Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: North West Meet  (Read 23842 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: North West Meet
« Reply #30 on: 11 November 2007, 17:55:50 »

I'm not familiar with places in the Wigan/Haydock area I'm afraid, but would personally prefer somewhere other than a motorway services, especially if we are thinking of decent food.
Excuse my ignorance, but are these events usually boys only, (sorry! members only) or do we bring our lovely ladies. Do they involve an overnight stay?
I'm up for whatever format is the norm, of course.
Cheers,
Bill.
Depends.  Most of these quick, local meets, tend to be a few hours get together, for a chinwag, maybe some tinkering.  More a 'put a face to names' type thing.  Very worthwhile :y.  I suspect wives/kids would get a little bored, unless other wives etc went?

The summer camping weekends are a real hoot, defo recommend those as well, and they often are family affairs :y

As to Haydock, had to stay there once. Only 'bars' we could find open were Little Chef, and the cricket club  :'(
Grumpy old man

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 November 2007, 17:55:59 »

think i might be up for southport too, i dont know the area but i know how to get there from home :D

went to blackpool last weekend with the lexus owners club... had fun on the motorway with our 10-car convoy :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 November 2007, 17:56:49 »

I'm not familiar with places in the Wigan/Haydock area I'm afraid, but would personally prefer somewhere other than a motorway services, especially if we are thinking of decent food.
Excuse my ignorance, but are these events usually boys only, (sorry! members only) or do we bring our lovely ladies. Do they involve an overnight stay?
I'm up for whatever format is the norm, of course.
Cheers,
Bill.
Depends.  Most of these quick, local meets, tend to be a few hours get together, for a chinwag, maybe some tinkering.  More a 'put a face to names' type thing.  Very worthwhile :y.  I suspect wives/kids would get a little bored, unless other wives etc went?

The summer camping weekends are a real hoot, defo recommend those as well, and they often are family affairs :y

As to Haydock, had to stay there once. Only 'bars' we could find open were Little Chef, and the cricket club  :'(
Obviously, what/where/when is down to local members to decide :y
Grumpy old man

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 November 2007, 18:30:12 »

as for location...

i dont mind if you all fill my street with vauxhall omegas and really annoy the neighbours!!

;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 November 2007, 20:55:33 »

What about Matlock for a meeting place or Derby? Are they central for most of the people of North West?
Was gonna suggest Massive as Festival Park has a Big Car Park :y
I know Matlock is a great drive in whichever way you go. ;)
« Last Edit: 11 November 2007, 20:58:01 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 November 2007, 22:01:36 »

Hi Captain Zok,
Tide? Tide? What tide? We see the sea 2 or 3 times a year if we're lucky.
Actually, there is a place in Southport called the Ocean Plaza development which sports a massive car park surrounded by a 'beefeater' type pub, (can't remember the actual chain), but it does good grub, and there are also Italian, Chinese, Mexican, and I think Thai restaurants within 200 yards on the car park. There is also a bowling alley and a cinema complex and in the winter the barrier to the car park is normally left raised allowing free access and exit. It's all close to the front and of course Southport Town centre is very adjacent.
If this is the sort of thing we are looking for I'd be pleased to 'suss' it out to make sure it would be suitable.
Just an idea.
Cheers,
Bill  

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 November 2007, 22:10:59 »

Hi Captain Zok,
Tide? Tide? What tide? We see the sea 2 or 3 times a year if we're lucky.
Actually, there is a place in Southport called the Ocean Plaza development which sports a massive car park surrounded by a 'beefeater' type pub, (can't remember the actual chain), but it does good grub, and there are also Italian, Chinese, Mexican, and I think Thai restaurants within 200 yards on the car park. There is also a bowling alley and a cinema complex and in the winter the barrier to the car park is normally left raised allowing free access and exit. It's all close to the front and of course Southport Town centre is very adjacent.
If this is the sort of thing we are looking for I'd be pleased to 'suss' it out to make sure it would be suitable.
Just an idea.
Cheers,
Bill  
Sounds good to me mate. Anyone else got any feelings on Southport as a venue?
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 November 2007, 23:51:28 »

I dont mind but I was thinking somewhere central for everyone, Stoke to Southport and back is about 140 miles.
Retired

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 November 2007, 09:07:16 »

I really don't mind where :y
I know the car park at Festival Park is open all the time and no car parking fee's ;)
Also there is a McDonalds, Pizza Hut, and Fatty Arbuckles, Toys R Us, B&Q if you fancy or get cold ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 November 2007, 09:12:04 »

The drawback to Southport is that it takes 30/40 minutes (the way I drive anyway!) to get from the nearest M6 junction, and longer if traffic is heavy.
Another place which springs to mind is a large hotel/pub, with a good car park ,called 'The Tickled Trout', at Junction 31 on the M6 near Preston. And just 5 mins. up the road is another where I remember seeing a Harley Davidson meet a couple of months ago, where some bikers stayed overnight, so they are presumably used to coping with such events.
I presume somewhere close to a Motorway would be easy enough for most of us to get to.
That's it for me fellas. My brain's tired now.  It's gone 9am. ;D
Cheers,  
Bill.

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 November 2007, 16:55:46 »

just made a note of everyone's general location who posted with interest, and it appears that warrington is the most central location, towards the st helens side, I dont know what's in st helens, or warrington, where a mini-meet could be held, so really it all depends on who's willing to travel where!!

9 of us are relatively local, then Mikedundee south east london, BMH26 midlands, and theo possibly in manchester so far
« Last Edit: 12 November 2007, 17:00:00 by D4NNY »

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 November 2007, 17:02:47 »

Warrington sounds good to me, what about everyone else. I will ask my daughter if theres a nice pub she knows of as she's a copper in Warrington :y
Retired

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12 November 2007, 17:28:03 »

I don't mind where I will fit in with everyone else :y

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12 November 2007, 17:29:41 »

Depending what shift im working fellas im interested in meeting some of you guys.  :y :y
« Last Edit: 12 November 2007, 17:29:59 by gstylebaby »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12 November 2007, 17:31:35 »

Is "The Count" coming?????

Better make the meet before dinner then Guys, as soon as he has eaten + had a drink he falls asleep ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.