Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Gatwick  (Read 29765 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Gatwick
« Reply #150 on: 24 December 2018, 19:46:42 »

So they eventually used multi million pound military equipment to deal with the drone at Gatwick and apparently the police were reluctant to get the army involved because it would make them look bad, which is why this saga dragged on for so long!  >:(

The police should have done this in the first place!  :y

Our local news has reported that the management of Gatwick airport have now decided to spend £5 billion (or was that million??!) on the equipment it needs to stop a repeat of this affair which they should have invested in before! ::)
« Last Edit: 24 December 2018, 19:51:55 by Lizzie Zoom »

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 24 December 2018, 19:57:37 »

I just wonder how plod gotta hold of the couple identified by the SUN  ???
You have that totally arse backwards...

A significant event has happened locally.

Say an apparently normal couple, let's call them Mr +. Mrs 78 Bex, from over the road get dragged from their house by armed police and there's five or six police cars clogging your road up for the day as they search the place.

One of your neighbours, an avid Sun reader, who possibly likes a flutter, thinks to himself, I can make a couple of quid here and get Christmas paid for and although Mr and Mrs Bex78 are nice enough, he's always leaving his wheeliebin in the way of my drive...

Said neighbours would have identified you to the Sun before you got to Havant nick...  ::)

Yes, and with money on offer.............................Crimestoppers is offering a £50K reward to anyone who correctly identifies the culprits and results in a successful prosecution. How much are the media offering I wonder??  Too tempting for some......!! :o :o

Swmbo wouldn`t go quietly, she give em one her stares   ;D

In the summer Plod pulled her over on her Triumph cos the exhaust is a tad loud.
Her bike cam listened into the conversation & they were like putty in hands.
The younger cop says summat like;  "Oh we didn`t realise you was lady biker until we got behind you"  ??? ....... At that point she gets the same cop to help her off with biker jacket "cos it`s just too hot"
The bike had just been serviced & they all agree that the dealer must have done summat wrong.  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 24 December 2018, 21:11:23 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 24 December 2018, 21:50:37 »

I suppose you think that's funny >:(

https://youtu.be/7zrXb_YQQag
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #154 on: 24 December 2018, 22:02:43 »

Actually, Al, it is funny. We can't all just stop having a laugh because you drive a snow plough at an airport.  :P

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 24 December 2018, 22:11:34 »

Actually, Al, it is funny. We can't all just stop having a laugh because you drive a snow plough at an airport.  :P

Looks like he landed on his sack.  ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 24 December 2018, 22:37:02 »

Looks like he landed on his sack.  ::)

Don`t worry children  ;D Santa is just fine & updating the app  for his grim reaper drone  8)

We`re  just getting an update & I think that is Dave the builder`s car driving  below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWB-b5N9E2U

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 25 December 2018, 00:14:43 »

So they eventually used multi million pound military equipment to deal with the drone at Gatwick and apparently the police were reluctant to get the army involved because it would make them look bad, which is why this saga dragged on for so long!  >:(

The police should have done this in the first place!  :y

Our local news has reported that the management of Gatwick airport have now decided to spend £5 billion (or was that million??!) on the equipment it needs to stop a repeat of this affair which they should have invested in before! ::)

That's expensive bog roll!  :o  or maybe just a shit load!  :-X  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 25 December 2018, 10:00:48 »

Yes I did DG  :y

Your video link, not so much so , shows how dangerous drones are ,which is why I agree that they should be limited to ,say 500 feet and away from built up areas ,particularly around sensitive areas like airports , which I believe is legislation  :-\

that said,Santa delivered lots of these drones himself to untrained idiots last Christmas ,and should have expected to run into one  ;D

Don`t worry children  ;D Santa is just fine & updating the app  for his grim reaper drone  8)

We`re  just getting an update & I think that is Dave the builder`s car driving  below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWB-b5N9E2U
;D :D

Nope ,I'm still alive ,despite several shandies yesterday  :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 25 December 2018, 11:27:58 »

Why don't drones have to pay air tax and have insurance?  Surely they should also have number plates on them so we can trace the owner ::) ;D
Personally, I wouldn't fly without insurance, and unless you're just playing with a 50m range toy in your garden, anyone would be mental not to take out a policy.

If its with malicious intent, I'm sure any identifying marks would be removed or faked, including electronic ones.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 25 December 2018, 11:38:02 »

At the end of the day why does the normal man/woman require a drone ? Simple they don't.
So now we are only allowed "things" sanctioned by our government?  Read that back to yourself a few times, then ask if that extends to v8 cars ;)

There was a small one hovering around the back of our houses during the summer. On the third day one of my neighbours

started taking pot shots at it with his .22 air rifle, it was low enough. He never hit it, of course, but the operator must have been close enough to see what was going on and it never came back.
Exactly what I would do , nosy bastards, peeping toms get a proper hobby.
That shows a great negligence, and what about the country's belief of innocent until proven guilty?  How do you know its got a camera? Or its enabled?  Am I allowed to take pop shots at your prized possessions?

