Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 Intermittent starting fault.  (Read 3105 times)

ted_one

Re: 3.2 Intermittent starting fault.
« Reply #30 on: 05 February 2013, 09:16:54 »

Cheers Chris,put the code reader on it this morning and no codes,I guess perhaps because this problem has only just started to develope and got to guess it'll get progressively worse. I'm thinking that through every ones advice given so far that they are correct and that this is the cause of the problem,the car has done 80.000 miles now and even if it turns out by a slim chance that it's not the crank sensor then it's at least the part must be due to be replaced so for the moment that's going to be the way to go :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 February 2013, 09:23:18 »

Wouldn't hurt to get it now as a spare but if there's no code then I wonder if it might be something else :-\
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 February 2013, 09:29:57 »

If your code reader cannot read "stored codes" and only reads "active codes" it is quite possible that the cranksensor code won't show all the time ... it would only show while the engine won't start ... if the engine starts then there is no fault so the code won't show ..  if that makes any sort of sense... :)

At least thats how I understand it .. :)

ted_one

« Reply #33 on: 05 February 2013, 09:47:04 »

Thanks for the info,I think I'm going to have to go down the process of elimination route..probably not the cheapest and for some not the most logical but it's a starting point I guess :y

aaronjb

« Reply #34 on: 05 February 2013, 10:16:14 »

I had no codes (pending or active) when my crank sensor died - same as you it would fail to fire now and then until eventually it died completely.

Ditto to Chris' offer - feel free to pop round if you'd rather not get bent over by a garage for a 10 minute job ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05 February 2013, 10:22:54 »

I had no codes (pending or active) when my crank sensor died - same as you it would fail to fire now and then until eventually it died completely.

Ditto to Chris' offer - feel free to pop round if you'd rather not get bent over by a garage for a 10 minute job ;)

Yep, exactly the same here too. Starting a little slow for a couple of days and then immobilised - thankfully at home. No codes.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ted_one

« Reply #36 on: 05 February 2013, 10:50:11 »

Thanks to every one for your solid advice and offers of help,just waiting for an answer from AndyC for availability/price,local VX has'nt got one but can get one in a couple of days,so it's going to be a short wait for the part :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05 February 2013, 11:04:44 »

I know its a fair trog .. but I have a spare here (well in the boot  :) ) should you need it faster ?? You can then replace it when yours turns up ?

Swindon area

:)

ted_one

« Reply #38 on: 05 February 2013, 11:24:41 »

Many thanks for the offer Entwood,there's no great hurry as I've already decided to take another car up to The Red Baron's meet at the weekend,then I'll get it sorted out sometime next week :y :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.