Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Limousine crash in USA  (Read 2769 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Limousine crash in USA
« on: 08 October 2018, 10:40:34 »

What a tragedy. Not looking to make comment on the actual crash but I was amazed that such a vehicle could carry 17 passengers. I had to google said vehicle. As I suspected they don’t have rows of seats but more a living room with padded bench seats around the edge. How are they legal without seat belts?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Limousine crash in USA
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2018, 13:51:43 »

Stretched SUV failed to stop at a T junction and ended up going through another car, a couple of people and into woods. 20 people thus far, two outside and the rest in the vehicle. :'(

Could be mechanical failure but more likely a combination of possible overloading and driver distraction.  :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2018, 13:57:19 »

Can never tell when your time is up. :-\

I note two men died running a half marathon in Cardiff over the weekend. One in his twenties, the other in his thirties. I thought fit people ware supposed to live longer.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2018, 16:06:59 »

I note two men died running a half marathon in Cardiff over the weekend. One in his twenties, the other in his thirties. I thought fit people ware supposed to live longer.
Even if you did have a heart attack through over exertion at the end of a race, you'd think there'd be expert help at the finish line. People that age shouldn't die if there is a defibrillator on hand, and I hope there was.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2018, 16:38:40 »

Even if you did have a heart attack through over exertion at the end of a race, you'd think there'd be expert help at the finish line. People that age shouldn't die if there is a defibrillator on hand, and I hope there was.

I believe there was medical help but clearly not good enough or fast enough.

Aged 25 and 32.You or I could drop off the perch at any time.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2018, 17:01:31 »

Yeah.....fickin roll on.  :(

;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2018, 17:02:40 »

My wife tells me to stop it when, last thing at night, I say " That's another day......nearer death".  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 October 2018, 17:06:53 »

My wife tells me to stop it when, last thing at night, I say " That's another day......nearer death";D

100% factually accurate.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 October 2018, 18:19:19 »

IIRC, defibs can't revive every heart - depends what rhythm it's fallen into.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 October 2018, 18:39:12 »

Defibrillator is only of any use for correcting / restarting the heart's electrical activity. If it was due to a blood clot, even if you were in hospital there is only about a 50% chance of them being able to revive you! :'( Heart attacks are most common in unfit people and ultrafit people it is a bit of a bathtub curve with the unfit side steeper and higher. Unknown heart defects including a hole in the heart from when the hole between the two sides doesn't completely close shortly after birth can manifest themselves during the high stress just before or during a race. I know two untrafits that have died just before starting a race. :'(

Sad what has happened in that accident in the US but their annual death rate is sadly much higher than in the UK. :'(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2018, 19:46:25 »

Heck of a death toll for what was basically a single vehicle accident.Apparently 4 of the passengers were sisters,I can't begin to imagine the pain the parents of any of them must be feeling but to lose 4 daughters all at once like that must be truly shattering :'(

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 October 2018, 22:07:50 »

Heck of a death toll for what was basically a single vehicle accident.Apparently 4 of the passengers were sisters,I can't begin to imagine the pain the parents of any of them must be feeling but to lose 4 daughters all at once like that must be truly shattering :'(

I agree, our middle lad left home yesterday to join the Navy, he'll be gone 10 weeks and we are gutted so the thought of losing four siblings for good doesn't bear thinking about :'(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 October 2018, 22:12:23 »

I agree, our middle lad left home yesterday to join the Navy, he'll be gone 10 weeks and  ....

He'll have a ball at Raleigh  :y :y :y

Did I ever say I was across the road at Fisgard?  ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 October 2018, 22:14:21 »

.... so the thought of losing four siblings for good doesn't bear thinking about :'(

you just cant even begin to think about it  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 October 2018, 22:26:54 »

Heck of a death toll for what was basically a single vehicle accident.

Anyone who has seen underneath a British stretch limo won't be surprised, and American ones are much worse.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.