Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: rolling coal.  (Read 3864 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: rolling coal.
« Reply #15 on: 23 July 2014, 22:18:23 »

Although I did chuckle at the footage of the truck passing the cyclists and engulfing them in a thick cloud of black sooty smoke!  ;D

And if it was a child/children/a baby/babies/a mother/a grandfather/a grandmother/someone's sister/someone's brother, would you still chuckle? What exactly positions cyclists at such a level that you think it is humane/normal to do such a thing to them? Perhaps running them over with a car is "chuckle inducing" as well?

Back to the OP, you would have to be an American/an idiot/a moron to even consider that this was a normal thing to do.

D, It's a disgusting thing to laugh at other people's misfortune even if they are cyclists, but I'm only human and thus have my weaknesses.  :-\   I am however not such a bastard that I would laugh at a baby or someones granny being engulfed in such fumes or indeed getting run over.  ::) 

It's probably that there is a minority of cyclists who routinely and blatantly ignore the rules of the road by doing things like riding on the pavement, riding through red lights etc that positions them for my chuckles, Oh and that many of them look ridiculous in lycra!!  ;D

It was childish and pathetic to chuckle, and I apologise if I offended you or indeed any of our lycra loving members!  :(  However, there is a faction within the cycling fraternity who are in my opinion sanctimonious gits, and it was that type of cyclist that I was thinking of when I chuckled!  ;D  :y

HTH   :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 July 2014, 22:30:49 »

Although I did chuckle at the footage of the truck passing the cyclists and engulfing them in a thick cloud of black sooty smoke!  ;D

And if it was a child/children/a baby/babies/a mother/a grandfather/a grandmother/someone's sister/someone's brother, would you still chuckle? What exactly positions cyclists at such a level that you think it is humane/normal to do such a thing to them? Perhaps running them over with a car is "chuckle inducing" as well?

Back to the OP, you would have to be an American/an idiot/a moron to even consider that this was a normal thing to do.

D, It's a disgusting thing to laugh at other people's misfortune even if they are cyclists, but I'm only human and thus have my weaknesses.  :-\   I am however not such a bastard that I would laugh at a baby or someones granny being engulfed in such fumes or indeed getting run over.  ::) 

It's probably that there is a minority of cyclists who routinely and blatantly ignore the rules of the road by doing things like riding on the pavement, riding through red lights etc that positions them for my chuckles, Oh and that many of them look ridiculous in lycra!!  ;D

It was childish and pathetic to chuckle, and I apologise if I offended you or indeed any of our lycra loving members!  :(  However, there is a faction within the cycling fraternity who are in my opinion sanctimonious gits, and it was that type of cyclist that I was thinking of when I chuckled!  ;D  :y

This kind Cyclist punches lorry driver perhaps?
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 23 July 2014, 23:02:56 »

What's wrong with Nickleback ???

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 July 2014, 08:14:48 »

And they introduced adblue to hgv's which has nearly eliminated the soot from exhausts now!

For info, adblue (piss) does nothing for the soot, that's the job of the DPF, the adblue reduces the NOx  :y

candyman

• Carrickfergus, N Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 July 2014, 09:16:31 »

And they introduced adblue to hgv's which has nearly eliminated the soot from exhausts now!

For info, adblue (piss) does nothing for the soot, that's the job of the DPF, the adblue reduces the NOx  :y

Thought the nox was part of the soot problem. Trucks up till e5 only had the cats but e6 has got a whole lot messier! I just try to fix the things, keeping the warning light off on e5 is enough. There does seem to be a lot less smoke and soot with adblue.
ongoing projects- 99 3.0 elite est, 90 xr4x4 est twin turbo. expensive ornament- mz baghira supermoto. mk2 granada 2.8 gradualy disappearing in storage

mrgreen

• Salzburg/austria
    • 2000 2.2 petrol estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 July 2014, 09:18:35 »

[

Come on they all look ridiculous in Lycra and over here the race cyclists are fanatics and will ride in the middle of the road to avoid pebbles , Austria has spent literally millions on bike paths and these guys deem themselves too good to use them.
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 July 2014, 09:23:07 »

If the cycle paths are anything like over here, though, they were designed by some desk-jockey who's never has his @rse anywhere near a saddle, hence doesn't understand that cyclists want to make constant progress instead of dismount and cross a road every 100m.  ::)

There is no reason why cyclists shouldn't ride on the road without impeding other traffic and vice versa, as long as both parties are considerate, which rarely happens, IMHO.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 July 2014, 11:29:04 »

Thought the nox was part of the soot problem. Trucks up till e5 only had the cats but e6 has got a whole lot messier! I just try to fix the things, keeping the warning light off on e5 is enough. There does seem to be a lot less smoke and soot with adblue.

No, the NOx is the hidden pollutant which traditionally was reduced by using EGR, the Adblue works with the cat to reduce it further.

