Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 1959.....innocent times.  (Read 6384 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: 1959.....innocent times.
« Reply #30 on: 22 June 2020, 21:13:12 »

Priced using the tried and tested ' think of a big number ' method.
On Saturday, someone paid £3,400 for a Mk1 three door Astra. In brown...

So anything is possible  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 June 2020, 23:21:23 »

I believe it was only the early Austin variants of the mini that were badged as Austin 7 Mini while the Morris versions were Morris Mini Minor.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 June 2020, 21:40:39 »

1959 was a vintage year.  :) ::)

Issigonniss launched the Austin Mini Seven, and in great British tradition, it was under *developed, poorly engineered and still a great success for 40 years. 

*My dad had one that leaked from the floor when it rained and had 3 gearboxes under warranty.

I remember seeing one or two early Mini badged as Austin Seven.

There was a Morris Mini Seven and an Austin Mini Seven, and later a BLMC mini and a leyland mini, and eventually a Rover mini. all as shite as the last. (Says the man who despite his father's advice owned 4 at different times. (2 at once)

Do not forget also the Riley Elf and the Wolsey Hornet, one of the latter, a 1968 Hornet III we had in our car collection for 6 years. :D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 July 2020, 17:43:32 »

Issigonniss launched the Austin Mini Seven, and in great British tradition, it was under *developed, poorly engineered and still a great success for 40 years. 

*My dad had one that leaked from the floor when it rained and had 3 gearboxes under warranty.

There was a Morris Mini Seven and an Austin Mini Seven, and later a BLMC mini and a leyland mini, and eventually a Rover mini. all as shite as the last. (Says the man who despite his father's advice owned 4 at different times. (2 at once)

Do not forget also the Riley Elf and the Wolsey Hornet, one of the latter, a 1968 Hornet III we had in our car collection for 6 years. :D ;)

Horrible things.

The genetic mutations of the car world. :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 July 2020, 18:55:31 »

Horrible things.

The genetic mutations of the car world. :D

This Riley Elf looks like fun!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 July 2020, 19:18:20 »

Why when people return to the good ol' days, do they go gooey eyed for the old bangers,and desperately want one..  Would I fook want an old bag of nails,  If I was offered an original Shelby, yes please and sell it straight away.   

Hoof'land storeman.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 July 2020, 19:33:56 »

My first car was the Austin 7 version. That was in 1960, it cost £550, and I bought it in London so that I could part exchange my Velocette Venom in the deal The power of the Austin 7 was 32bhp, against 36 from the Velocette. My friend Roger Barge bought a Hillman Imp later, and allowed me to drive it to a wedding in Birmingham. It went well. I recall the engine was based on a Coventry Climax fire pump engine, all alloy. The throttle 'cable' on the early models was pneumatic, a hose running from throttle pedal to carburretor butterfly; wonderfully light and friction free, but too light for its own good, and caused throttle butterfly pivots to wear out prematurely, and was replaced on later models with a conventional bowden cable.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.