Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coolant Fans  (Read 1361 times)

ThirdMan

• Iver Heath, South Bucks
    • View Profile
Coolant Fans
« on: 19 October 2006, 14:36:09 »

Anyone know what controls the coolant fans?    '99 3.0 Elite (with three fans)  The only one that seems to run is the front offside Aux fan.     The Main fan (between radiator & engine) doesn't seem to work anytime.          Haynes wiring diagrams are beyond me!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant Fans
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2006, 14:38:03 »

sensor is in top of rad, near battery. There are relays in relay box, but the layout seems to vary...
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2006, 14:40:26 »

Anyone know what controls the coolant fans?    '99 3.0 Elite (with three fans)  The only one that seems to run is the front offside Aux fan.     The Main fan (between radiator & engine) doesn't seem to work anytime.          Haynes wiring diagrams are beyond me!!

Is your engine overheating?

ThirdMan

• Iver Heath, South Bucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2006, 14:48:40 »

[/quote]

Well, now & again the temp is right up and the red light is on!
Ran it in the drive this morning and at between 90 - 95 degrees the Aux fan comes in, but the main fan didn't start at all.
Usually on a run it's 97 ish.     No problem till you get stuck in a jam!

STMO123

« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2006, 14:54:48 »

Well, now & again the temp is right up and the red light is on!
Ran it in the drive this morning and at between 90 - 95 degrees the Aux fan comes in, but the main fan didn't start at all.
Usually on a run it's 97 ish.     No problem till you get stuck in a jam![/quote]

Needs sorting pronto! Dont run it with the red light on or you'll be looking at more than a fan switch.

richaber

• Aberystwyth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2006, 18:22:34 »

my second aux fan didn't run when i had the car but it was just stuck, once i'd span it by hand it was fine and has worked ever since. I thought the main and aux fans should come on independantly as temp rose but all 3 come on together. The two aux ones come on as soon as A/c on. Does anyone know where the coolant level sensor is????

STMO123

« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2006, 18:25:02 »

my second aux fan didn't run when i had the car but it was just stuck, once i'd span it by hand it was fine and has worked ever since. I thought the main and aux fans should come on independantly as temp rose but all 3 come on together. The two aux ones come on as soon as A/c on. Does anyone know where the coolant level sensor is????

Coolant level sensor is usually at the bottom of the expansion tank

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 October 2006, 18:26:31 »

coolant sensor in expansion bottle

iirc, 1 fan should come on with a/c
I studied the wiring diags a couple of months ago, and if I recall, the 2 engine fans come on together, but have 2 speeds depending on temp
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.