Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: whose fault?  (Read 1622 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: whose fault?
« Reply #15 on: 01 April 2014, 23:06:41 »

Mazda every time. :o

chrisgixer

« Reply #16 on: 01 April 2014, 23:31:16 »

Dosnt matter. Mazda has to give way.

Lambo might be in line for speeding offence, but fact is if the Mazda hadn't pulled out there'd be no prang.
Yes but if the lambo driver had been a) not speeding, and b) paying attention, it would never have happened...

Have been in a similar prang, from the lambo drivers perspective. That was settled 50/50 plus my costs.

The only notable difference was that I slid into the third party, brakes locked, as I had reacted to the rapidly changing situation in front of me. Had my car had abs, I might not have hit them at all :-\

Not the old 50/50 scam. Surely not.

Like I said. Mazda at fault. Having the right of way counts. Regardless of what insurers say. They are full of it.

Who was your insurer?

And who was the other parties insurer?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 April 2014, 00:03:07 »

Lambo driver was going way too fast given the number of hazards present on that stretch of road. He should think himself lucky it wasn't a kid running out in front of him. Mazda driver should have given way, and the lambo wasn't going so quick that you could forgive him for that. Knock for knock would be the fair outcome in my eyes.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 02 April 2014, 01:13:03 »

I don't recall... twas 16 years ago ::)

Might have been RSA :-\ Solicitor at the time advised me to accept 50/50 as I had failed to anticipate an oncoming vehicle slowing to invite/allow third party to pull accross my path, and I was obviously speeding as I had failed to stop in time. He didn't seem to think I would fair too well in court on that basis, so I took him at his word, took the cheque and ran...

cd 2.2

« Reply #19 on: 02 April 2014, 01:23:40 »

I say Lambo drivers fault! He was obviously distracted by the hideous hairdo that his passenger had ... So much so that he never saw the Mazda on the approach to the possibly obscured junction, took no avoiding action whatsoever until it was far too late and to top it all off was going far too fast in a built up area with all sorts of other problems such as pedestrians (we all know how stupid they can be) !

He should get 90% of the blame and his passenger 10%  ;D ... That kind of hair should be illegal  :D

And besides which the Mazda was well out of the junction before the Lambo even hit it imho

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #20 on: 02 April 2014, 01:31:06 »

Major part of blame goes to Mazda driver - should not have pulled out across main road without looking properly
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.