Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3016275 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #17640 on: 16 January 2019, 07:45:52 »

It always amazes me how the followers show pretty much zero sign of wear on these engines

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #17641 on: 16 January 2019, 08:23:52 »

No they are in great condition. Just got to verify that I have the piston, parts in correct order as shown in the picture. The maintenance guide says to fill them, but I have read if they are filled before hand it can lock them up?

Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

aaronjb

« Reply #17642 on: 16 January 2019, 08:59:58 »

I stuck my (new, cheap) drop-tester on the battery in the BMW .. I didn't think it was a good sign when it read 12.1V before I'd even started the load test (given the battery was connected to a charger until 30 seconds before that) and much less good when it read ~11V under load  :-X ;D I guess that's bollarded, then! Still, it looks original (BMW battery) so that shouldn't surprise me too much.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17643 on: 16 January 2019, 09:32:55 »

Took a look at TBE's headlight washers - I thought I'd pulled the fuse, but that looks to be there, so lost interest.

I've just had to replace the pump on mine. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17644 on: 16 January 2019, 19:33:14 »

I stuck my (new, cheap) drop-tester on the battery in the BMW .. I didn't think it was a good sign when it read 12.1V before I'd even started the load test (given the battery was connected to a charger until 30 seconds before that) and much less good when it read ~11V under load  :-X ;D I guess that's bollarded, then! Still, it looks original (BMW battery) so that shouldn't surprise me too much.
I keep meaning to put the (new, cheap) droptester on the Jaaaaggg.

But its cold outside.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #17645 on: 16 January 2019, 19:37:33 »

But its cold outside.

Is yours a Chinese special or is it a Sealey? The manual that came with my Chinese special is .. very special indeed. It's about as much use for working out how to use it as reading the local takeaway menu would be ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17646 on: 16 January 2019, 19:42:00 »

But its cold outside.

Is yours a Chinese special or is it a Sealey? The manual that came with my Chinese special is .. very special indeed. It's about as much use for working out how to use it as reading the local takeaway menu would be ;D
Chinky. But looks obvious enough, and with a good description on the back for the 3 possible outcomes.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #17647 on: 17 January 2019, 09:18:57 »

Chinky. But looks obvious enough, and with a good description on the back for the 3 possible outcomes.

Yeah.. I figured red to red, black to black, flip the switch and see if any magic smoke came out.. it didn't, but the big red "NO GOOD" light came on ;D

The toaster element in the box did smell nice and "hot electrical" mind!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17648 on: 17 January 2019, 18:39:41 »

Sounds like the same one ;D
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17649 on: 17 January 2019, 19:06:16 »

Fitted some new tyres ready for MOT day.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • 1997 & 1998 Omega Elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #17650 on: 18 January 2019, 11:26:48 »

Nothing to do with my Omega's but I managed to get the wife's old 1999 Renault clit through it's MOT with no advisories. Well chuffed!!

Also noticed that the MOT paperwork has changed its style again (still on A4 paper but with new format)

STEMO

« Reply #17651 on: 18 January 2019, 12:20:08 »

Nothing to do with my Omega's but I managed to get the wife's old 1999 Renault clit through it's MOT with no advisories. Well chuffed!!

Also noticed that the MOT paperwork has changed its style again (still on A4 paper but with new format)
Are you another Lord Opti? You have 2 omegas and a jag, and your missus has a 20 year old clit.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17652 on: 18 January 2019, 12:47:35 »

Are you another Lord Opti? You have 2 omegas and a jag, and your missus has a 20 year old clit.
Every family should have a crap shopping cart car uncle STEMO
There is no space in an omega for trivial things like beans and potatoes without the added 10kg of weight disturbing the suspension geometry  :y
(as i told Mrs Builder)
plus, supermarket car park is a hazardous area ,filled with incompetent,sometimes incontinent, idiots who smash into  bumpers and door skins without regard  :(   

STEMO

« Reply #17653 on: 18 January 2019, 12:55:16 »

Every family should have a crap shopping cart car uncle STEMO
There is no space in an omega for trivial things like beans and potatoes without the added 10kg of weight disturbing the suspension geometry  :y
(as i told Mrs Builder)
plus, supermarket car park is a hazardous area ,filled with incompetent,sometimes incontinent, idiots who smash into  bumpers and door skins without regard  :(
There is that, I suppose. Personally, I would just go in the jag at three in the morning. It's a 24 hour society, don't you know.

aaronjb

« Reply #17654 on: 18 January 2019, 13:43:12 »

Changed the dead battery in the BMW for a new one.

The car promptly decided it couldn't tell if the roof was closed or not and disabled all of the windows (with them stuck half down) and the boot opener. FFS.

I just had to drag ~130Kg of 6' tool chest (which is still on its delivery pallet) across the garage floor to move it out of the way so I could put the car in there before it rains..

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.