yorkshire.

« Last Edit: 30 January 2010, 22:37:21 by PedroMV6 »

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 January 2010, 22:37:45 »

That was SUCH a good dream.................

sexydaz

« Reply #41 on: 30 January 2010, 23:19:15 »

That was SUCH a good dream.................

v6fletch

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31 January 2010, 01:00:22 »

You can apply for a Yorkshire Passport or "Visitor From Somewhere Else" Visa (Maximum stay of 28 days) from City of York council.

Postal address:
City of York Council,
Library Square,
York,
YO1 7DU

You WILL have to stop at Passport Control on the Yorkshire side of the Humber Bridge or Meadowhall at Sheffield (dedicated lane on the M1).
You WILL need proof of ID, your Visa, and four weeks wage slips to prove you can support yourself for the time you are in God's Own County.
There WILL be a short test to determine your Englishness and a lollipop for the kids (30p each, available at the counter) if you are allowed in.

For your information:
There are plans for further Yorkshire Passport Controls being built to help stop the influx of 'Suvverners', 'Geordies', 'Monkey-hangers', Red Roses and 'Scots' into The Ridings on a permanent basis.
These will be at Huddersfield (A62), Middlesborough (A19) Scotch Corner (A1). All lesser and minor roads in to the Fair County are being watched, manned and defended by local farmers with Land Rover Defenders (usually blue ones) and shotguns (guns that fire shot). We have our own Coastguard infrastructure almost in place so don't even think about a sneaky one round Flamborough Head of an evening.
Our airports at Leeds/Bradford, Ool and Doncaster have their own measures in place.

These measures are being taken in the likely event of the Rest of England falling to the will and wish of Johnny Foreign types, so The People's Republic of Yorkshire can keep calm and carry on.
Should England fall, then there are secret measure to ensure that everyone n Yorkshire is kept safe and well. Unless you're from "Somewhere Else" in which case, you'll be sent packing with no cash incentive or other financial help offered or implied. The alternative will be accommodation in Noth Pakistan (Bradford on other people's maps) or Ool. (Hull on other people's maps).
If you have proof of being born in Yorkshire, then you might find a small donation (upwards of the price of a pint) to The People's Republic Of Yorkshire will smooth the way to finding a more permanent residency within the boundaries of York, North, South, West and the East Riding of Yorkshire.

dear sir / madman ,after reading with great interest the small print on my request to enter the universe known as  yorkshire , i cant help but notice no form of mention as to the dubious characters whom roam the badlands of lincolnshire ( also known to many as the lincolnshire yellowbellies).As i class myself as the afore mentioned  may i asume that no legal requirement of passport documention will be required,as i shant be crossing the humber bridge due to the medical conditions of vertigo and  hydrophobia , and most of my journey will be made by horse an cart i shall be travelling via field and bridalway.Could you please verify this to be   all in order i shall be starting my long journey tomorrow.
                yours most sincerely

v6fletch , local urchin,chicken thief and general vagabond , as yet unknown to the local constabulary.     ..
 i think.   ps i shall be accompanied by other dodgy characters of the well known "Fletcher clan " ie fletches mrs  and kids
« Last Edit: 31 January 2010, 01:03:36 by fletch »

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 January 2010, 10:51:24 »

Postal address:
City of York Council,
Library Square,
York,
YO1 7DU

For your information:

dear sir / madman ,after reading with great interest the small print on my request to enter the universe known as  yorkshire , i cant help but notice no form of mention as to the dubious characters whom roam the badlands of lincolnshire ( also known to many as the lincolnshire yellowbellies).As i class myself as the afore mentioned  may i asume that no legal requirement of passport documention will be required,as i shant be crossing the humber bridge due to the medical conditions of vertigo and  hydrophobia , and most of my journey will be made by horse an cart i shall be travelling via field and bridalway.Could you please verify this to be   all in order i shall be starting my long journey tomorrow.
                yours most sincerely

v6fletch , local urchin,chicken thief and general vagabond , as yet unknown to the local constabulary.     ..
 i think.   ps i shall be accompanied by other dodgy characters of the well known "Fletcher clan " ie fletches mrs  and kids

Dear Mr. V6letch - sorry, Fletch.
Yer from t'other side o'big bridge.
Thas a sootherner.
Know wot Oi mean? ;D

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 January 2010, 20:17:52 »

I've just had a phone call from Ian_D. He's spoken to the site chappie & unfortunatly the site is fully booked on the weekend in question & no dates available in April. The earliest is early March or the latest 15th or 22nd May.
   May is a little close to this years Lakesmeet which is looking to be a good'n so would only be suitable for local folk who don't want to travel too far. As for March it would be a tad cold for camping & entertaining junior oofers although the pavilion bar can be slept in, pump up your mattresses & make your beds as you would if tenting + full access & use of kitchen, toilets etc.
    Otherwise it has been suggested just a few of us with caravans go anyway. Ian, myself, Stuy117 Andy B & Annette, i believe Hercules has a van & is local etc.

Suffice to say The april meet is OFF sorry, Guy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.