I know the dumbest amongst us would believe everything the media says, and that "drones" (specifically meaning multicopters in this case) are evil (despite using them extensively themselves), but surely the intelligent thing to do would be turn the gun on the operator ;)

There are clear laws in place to protect the public, both in safety and privacy.  We don't ban all cars or bikes from the roads because some are caught speeding, we prosecute the individual...   ...then are let down by the CPS and prison systems, but that's another debate.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #161 on: 25 December 2018, 13:40:17 »

At the end of the day why does the normal man/woman require a drone ? Simple they don't.
So now we are only allowed "things" sanctioned by our government?  Read that back to yourself a few times, then ask if that extends to v8 cars ;)

There was a small one hovering around the back of our houses during the summer. On the third day one of my neighbours

started taking pot shots at it with his .22 air rifle, it was low enough. He never hit it, of course, but the operator must have been close enough to see what was going on and it never came back.
Exactly what I would do , nosy bastards, peeping toms get a proper hobby.
That shows a great negligence, and what about the country's belief of innocent until proven guilty?  How do you know its got a camera? Or its enabled?  Am I allowed to take pop shots at your prized possessions?

I know the dumbest amongst us would believe everything the media says, and that "drones" (specifically meaning multicopters in this case) are evil (despite using them extensively themselves), but surely the intelligent thing to do would be turn the gun on the operator ;)

There are clear laws in place to protect the public, both in safety and privacy.  We don't ban all cars or bikes from the roads because some are caught speeding, we prosecute the individual...   ...then are let down by the CPS and prison systems, but that's another debate.
How do you know it hasn't got a camera, or if it's disabled?  I'm pretty sure if something hovered over your back garden for a couple of hours for a few days running, you'd be a bit put out. It wasn't actually me that took potshots at it, but I certainly didn't try to talk him out of it.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 25 December 2018, 13:51:37 »

Cobblers. The Police liased with the BBC over Cliff Richard, enabling them to broadcast live from a helicopter, while the police raided his home.
They weren't worried about prejudicing his prosecution. They didn't even bother speaking to him before they raided his home. The first he knew about it was when someone called him in Portugal and told him what they were watching on TV.

The police had a report that someone (thought they) saw a drone near Gatwick. They then turned it into a farce which wouldn't be out of place in a carry on film, and now they are admitting that the drone(s) might not have actually existed at all.
Whoever was in charge of the operation should be signing on the dole in January but I very much doubt they will be.

No it is not!

In this instance (Gatwick) that we are discussing here the police died not liaise with the media and give them the name and address of the people being interviewed.

What happened in the Cliff Richard's case was very wrong and found to be so as someone in the police did make grave errors of judgement and procedures in giving to the media what they did.  But that was then, this is now with Gatwick drones. The police received 67 reports of the drone activity from members of the public, Gatwick staff and police officers themselves.  The thought that the dones may not have existed was due to a DCI being interviewed and stressing all lines of enquiry were being followed, taking everything into account, including the possibility the drones were not seen; that is the ABC of policing.  You do not accept anything until fully investigated and proved or disproved.  But the DCI really should not have implied what he did to the media as we know what that can lead to. :)

How do you know that ?

The police have disclosed that to us as ICIA's.  Cannot say anymore  ;) ;)

I guess I'm the only one on here that has to ask ,exactly what is an ICIA ?

STEMO

« Reply #163 on: 25 December 2018, 13:58:49 »

Cobblers. The Police liased with the BBC over Cliff Richard, enabling them to broadcast live from a helicopter, while the police raided his home.
They weren't worried about prejudicing his prosecution. They didn't even bother speaking to him before they raided his home. The first he knew about it was when someone called him in Portugal and told him what they were watching on TV.

The police had a report that someone (thought they) saw a drone near Gatwick. They then turned it into a farce which wouldn't be out of place in a carry on film, and now they are admitting that the drone(s) might not have actually existed at all.
Whoever was in charge of the operation should be signing on the dole in January but I very much doubt they will be.

No it is not!

In this instance (Gatwick) that we are discussing here the police died not liaise with the media and give them the name and address of the people being interviewed.

What happened in the Cliff Richard's case was very wrong and found to be so as someone in the police did make grave errors of judgement and procedures in giving to the media what they did.  But that was then, this is now with Gatwick drones. The police received 67 reports of the drone activity from members of the public, Gatwick staff and police officers themselves.  The thought that the dones may not have existed was due to a DCI being interviewed and stressing all lines of enquiry were being followed, taking everything into account, including the possibility the drones were not seen; that is the ABC of policing.  You do not accept anything until fully investigated and proved or disproved.  But the DCI really should not have implied what he did to the media as we know what that can lead to. :)

How do you know that ?

The police have disclosed that to us as ICIA's.  Cannot say anymore  ;) ;)

I guess I'm the only one on here that has to ask ,exactly what is an ICIA ?
Possibly the only one interested enough.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 25 December 2018, 14:40:44 »

.......I'm pretty sure if something hovered over your back garden for a couple of hours for a few days running, you'd be a bit put out.......

Not sure I'd feel comfortable hovering anything over his house. I saw first hand where some of the stuff landed after his last clear out.  ;D

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.