Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My latest rant  (Read 1929 times)

STEMO

My latest rant
« on: 02 August 2016, 19:31:53 »

Wifey got paid by BACS on Friday last week. As of yet, no payslip through the post.
I have been going on about this for years. Government departments of all persuasions telling us to stay safe online, never post up personal details or click on a link...blah, blah. And yet, every holiday period thousands of payslips are chucked in the post. These contain name, address, NI number, bank sort code and tax code. I'm not entirely sure what a potential thief would be able to do with that lot, but I'm pretty sure it would be very useful information.
Such a stupid, archaic system in today's society.
Rant not over...I'll be on the phone to them tomorrow. Not the council, of course, they don't bother with such things as payroll these days.........Capita.  >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: My latest rant
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2016, 19:43:30 »

We have an online system, but I choose to receive a hard copy... the online system has all sorts of offers and enticing things, but it is so convoluted to access that it is easier not to save a quid on cinema tickets than to get it to work ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2016, 19:49:47 »

I haven't seen a payslip in god knows we how long, I'm supposed to print them off myself, but CBA always wins
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2016, 20:33:05 »

I haven't seen a payslip in god knows we how long, I'm supposed to print them off myself, but CBA always wins
It might be a small victory against the machine, but you could print them atwork, using the Mans' printe, paper and ink...

Hell, you could print a whole ream off ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2016, 20:36:23 »

The point I'm making is, a payslip can be used as proof of identity. Try getting a mortgage without at least the last three.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2016, 21:12:37 »

The point I'm making is, a payslip can be used as proof of identity. Try getting a mortgage without at least the last three.
It seems that most young people these days can't get a mortgage even with more than one payslip.

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2016, 21:30:21 »

Work is trying to get everybody on email payslips. I point blankly said no thank you.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 August 2016, 22:01:14 »

Rant not over...I'll be on the phone to them tomorrow. Not the council, of course, they don't bother with such things as payroll these days.........Capita.  >:(

Crapita? Good luck with that. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 August 2016, 23:14:42 »

These contain name, address, NI number, bank sort code and tax code. I'm  ....

I get paid weekly  :o and am sent a payslip each week. No NI or bank sort code  ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 August 2016, 00:01:08 »

It seems that most young people these days can't get a mortgage even with more than one payslip.

I'm surprised a man of your means, bothers even talking about such trifling things, M'lud. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 03 August 2016, 14:26:19 »

Well, well. I rang at lunchtime only to be told that they don't post them out any more and they will be sent to the workplace after the holidays.
It's not often people do as you ask before you even ask.  :D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 August 2016, 16:41:00 »

BUT . . . . very often these days snail mail is regarded as more secure. Often log in details and other stuff is sent by post just in case an email address is not genuine. I recently was applying for something with HMRC and they sent an email while I was on the phone to them, and then some questions, all making sure that I was who I said I was.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 August 2016, 18:01:28 »

hmmmmmmmm. Stemo. Has wifey stopped your pocket money? Was just wondering why you need to see her payslip....  :y
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.