Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Your 2nd hand car buying experiences.  (Read 4098 times)

STEMO

Re: Your 2nd hand car buying experiences.
« Reply #15 on: 23 August 2018, 10:05:38 »

Can,t understand anyone buying a motor without test driving it, though i know a lot do.

I bought my Omega blind on ebay, kept it for 11 years and it was the 2nd best car I've had!  :y

The best was a 1980 Ford Cortina estate I bought in Sydney for £200ish, drove it the 10,000 odd miles around Oz and sold it the day before my visa ran out for £300ish!  :y
From eBay: MGZT 190+, Honda legend 3.2 V6, Saab 900 2.0T, Omega 2.0 estate. Every one of them sold on/traded when finished with and no problems.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 August 2018, 12:06:38 »

We've just brought (via ebay) an astra h 1.7cdti estate ,75k ,12 months mot , 875 beer tokens for my brother ,collecting later from a marina car park  :-\ local to me
 I can see this one going tits up  ;D
if it pans out ok ,the 1.6 astra g estate it will replace will be scrapped with 4 months mot because i CBA with ebay messers  :P

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 August 2018, 20:17:31 »

Think the only test drive I've done on any car I've ever bought has been called "the drive home" ;D But then I've never paid more than £1250 for a car[scared me silly to pay so much!]and I owned that for 9yrs with only normal servicing costs needed. :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 August 2018, 19:19:42 »

Drove lovely, though ;D ;D

.. and it was quite a looker one converted to "fastback" form, too.* :D

* - once it had stopped smouldering.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #19 on: 27 August 2018, 10:04:08 »

Drove lovely, though ;D ;D

.. and it was quite a looker one converted to "fastback" form, too.* :D

* - once it had stopped smouldering.

"Just write your initials"... ;D ;D

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 August 2018, 16:06:06 »

My most unusual item found inside  a 2nd hand car purchase . . .

I may have mentioned this before a long time ago on here  . . but brought my 1st Omega about 10 years ago now  . . .got it  from Auto Trader from near Leatherhead,  A 1999 3.0 Elite MFL   8) 8)

Went to see & try it mid week , agreed price , paid deposit to return on the Saturday to collect.

Saturday came , all went to plan , sellers wife ( slim nice looking about 35/40 ) made me a cuppa while the deal was finalised . Finished my tea in the kitchen chatting to the seller & his wife .  Drove home , all well car was very nice with no problems .

Later that afternoon  . . .full interior  & boot valet going on  . . .came across a dozen or so glossy photographs of the said slim lady who made the tea,  hidden in the boot , all in rather  exotic  FULL erotic poses minus clothes   :o

Did cross my mind to call him  . . .but never did  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 27 August 2018, 16:15:20 by Alnico Blue »
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 27 August 2018, 16:07:21 »

Bet they're all stuck together now.  ;D

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 August 2018, 16:10:34 »

Bet they're all stuck together now.  ;D

Pardon me ?  whatever do you mean Steve ?   ;D ;D ;D

She was a looker though  ;) ;)
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 August 2018, 16:45:11 »

I may have mentioned this before a long time ago on here  . . but brought my 1st Omega about 10 years ago now  . . .got it  from Auto Trader from near Leatherhead,  A 1999 3.0 Elite MFL   8) 8)

Went to see & try it mid week , agreed price , paid deposit to return on the Saturday to collect.

Saturday came , all went to plan , sellers wife ( slim nice looking about 35/40 ) made me a cuppa while the deal was finalised . Finished my tea in the kitchen chatting to the seller & his wife .  Drove home , all well car was very nice with no problems .

Later that afternoon  . . .full interior  & boot valet going on  . . .came across a dozen or so glossy photographs of the said slim lady who made the tea,  hidden in the boot , all in rather  exotic  FULL erotic poses minus clothes   :o

You missed a trick there. Your "purchase" COULD have been very cheap indeed. ;)

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 27 August 2018, 16:55:59 »

You missed a trick there. Your "purchase" COULD have been very cheap indeed. ;)
Yeah. Car for nowt and a ride in your missus or these are going on the internet.  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 August 2018, 23:18:10 »

That reminds me of an experience when I sold an Austin seven. It was actually in many parts and I hired a box van to deliver to the buyer in Daventry. He made us a coffee and proceeded to show us his extensive collection of badly taken by him, erotic photos of young girls.

We finished our drinks double quick and left.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.