Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Todays Travels  (Read 1603 times)

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
Todays Travels
« on: 24 August 2006, 20:57:06 »

Today had to travel to one of our offices.  This meant a journey from Uxbridge (near Heathrow) to Droitwich (near Birmingham).  Distance wise, it is a little over 100 miles each way.

Company policy states that if travelling on company business we have to use a company car.  The car today was a 2003 Golf.  Whilst the TD engine had nice power and crusing at 80 in 6th gear resulted in 2.2K RPM with a wonderful economy of nearly 50 to the gallon, I finished the journey both ways stiff and aching.  I could not obtain a comfortable driving position despite copious adjustments of the seat.

Boy was I gald to climb into the Omega to drive home tonight!

Sorry about that - rant over!
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Travels
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2006, 21:03:59 »

I drove a MK4 golf it was a crap driving position and pretty uncomfortable like u say omega's are very very comfy cars
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2006, 21:22:47 »

Today had to travel to one of our offices.  This meant a journey from Uxbridge (near Heathrow) to Droitwich (near Birmingham).  Distance wise, it is a little over 100 miles each way.

Company policy states that if travelling on company business we have to use a company car.  The car today was a 2003 Golf.  Whilst the TD engine had nice power and crusing at 80 in 6th gear resulted in 2.2K RPM with a wonderful economy of nearly 50 to the gallon, I finished the journey both ways stiff and aching.  I could not obtain a comfortable driving position despite copious adjustments of the seat.

Boy was I gald to climb into the Omega to drive home tonight!

Sorry about that - rant over!

Not far from my work (Inkberrow)

My Carlton was bought off me by the company and given to me as a company car as I was doing too many miles for work.

Handy as it meant welding for MOT paid by work.

However it was a paper transaction as I was still registered keeper

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2006, 21:27:19 »

There are very few cars that I find as comfy as the Omega, being fairly tall at 6ft4 ish... leg room is important to.

Most cars i have to put the seat as far back as possible, but not in the Omega.

I drove my grandparents new Polo its basically the new model just would that slighly differnt nose, and i could not get the seat back enough for me. Very tight for space, and the ride was apauling very very choppy.

Same with my mums Nissan Almera, seat does not go back enough and results in a very uncomftable position.

So when I come to replace my megga it will have to be a Monaro!!... DAMN!  ;) ;D

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2006, 21:28:17 »

I cant say I have driven a golf but I have been a passenger in one and even the passenger seat was not the best so I wouldn't like to guess what the drivers seat is like.

Still atleast you had your omega to come back too. ;D

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2006, 22:00:00 »

It was pure heaven getting back into the Omega.  I don't know if all Vauxhall's models are built for comfort, but I can travel for miles in both the Omega and the Cavalier with not the slightest ache at the end of the trip!

Ny mum has a polo, an auto, the seats in that are like lumps of wood.  Very hard.  Would not fancy going very far in that - perhaps that's why when we go on family business, I get the job of driving! ;D
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2006, 22:04:25 »

think rocks would be better than seats in the Polo!  ;D

Ford's sporty seats I found are very comfy, my early Mondeo Si had bucket sport seats & were very very comfy and supportive. Just the apauling ride which let it down!  ;D

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2006, 09:48:20 »

My company's car fleet are predominantly (coo....big word for this time of morning) VW Golfs. Having driven them from time to time they appear to be quite comfortable at first, although a little firm, but on longer journeys I definitely end up with back ache and a sore ar*e. Most of our fleet drivers say much the same thing and.....yes, it's divine to get back in the miggie :)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.