Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs TB's tagline of the day  (Read 2542 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Mrs TB's tagline of the day
« on: 21 March 2015, 19:43:39 »

After seeing another stupid MAMIL riding at dusk in dark clothing and no lights

If you have no light, you have no right to grumble when a car kills you.

Heartless bitch  ;D
Grumpy old man

btc

• Intermediate Member
  • Burgess Hill
  • Medium black pussy
    • XF 2.0d r sport
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs TB's tagline of the day
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2015, 19:45:43 »

Like that  :y

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2015, 19:48:56 »

:y :y :y :y

I ticket every one I see  :D :D :D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2015, 19:59:12 »

Heartless or not it's very apt.I like her thinking.

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2015, 20:15:03 »

Does it apply to Placeinorkney in cars with no lights on too :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2015, 20:23:37 »

I ticket every one I see  :D :D :D

Good!  :y :y

Spotting them in the dark though is he hard bit.  ???

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2015, 20:39:25 »

Around here they tend to attach flashing strobe lights bright enough to dazzle but no help in working out where they are in the road >:(

Another variation is a 30 watt LED headtorch levitating 7 feet off the ground - absolutely no hint of any road legal reflectors.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

aaronjb

« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2015, 21:36:31 »

I followed a 64 plate Astra down the M3 roadworks the other night - just his DRLs on, no lights at the rear at all. I presume he just thinks the headlights are automatic and awful as he also had the satnav stuck to the screen literally in front of his face as if he uses it like Magic night vision.. Plank.  ::)

I nearly called the rozzers until I remembered we've replaced them with cameras because "speed kills"  ::)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2015, 22:13:24 »

Can you grumble when you are dead  :D :D :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 March 2015, 01:05:42 »

I followed a 64 plate Astra down the M3 roadworks the other night - just his DRLs on, no lights at the rear at all. I presume he just thinks the headlights are automatic and awful as he also had the satnav stuck to the screen literally in front of his face as if he uses it like Magic night vision.. Plank.  ::)

I nearly called the rozzers until I remembered we've replaced them with cameras because "speed kills"  ::)

I, and Miss Vamps, because she should be a politician, cannot believe how many cars we see with no lights on; must say, most of the cyclist we see, have very good illumination..... :y :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 March 2015, 01:12:49 »

I, and Miss Vamps, because she should be a politician, cannot believe how many cars we see with no lights on; must say, most of the cyclist we see, have very good illumination..... :y :y

Surely if you can see them, they don't need their lights on?  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 March 2015, 01:20:06 »

Surely if you can see them, they don't need their lights on?  ::)  ;D

Doesn't mean they should not have their lights on........ ::) ::)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 March 2015, 22:27:52 »

And she's correct  :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 March 2015, 22:40:50 »

Around here they tend to attach flashing strobe lights bright enough to dazzle but no help in working out where they are in the road >:(

I have those lights and i have tried them in just about every single mode.  I use them properly in that they are angled downward so that they flash on the road ahead.  They have steady high beam, steady low beam and flashing modes. I may as well ride without any light at all as i have video footage of drivers at roundabouts and junctions looking at me and then pulling out in front of me.  They then slam the brakes on and signals as if it was my fault..... i also wear hi viz jacket, overshoes and a flashing front and back led on the top of my helmet.  I cannot do anything else that is legal to improve my visibility to drivers but it is me who will be injured or worse when motorists don't pay attention to my presence.

I hate seeing cyclists without lights, it's my one pet hate. I berated one last night who also decided that riding on the wrong side of an unlit road without lights was a really good idea.  Maybe Darwins theory is flawed in a modern society? Use the correct, lights, clothing, signals and follow the rules of the road and get killed, ride like a pillock in the dark without lights on and you will live.  At least, that is how it seems to me.

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 March 2015, 00:10:18 »

I have those lights and i have tried them in just about every single mode.  I use them properly in that they are angled downward so that they flash on the road ahead.  They have steady high beam, steady low beam and flashing modes. I may as well ride without any light at all as i have video footage of drivers at roundabouts and junctions looking at me and then pulling out in front of me.  They then slam the brakes on and signals as if it was my fault..... i also wear hi viz jacket, overshoes and a flashing front and back led on the top of my helmet.  I cannot do anything else that is legal to improve my visibility to drivers but it is me who will be injured or worse when motorists don't pay attention to my presence.

I hate seeing cyclists without lights, it's my one pet hate. I berated one last night who also decided that riding on the wrong side of an unlit road without lights was a really good idea.  Maybe Darwins theory is flawed in a modern society? Use the correct, lights, clothing, signals and follow the rules of the road and get killed, ride like a pillock in the dark without lights on and you will live.  At least, that is how it seems to me.

Exactly, it is hardly rocket science.............. :y :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.