Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3029654 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #19875 on: 09 March 2020, 10:22:52 »

Cam belt change, is also the right time to investigate oil leaks, which are expected to be from the cam covers.

That's a rare failure, every time I have seen it was because somebody had slapped to much sealant on the cam bearing caps and blocked the machined oil return passages. The pressure then builds up behind the cam seals and they leak (where as the pressure there should be equal to or less than atmospheric).

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19876 on: 09 March 2020, 12:14:40 »

Once cam wheels were removed it was obvious that the leaks were mainly from the front cam seals.

well done for looking properly, finding the problems and not just rushing through it  :y

Usually find its the exhaust cam seals that leak oil

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19877 on: 10 March 2020, 16:50:03 »

I might have washed one of them, as the moss was annoying me ;D
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19878 on: 10 March 2020, 19:03:35 »

Took the rear cracked bumper off the Welsh hatchback, knocked some of the creased metalwork out with a lump hammer, bodged the plastic crash bar, energy absorber thing back on - ready to bolt on the replacement bumper tomorrow.
At the last minute, noticed the replacement bumper doesn't have fog light cut outs, and the original does have fog lights fitted. So I wont have any rear fog lights now.
Doesn't really matter as I would probably never use them, and I can flog the old ones on ebay.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19879 on: 10 March 2020, 19:08:13 »

Took the rear cracked bumper off the Welsh hatchback, knocked some of the creased metalwork out with a lump hammer, bodged the plastic crash bar, energy absorber thing back on - ready to bolt on the replacement bumper tomorrow.
At the last minute, noticed the replacement bumper doesn't have fog light cut outs, and the original does have fog lights fitted. So I wont have any rear fog lights now.
Doesn't really matter as I would probably never use them, and I can flog the old ones on ebay.
1 either a central or O/S REAR fog light is mandatory for MOT
does the donor car the new bumper came off  have different rear light clusters with fogs built in  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19880 on: 10 March 2020, 23:19:30 »

I suppose it must have done. Came from up north, via ebay. I will have to get hold of a little bolt on fog light I think.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19881 on: 11 March 2020, 10:02:49 »

does the donor car the new bumper came off  have different rear light clusters with fogs built in  :-\

Or its off a grey import  :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19882 on: 11 March 2020, 11:42:59 »

Or its off a grey import  :y
never thought of that  :y

but if it is ,someone painted it red  ;D :D

I suppose it must have done. Came from up north, via ebay. I will have to get hold of a little bolt on fog light I think.
if your clusters don't have spaces for fogs then a bolt on fog would solve the problem yes  :y
as Mark points out ,could be a grey import bumper or pre-facelift or post facelift where the fogs are elsewhere .

so you've forgiven the little red french slut and decided to treat it to a tidy up ?  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19883 on: 11 March 2020, 11:44:50 »

Reversed it into a post, and covering it up before anyone notices more like ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19884 on: 11 March 2020, 11:49:29 »

Reversed it into a post, and covering it up before anyone notices more like ;D

;D :D
pretty sure she'd been given a good hard ramming up her rear  :o  before MigV6 was unfortunate enough to buy her  :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19885 on: 11 March 2020, 12:15:08 »

remove one of the lights from the old bumper and fit it to the new. Most plastic bumpers are easily cut if scored with a sharp Stanley knife blade, and Araladite(I use similar from Poundland) will stick the old mounts in place.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19886 on: 11 March 2020, 14:50:42 »

They are an odd triangular shape and Im pretty confident that I would make a pigs ear of it. Easier to just bolt on a square one I think.
The car was an insurance write off when I bought it due to being hit up the arse. Hence replacing the bumper.
Problem was that the metal underneath was a lot more bent and twisted than I thought it would be, so fitting the bumper turned into a bit of a mission.
Its on there now though and doesn't look perfect ,but looks a lot better than the old one did.
The tailgate is also a bit dented so I may replace that at some point. Depends on one the right colour being available at a sensible price.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19887 on: 11 March 2020, 17:51:04 »

Secondhand replacement rear light clusters with fog lights?  ???   We know that money is no object when it comes to your French beloved!  :-*  :)

Might entail some rewiring, but that's a minor detail.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #19888 on: 11 March 2020, 18:14:05 »

Secondhand replacement rear light clusters with fog lights?  ???   We know that money is no object when it comes to your French beloved!  :-*  :)

Might entail some rewiring, but that's a minor detail.  ;D
He does seem to be rather fond of the old madam.  ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19889 on: 11 March 2020, 18:33:36 »

Had the Range Rover serviced at a very good price..😀
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.