Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Next Holiday Abroad  (Read 9528 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Your Next Holiday Abroad
« Reply #30 on: 04 July 2020, 12:48:22 »

My granddaughter was in the pub when it opened at 10am. She is a teacher in W0kingham. Weren't the teaching unions saying a few weeks ago that it was wrong to reopen the schools for the fear of Covid for their members?  ::) Told her to maintain social distancing. :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 July 2020, 22:35:20 »

Didn't notice so much activity around the pubs but there were queues aplenty at the barbers/hairdressers,some with better social distancing being observed than others.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 July 2020, 23:23:02 »

So far I've had two holdays cancelled this year (still waiting on refunds, thanks easyJet  ::) )

I've got flights booked for Oct 28th to Fuerteventura, as I hope by then the 'new normal' will be well-seasoned.

Just wondering if anyone has any future plans for a Holiday abroad?  When and where do you plan to go?  Are you worried bout it?  Do you think you will actually travel?

Even pre-Covid 19 the whole idea of cramming myself into an aluminium tube with a few hundred oiks coughing, spluttering and sneezing over everyone has very little appeal. I have travel plans but none involve air travel or God forbid, a Cruise! If it's not a few days drive from Calais, I don't want to go there yet.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 July 2020, 07:08:38 »

I concur about squeezing into a metal tube with hundreds of others in order to get somewhere, but I will suffer it once in a while if I really have to.
A cruise on the other hand is my idea of hell on earth. I would rather jump off the side of a cruise ship than have to spend weeks sailing around on one.
As for driving to places from Calais ! You do know its in French France, which is full of French people dont you ?  :o  ;D

Ive done a fair bit of foreign travel in the past, but I cant see much, if any of it on the horizon in the future. Just cant be arsed with it tbh.
I havent even bothered going back to Norn Irn in the five years since I went over for 12 hours to attend my Dads funeral.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 July 2020, 09:47:06 »

As for driving to places from Calais ! You do know its in French France, which is full of French people dont you ?  :o ;D

you could drive to Germany in less time than Paris....

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 July 2020, 10:10:05 »

As for driving to places from Calais ! You do know its in French France, which is full of French people dont you ?  :o ;D

you could drive to Germany in less time than Paris....

The food is better up that way too 👍

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 July 2020, 21:02:25 »

I am going to Wakefield this week. Visa and jabs sorted. Having a run in with Yorkshire Sculpture Park. 500 acres of open land and they can’t be arsed to open.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 July 2020, 10:34:33 »

I have to go to Guildford next week.  That pikey shithole should have border control :(
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 July 2020, 16:00:43 »

I have to go to Guildford next week.  That pikey shithole should have border control :(

why do you think they keep lots of soldiers in nearby Aldershot?

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 July 2020, 19:08:20 »

I concur about squeezing into a metal tube with hundreds of others in order to get somewhere, but I will suffer it once in a while if I really have to.
A cruise on the other hand is my idea of hell on earth. I would rather jump off the side of a cruise ship than have to spend weeks sailing around on one.
As for driving to places from Calais ! You do know its in French France, which is full of French people dont you ?  :o  ;D

Ive done a fair bit of foreign travel in the past, but I cant see much, if any of it on the horizon in the future. Just cant be arsed with it tbh.
I havent even bothered going back to Norn Irn in the five years since I went over for 12 hours to attend my Dads funeral.

I used to say that until I tried one many years ago. Love to cruise now though, only 10- 14 days, and only luxury ones. Made some very good friends over the years.:y
I would not cruise now with C-19.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 July 2020, 19:30:35 »

I used to say that until I tried one many years ago. Love to cruise now though, only 10- 14 days, and only luxury ones. Made some very good friends over the years.:y

I'd have thought cruise liners are giant floating petri dishes at the best of times.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07 July 2020, 22:15:35 »

I'd have thought cruise liners are giant floating petri dishes at the best of times.  ::)
Quite the opposite. They have strict disease control procedures in place, so that if one of the great unwashed sneak into an inside cabin, they can curtail any outbreaks sharpish ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08 July 2020, 00:00:35 »

Cruises . . . .

I know people who go on cruises. Regardless of Covid19, I would not want to spend time locked inside a tin can with them or people like them.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08 July 2020, 08:06:30 »

Watched the TV programme about cruises and how Covid 19 spread amongst the passengers wouldn't go on one if you paid me too big  & too many people, so cleaning would undoubtedly be a rush job, it's human nature I'm afraid .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08 July 2020, 09:50:40 »

My pops is an avid fan of Cunard and spends outrageous sums on multiple cruises yearly, he's even got a Cunard Gillet ! ;D

Not my cup of tea !
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.