Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stairs and landing carpet  (Read 3251 times)

STEMO

Stairs and landing carpet
« on: 13 March 2019, 11:28:10 »

Went up on Saturday to pick a carpet for the stairs and landing. I had to take SWMBO, obviously. I picked what I thought was a nice, plain colour that I thought would match quite well. The boss intervened and overruled me with a check patterned one. The fitter just rang up...if we'd have gone with mine, £350. Because the pattern has to be matched down the stairs, £500.
Next time............. >:(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Stairs and landing carpet
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2019, 11:30:15 »

Went up on Saturday to pick a carpet for the stairs and landing. I had to take SWMBO, obviously. I picked what I thought was a nice, plain colour that I thought would match quite well. The boss intervened and overruled me with a check patterned one. The fitter just rang up...if we'd have gone with mine, £350. Because the pattern has to be matched down the stairs, £500.

I trust you are aware this is a forum about cars and car related items. :)

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2019, 11:33:26 »

Not in general disrespect, it's not. This is the section where your lustfulness for you sister in law, and the consequential laptop collision with your cranium is posted. Remember?  :)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2019, 11:33:52 »

Just paint the old carpet  :y

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2019, 11:40:34 »

Just paint the old carpet  :y
I told her that it's 'the in thing' now to just have no carpet and paint the floorboards. She doesn't swear very often, but she suggested that I may have a dick for a brain. Women, eh?  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2019, 11:41:00 »

Not in general disrespect, it's not. This is the section where your lustfulness for you sister in law, and the consequential laptop collision with your cranium is posted. Remember?  :)

Point taken.....

But please don't feel obliged to tell me which carpet shampoo you and your good lady have decided on. :)

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2019, 11:44:45 »

Point taken.....

But please don't feel obliged to tell me which carpet shampoo you and your good lady have decided on. :)
We just buy a new one if it gets dirty.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2019, 11:46:38 »

Point taken.....

We just buy a new one if it gets dirty.

Is this still a thread about carpets? ::) ::)

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2019, 11:48:09 »

But that, as all married men know, is not the point. For the next years, I will have to remark on how it looks worn in parts, doesn't match the carpet it's next to in the bedrooms, shows up all the bits, etc. It will be my 'go to' when she picks me up on anything at all.  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2019, 14:51:28 »

Count yourselves lucky, re-doing the floor down stairs following the extension so it all matches.

Won't see change from a couple of grand  :(

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2019, 17:11:30 »

Count yourselves lucky, re-doing the floor down stairs following the extension so it all matches.

No, not lucky. Four bedrooms want doing yet, but I've got to decorate them first  :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2019, 17:20:00 »

No, not lucky. Four bedrooms want doing yet, but I've got to decorate them first  :(

This carpet thread would be more exciting if........

Your nubile and sexy neighbour came round to see if  you could lend her a cup of sugar. You say yes....... but she will need to pay.

You could then update your post on how 'carpet burns' can cause nasty marks to the arse, back, and shoulders of sexually active young women.

This can all take place in perfect safety as your good lady wife is away teaching feral children who don't want to learn. No need for her to know. :y 

« Last Edit: 13 March 2019, 17:21:49 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 13 March 2019, 17:23:22 »

Your nubile and sexy neighbour came round to see if  you could lend her a cup of sugar. You say yes....... but she will need to pay.

You could then update your post on how 'carpet burns' can cause nasty marks to the arse, back, and shoulders of sexually active young women.

This can all take place in perfect safety as your good lady wife is away teaching feral children who don't want to learn. No need for her to know. :y
Have you quite finished? Yes? Then clean yourself up.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 March 2019, 17:36:00 »

Have you quite finished? Yes? Then clean yourself up.  ;D

Your memory is excellent. ;)

Your can remember exactly what she said before she put her knickers back on. ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 March 2019, 19:23:57 »

When the carpet settles in a few weeks & the check pattern doesn't align thats your excuse to go & buy the plain one that you really wanted. Lord Opti will confirm that £850 is cheap for a brace of carpets or laptops & you still have enough change to buy 3 brace of Omegas. ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.