Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: buy ??????  (Read 828 times)

remick

• View Profile
buy ??????
« on: 22 June 2007, 23:34:39 »

hi all i want to get me self an omega 2.5 td auto round 2000 reg is it easy ?? are there a lot of them ?? i was searching and noticed that there is a lot of them but from 94, 95 he newer ones are gls cd can any one can tell me what does those mean ??? all these shorts ? i
pls help me
 thx a lot remick :y

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
Re: buy ??????
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2007, 23:47:36 »

GLS and CD are model designations which are reflective of the trim and equipment (or toys).  GLS is generally the lowest model although you may see a reflection which I believe is lower still.  CD is slightly higher than GLS with wood trims, electric front windows better stereo and air con, CDX better still with climate control, electric windows all round wood trim on doors and centre dash etc.  Top of the range is the Elite which has all the CDX has and more, like fully upgraded stereo (Bose), auto dimming mirror, memory seats, leather trim (standard on petrol 3.0 V6) body coloured sill moldings etc.

As to whether there are a lot of diesel 2.5 models around for the year you are looking at, I am not sure I am afraid.  I think that high spec cars were generally petrol models - diesel elites seem to be quite rare.

I am sort of on the look out for an Elite at present, but the 2.5 V6.  Good luck with your search

Hope this helps
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2007, 00:09:04 »

That's around the time when the 2.2DTI engine replaced the 2.5DT, and the auto option was dropped for diesels.

So if you are opting for 2000 'facelift' then you are trying to catch one of the last 2.5TDs really - and they are rare.

You should however be able to find some good late pre-facelift (i.e. 1998-1999) 2.5TD auto examples.

« Last Edit: 23 June 2007, 00:09:32 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2007, 10:33:45 »

They are out there, I have a T plate 2.5TD Elite myself, known here as Project Tractor.

What are your journeys?  Motorway cruising, the tractors (or at least my auto one) return useful mpg (low to mid 40s, possibly more), town driving, I reckon a 2.5 manual V6 is better.
Grumpy old man

remick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2007, 00:12:33 »

thanx for all your rep.
it really helps at least i can now see the difrence in models an i will still continue to look for one of that age and eather 2.2 or 2.5 td in auto
i would like to now if the car is ok ??? any faults i need to watch out for ?? pls tell me
thx a lot

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2007, 07:27:23 »

thanx for all your rep.
it really helps at least i can now see the difrence in models an i will still continue to look for one of that age and eather 2.2 or 2.5 td in auto
i would like to now if the car is ok ??? any faults i need to watch out for ?? pls tell me
thx a lot

I don't know a lot about the 2.2 tractor, but if you get a petrol model, cambelt, tensioners and waterpump, every 40k or 4 years whichever comes first - without fail. Or bent valves.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2007, 13:09:50 »

thanx for all your rep.
thx a lot
2.2DTi is manual only

2.5TD is manual or auto. Maximum service interval is 4.5k miles - remember MAXIMUM!!  In standard form, 25TD is underpowered. Omegatoy sells chips to improve the situation.  25TD autos have the AR25 box, which will fail at 120 - 150k miles, also prone to radiator blockage at similar mileage. Viscous fan, so the associate problems with that. Plastic impellors on waterpump have a habit of detaching from pump.

Unless you are doing motorway miles, consider a 2.5 v6 instead...
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.