Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rip off  (Read 3332 times)

STEMO

Re: Rip off
« Reply #15 on: 01 January 2019, 22:19:53 »

If the insurance gets too much for me to bear, I'll saw one of her legs off so she can't run off and cause an accident.

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 January 2019, 21:42:10 »

If the insurance gets too much for me to bear, I'll saw one of her legs off so she can't run off and cause an accident.

Maybe not Steve theirs a dog live round the corner from me called Tripod that only has three legs that can run like stink!! :o
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

aaronjb

« Reply #17 on: 03 January 2019, 08:48:12 »

The other thing to consider is third party liability cover.Imagine if your dog got out caused a car crash which resulted in a claim for personal injury and property damage resulting in a huge claim against you. "food for thought".

The third party liability is basically the sole reason we have insurance on Diesel; he's a grumpy old sod (and over 10, now, which makes him expensive to insure - many insurers won't start new insurance on a dog already over 10) and has taken a distinct disliking to a couple of larger dogs in the park. He's never let off the lead in the park now, for that reason, but I'd rather have the liability insurance there just in case he breaks his lead/escapes the garden and does an injury to someone or something.

After all, you are personally responsible for the actions of your dog, legally speaking (unlike cats, which are so much easier .. and shit in someone elses garden usually ;) ;D ;D).

He's had a couple of run-ins with the vets and we've not claimed yet as it's always been below the deductible or whatever they call it :/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 January 2019, 09:37:28 »

Maybe not Steve theirs a dog live round the corner from me called Tripod that only has three legs that can run like stink!! :o

There was a guy at school who had a similar nick name

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 January 2019, 10:40:52 »

What about the dogs with a set of shiny alloy wheels instead of rear legs?

They don't seem to notice their legs are gone.

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 03 January 2019, 11:48:08 »

There was a guy at school who had a similar nick name
I couldn't begin to imagine why.  ;D

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 January 2019, 14:15:04 »

Ours was £28 per month last year and has just gone up to £38, fair enough seeing as they paid out 6.5k on doggy chemotherapy last year

Total claims of 9k I think in 3 yrs so very glad I got her insured, no issue with claims and I couldn't rate current insurer, NCI I think 

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 January 2019, 14:23:28 »

Our 9 yr old Mutt's insurance all but doubled from the previous year to nearly £80 a month after the insurers paid out £3k for a cruciate ligament op. so we stopped insuring her. Needless to say that the other back leg went a couple of months ago. My wallet is now £2600 lighter ....  :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 January 2019, 17:35:45 »

I may be missing something, but surely it would be cheaper to just buy a new dog ?  ???
Exactly, which is why my pets aren't insured.  A bullet is about 30p, and water butt even cheaper, or if the do-gooders get involved, £20 for the last ever injection.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.