Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega replacement...  (Read 11463 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega replacement...
« Reply #45 on: 14 August 2019, 14:02:46 »

Maybe the Gen 2.1 setup is an inferior algorithm to that used on the NLI and NGI later clusters
Possibly, but they are fairly consistently 10-15% optimistic...

...The cynic in me thinks this is intentional to save scaring the owner too much, knowing your average Jag owner will believe everything the car (and dealer) says.

I reset mine every fill, and know I have to crack 34mpg on the FC to break into the 30s in reality.

My experience exactly.

Gen2.1 again  ;) :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 17 August 2019, 21:59:05 »

Was at the airfield fettling the other moneypit today so thought I'd take a few photos. Forgot the proper camera, sadly, so more mobile phone pics. ::)

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 17 August 2019, 22:22:58 »

That's impressive MPG, 2.0 4 pot turbo right?
Yep, 2.0 turbo with 240 PS.

I think I'll end up buying another Zafira Tourer, petrol one this time for MrsT's school run.

I'll use the diesel version for work.

So, 2 mum buses? Nothing like living life on the edge. :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 17 August 2019, 22:49:44 »

I think I'll end up buying another Zafira Tourer, petrol one this time for MrsT's school run.

Yup.

But in defence the choice of RWD Saloons are very limited now.  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 18 August 2019, 00:31:37 »

Yup.

But in defence the choice of RWD Saloons are very limited now.  :(
Have you looked?

Currently 28,630 petrol rwd cars on Auto trader, of which 5, 339 are saloons...  ::)  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 18 August 2019, 10:40:46 »

Very nice Kevin  :)
BUT....
I think you need numbers and letters on the yellow and white plates ,front and back  :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 18 August 2019, 10:46:50 »

Very nice Kevin  :)
BUT....
I think you need numbers and letters on the yellow and white plates ,front and back  :P
Nah, that's no fun :D

A well proportioned car though, and bigger in the flesh than you might think  ;)

Did well to find a suitable one in the same colour as your Omega, only seen silver and red around here ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 18 August 2019, 11:57:11 »

Nah, that's no fun :D

A well proportioned car though, and bigger in the flesh than you might think  ;)

Did well to find a suitable one in the same colour as your Omega, only seen silver and red around here ::)

Yep. I parked it near a BMW 4 series the other day, so 2 recent cars trying to be practically the same thing. I think the BMW looks like something out of the 90's in comparison. So many fussy little folds and lumps and bumps whereas the Jag has nice clean lines.

It's practically the same footprint as the Omega, IIRC. Maybe slightly shorter and the wheelbase pushed into the corners a little more. Quite a lot of that is bonnet, though, so not as much space inside. ;D Access under the bonnet looks good, though. Not too cluttered, so should be an easy car to work on when the time comes..

Steering lock is not quite as good as the Omega's. I've been spoilt in that regard. Keep thinking I can make turns when I can't. ;D Still miles better than your average FWD shitbox, though.

Embarrassingly, every car I've ever owned has been blue. :-[ I was actually up for pretty much any of the colours they do in the XE. First one I test drive was white, which I'd normally avoid like the plague, but it looked fantastic, and I'd quite happily have had it but for the folding rear seats. This one came up in blue and it was the right car, and the 240 PS engine rather than the 200 as well, so there we go... It's actually a lovely colour. Looks like quite a flat, dark blue from a distance but it has some subtle flakes in it which catch the sun when up close.

Have you looked?

Currently 28,630 petrol rwd cars on Auto trader, of which 5, 339 are saloons...  ::)  ;D

Yep, it's not so bad if you don't mind tractors but finding something with a decent petrol engine does limit things a little.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18 August 2019, 12:26:49 »

Yup, a handsome car Kevin, and around 250bhp is a good number for a daily driver imo. Enough to make use of 95% of overtaking opportunities but (by the looks of yours at least) relatively cheap to feed.  :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 18 August 2019, 12:45:17 »

Yep. I parked it near a BMW 4 series the other day, so 2 recent cars trying to be practically the same thing. I think the BMW looks like something out of the 90's in comparison. So many fussy little folds and lumps and bumps whereas the Jag has nice clean lines.

That's been my opinion since I first saw them too. The BMW has lots of design. The Jag has style. Silver wheels and trim looks better particularly on a dark colour - the black trim and heels just makes the whole car look cheap.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 18 August 2019, 12:57:15 »

Yes. A very attractive motor car......but I would say that wouldn't I. :)

Over the decades we have become very matter of fact about BHP outputs. When I was a kid any car with 100 BHP was considered to be 'a fine sporting saloon for the enthusiastic driver provided he had the appropriate amount of skill to handle such power'......think Lotus Cortina. :y

With 240 BHP Kevin's car has the same power as a late seventies Ferrari,  such as the 308 GTB, so called because it sported a 3 litre N/A V8. How times change.

I have only driven a 2.0 derv XE given to me as a loan car. What a great handling device, it made my XFR feel antiquated and leaden (which it isn't)

And, as a bonus, as your car comes without the engine from a cement mixer......what's not to like. :y 

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 18 August 2019, 13:58:44 »

I have been going off the XFR's recently and this car was/is a contender. The XFR's within my budget are getting a bit too old and I no longer want a car so big. So for me its a choice between a 340i and XE-S. As Kev pointed out, rear folding seats are a hard to find option. I also need electric folding side mirrors and would like the larger navigation screen. The rear seats are apparently not as spacious as a F30 3 Series. Tough choice

Who owns the black pussy?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 18 August 2019, 14:08:48 »

I have been going off the XFR's recently and this car was/is a contender. The XFR's within my budget are getting a bit too old and I no longer want a car so big. So for me its a choice between a 340i and XE-S. As Kev pointed out, rear folding seats are a hard to find option. I also need electric folding side mirrors and would like the larger navigation screen. The rear seats are apparently not as spacious as a F30 3 Series. Tough choice

Who owns the black pussy?

TB......the man who adores Shami. :)

aaronjb

« Reply #58 on: 18 August 2019, 14:33:36 »

Very nice, Kevin, very nice indeed.

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 18 August 2019, 14:44:25 »

Dont blame him. Shami is beautiful

:-*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.