The soot is mainly unburnt fuel hence modern engines see it less with the likes of common rail improving the burn but the DPF then removes a lot of whats left.

candyman

• Carrickfergus, N Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 July 2014, 12:38:17 »

“No, the NOx is the hidden pollutant which traditionally was reduced by using EGR, the Adblue works with the cat to reduce it further.

The soot is mainly unburnt fuel hence modern engines see it less with the likes of common rail improving the burn but the DPF then removes a lot of whats left.”

In all honestly I've never looked to see what it does or meant to do, its in the training manual but I'm only worried about getting the thing running again. It can be a pain with bad adblue etc. Can't even get accurate ppm values as each individual engine is slightly different and the manufactures don't even know, its all approximate. The latest craze is to fit bypass boxes but that's a whole different story and not legal!
ongoing projects- 99 3.0 elite est, 90 xr4x4 est twin turbo. expensive ornament- mz baghira supermoto. mk2 granada 2.8 gradualy disappearing in storage

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 July 2014, 13:08:21 »

I quite agree with you. Unfortunately, that proportion is much larger amongst the car/van/truck driving population. The same type who have to jump red lights, get road rage, cut you up, dont use indicators or hog the middle lane. Yet go back home, log onto a forum and boast about how they terrorised a vulnerable cyclist with their 3 ton killing machine. Or worse still throw things at them or push them over.

For what it is worth, I dont wear lycra, but I do cycle. I also drive, currently a lot more than I cycle. Looking at it from both sides, the greater number of errors are committed by vehicle drivers rather than cyclists.

I choose to cut the lights at Elephant and Castle. This is because if I wait for the lights to turn green, I have a swarm of trucks/HGVs/cars trying to cut me up and kill me. I choose to start pedalling 10 secs earlier than the light turning green for my own safety. No one will understand the fright of a HGV cutting you up (as a cyclist). It cannot be described, only experienced.

There are certain parts of London where I will choose to pedal on the pavement (provided there are no/few pedestrians), because the cycle lane has a gutter every 15m and numerous ruts and the main road is too narrow/fast to take a primary position. We all talk about handling and tramlining on 235/45 tyres. Imagine the effect a rut/gutter has on a 25mm tyre!

I think everyone who moans about cyclists should venture on a 5 mile commute through the centre of London/Manchester/Leeds and only then will you understand the disadvantage a puny pedal powered machine faces when compared to a 2 ton car.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 July 2014, 13:09:43 »

No, the NOx is the hidden pollutant which traditionally was reduced by using EGR, the Adblue works with the cat to reduce it further.

The soot is mainly unburnt fuel hence modern engines see it less with the likes of common rail improving the burn but the DPF then removes a lot of whats left.

I wondered what Adblue was, now I know. Thanks.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

05omegav6

« Reply #26 on: 24 July 2014, 13:12:33 »

I wondered what Adblue was, now I know. Thanks.
Basically processed urea :y

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 July 2014, 15:04:20 »

I quite agree with you. Unfortunately, that proportion is much larger amongst the car/van/truck driving population. The same type who have to jump red lights, get road rage, cut you up, dont use indicators or hog the middle lane. Yet go back home, log onto a forum and boast about how they terrorised a vulnerable cyclist with their 3 ton killing machine. Or worse still throw things at them or push them over.

For what it is worth, I dont wear lycra, but I do cycle. I also drive, currently a lot more than I cycle. Looking at it from both sides, the greater number of errors are committed by vehicle drivers rather than cyclists.

I choose to cut the lights at Elephant and Castle. This is because if I wait for the lights to turn green, I have a swarm of trucks/HGVs/cars trying to cut me up and kill me. I choose to start pedalling 10 secs earlier than the light turning green for my own safety. No one will understand the fright of a HGV cutting you up (as a cyclist). It cannot be described, only experienced.

There are certain parts of London where I will choose to pedal on the pavement (provided there are no/few pedestrians), because the cycle lane has a gutter every 15m and numerous ruts and the main road is too narrow/fast to take a primary position. We all talk about handling and tramlining on 235/45 tyres. Imagine the effect a rut/gutter has on a 25mm tyre!

I think everyone who moans about cyclists should venture on a 5 mile commute through the centre of London/Manchester/Leeds and only then will you understand the disadvantage a puny pedal powered machine faces when compared to a 2 ton car.

Is that not the point, you are at a massive disadvantage and a lot of modern roads and traffic levels are simply not suitable for cycling? (I cycle, but I have been in London this week and would not even consider it where I am as it just does not look safe)
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

chrisgixer

« Reply #28 on: 24 July 2014, 17:24:55 »

Christ that IS a high hoarse you have there D. Carefull you don't let it shit in the street though, you'll have some cyclist or biker off. And then where would we be? ;D

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 July 2014, 23:47:27 »

No, its ok. I have SC3 MO on my push bike. According to the suspension guru on this site nothing can upset those. I did have to get the Conti factory to specially build them for me. But once I mentioned the so called guru's name, they very quickly did the needful!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.