Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch out for Russia  (Read 2548 times)

STEMO

Watch out for Russia
« on: 09 July 2019, 11:08:25 »

The Russians seem to have their eyes on Georgia. After a Russian MP was run out of the country because the public objected to him speaking in the Georgian parliament, they are stirring the shit. The host of the a national television show issued a rant about Russia in general, and Putin in particular, insulting his mother among other things. This 'host' has been sacked and the government has said it was personal, nothing to do with them. But, of course, the wiser members know that this is a well used trick, and the indignant Russians will quite rightly 'take offence' at an official government mouthpiece slagging off the Russian president.
Tensions may well rise, diplomatic language will reach fever pitch, and Putin, at the very least, has hold of a new bargaining chip without moving a muscle. He's a clever little Slav.

STEMO

Re: Watch out for Russia
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2019, 11:17:38 »

Correction, I've just read that it's a commercial channel, which has been closed down.

aaronjb

« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2019, 11:19:09 »

Watch out, Putin will be going after Aldi next..

(I won't link to the "article" .. but someone found a steak that "looks like Putin" in Aldi ;D)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2019, 11:21:11 »

Yes, and no doubt Rods2 will have some very interesting views on this :y :y :y

Very interesting, and potentially scarry times.

Russia, China, N. Korea, Iran, all on what I would call "hot political footings"!!  Trump and the USA are on the other side just waiting to pounce!! :o :o

Oh dear, as I have touched on before, this is like a build to war as we certainly saw from the aligning of countries and interests, with axes to grind, along with political and militarily restlessness, in 1914. :o :o :o :( :(

Fake news, attacks on each countries media, cyber attacks, 'hostile influences on each countries politics and administration, etc, etc, will not stop now!!
« Last Edit: 09 July 2019, 11:24:16 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2019, 11:22:10 »

Watch out, Putin will be going after Aldi next..

(I won't link to the "article" .. but someone found a steak that "looks like Putin" in Aldi ;D)
It doesn't look like someone did that deliberately. Nooooo.......not at all.  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2019, 11:24:35 »

Russia, China, N. Korea, Iran, all on what I would call "hot political footings"!!  Trump and the USA are on the other side just waiting to pounce!! :o :o

Oh dear, as I have touched on before, this is like a build to war as we certainly saw from the aligning of countries and interests, with axes to grind, along with political and militarily restlessness, in 1914. :o :o :o :( :(
America is not 'waiting to pounce'. America (Trump) couldn't give a toss about the Baltic states, and his interest in Iran is purely because he's a Muslim hater.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2019, 11:40:25 »

America is not 'waiting to pounce'. America (Trump) couldn't give a toss about the Baltic states, and his interest in Iran is purely because he's a Muslim hater.

No, the Baltic States are not directly important to him, but the USA looking good, ensuring Putin recognises what they could do in other areas and showing others in the Eastern region that the USA does have the power, is of prime importance.

Remember the Baltic States has been the flash point / excuse before for European nations to flex their muscles and commit to war.  ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2019, 11:46:49 »

Let us try and get a positive from it. HMMM

Ah yes, a war would reduce the population and give the planet breathing space.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2019, 12:26:31 »

Well, when we finally 'Brexit' we will be ripe for Russia to invade. :)

We won't be able to rely on the EU for help. :)

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2019, 12:34:01 »

No, the Baltic States are not directly important to him, but the USA looking good, ensuring Putin recognises what they could do in other areas and showing others in the Eastern region that the USA does have the power, is of prime importance.

Remember the Baltic States has been the flash point / excuse before for European nations to flex their muscles and commit to war.  ;)I

;D ;D ;D ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2019, 12:51:18 »

Remember the Baltic States has been the flash point / excuse before for European nations to flex their muscles and commit to war.  ;)I

;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, yeah, I did not emphasis I meant the European nations of 1914 flexing their muscles, but mis typed. :P :P ;D ;D ;)

Now the mainland 'European nations' could not fight their way out of a paper bag, let alone agree on any joint action ;).

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 09 July 2019, 12:55:35 »

America, China and Russia should just divvy up the world between them, then we can all stop worrying and have a nice cup of tea.

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 09 July 2019, 13:08:27 »

Slightly related, absurd news: https://news.sky.com/story/i-would-take-a-bullet-for-vladimir-putin-says-ex-f1-chief-bernie-ecclestone-11759373

I would take a bullet for Vladimir Putin, says ex-F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone
The controversial ex-F1 boss says the Russian president should be "running Europe" and that he is not a supporter of democracy.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 09 July 2019, 13:10:06 »

Slightly related, absurd news: https://news.sky.com/story/i-would-take-a-bullet-for-vladimir-putin-says-ex-f1-chief-bernie-ecclestone-11759373

I would take a bullet for Vladimir Putin, says ex-F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone
The controversial ex-F1 boss says the Russian president should be "running Europe" and that he is not a supporter of democracy.
He says from a safe distance in Brazil.

aaronjb

« Reply #14 on: 09 July 2019, 13:16:17 »

He says from a safe distance in Brazil.

Surrounded in Nazi uniformed hookers .. or was that the other bloke?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.